Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
Larry B.

April 10 - Teatro Vorterix, Bs. As., Argentina

#1 Post by Larry B. » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:17 pm

:tiphat:

Larry B.

Re: April 10 - Teatro Vorterix, Bs. As., Argentina

#2 Post by Larry B. » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:23 pm

I think it's great how the audience sings the bass lines in Mountain Song and Ted (the only 2 songs I saw from that video.)

It's a pretty clear sign of how awesome Eric's bass lines are/were. You have 2,500+ people singing A BASSLINE. I don't remember having seen an audience sing a bassline before.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3 Post by Hokahey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Larry B. wrote:I think it's great how the audience sings the bass lines in Mountain Song and Ted (the only 2 songs I saw from that video.)

It's a pretty clear sign of how awesome Eric's bass lines are/were. You have 2,500+ people singing A BASSLINE. I don't remember having seen an audience sing a bassline before.
What a great crowd. I hate St. Louis concert crowds.

Matov

#4 Post by Matov » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:59 am

hokahey wrote:What a great crowd.
thank you, we really try to give our 110% each night :lol:

in all seriousness, i'm not sure if having that attitude show after show after show, band after band after band, isnt as gimmicky as having a band telling every audience how they're the best audience ever... you know?

we relish in the fact that we (think we) really are the best crowd ever so we try to prove ourselves to bands or something like that. so every now and then it'll feel real, like on that clip cause the show was in such a small place, or back when we had eddie vedder choke on his own words during a ramones song, but seeing the same attitude from the crowd at every show may feel a bit fake.

though a couple of nights ago, at a mark lanegan show, at an even smaller venue (200 people aprox), i had one of the craziest experiences at a concert i've ever had. he had everyone standing still, just listening, with our mouths shut, for almost two hours. like the complete opposite of that clip. after the show, everyone was saying how much they'd enjoyed it anyway, so i guess he intimidated us or something :dunce:

i just realised i used up a Lollapalooza Brazil thread to talk about this particular Janes show, and now that it's got its own thread, i'm rambling on about whatever. here's a link to my aftershow review, just in case anyone cares: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1041&start=20
:wave: