#1 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 am

The Warfield Theatre

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Irresistible Force
Of Course (acoustic snippet—Dave started it, and Perry picked up—it seemed impromptu)
Jane Says
Chip Away
Up the Beach
Whores
Three Days
Splash a Little Water On It
Ocean Size
Stop!
Summertime Rolls

MYXYLPLYX

Re: 18 October 2012 || San Francisco, CA

#2 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 am

Much better than my pics...

Consensus from those who were there the night before seemed to be that S.F. show was WAY better than Santa Cruz (including their tour manager).

phenobarb_bambalam

#3 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 am

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised.

creep
Site Admin

#4 Post by creep » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm

they always seem to step it up for sf.

cabangbangq

#5 Post by cabangbangq » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm 18 and because of my age, the only Jane's show I had seen before this was the Shoreline show during NINJA which barely counts as a real show considering I was all the way back up in the seats and Shoreline generally sucks balls. Last night was a really fun show. The first half was solid and about what I expected but it did look like Dave and Perry were kinda going through the motions.

When they started playing Of Course, the whole crowd started singing along and people were pulling out their cameras and such. I wish they had played more of the song, but just hearing a bit of it was beautiful.

The show really went up a notch after Chip Away. As Dave started going behind the stage back to the other side, you could see he was totally hitting on these two girls who couldn't have been more than 23 and he stepped up his showmanship the rest of the show, probably trying to fuck them. Up the Beach into Whores was incredible and then Three Days blew my fucking mind. The whole band seemed really into Three Days and were playing their asses off. Splash A Little Water on It was actually much better than I anticipated live. They had a little section of the song that they seemed to jam on that I hadn't heard before and it had a bit of the classic Jane's feel to it. (I should add that I was high as a kite, some guy and his 17 year old son shared their vaporizer pen with me during UTB which made for a pretty blissful experience) Oceansize and Stop rocked hard and then Summertime Rolls to end it was beautiful as well.

Overall, I had a great time and it was a beautiful moment for me to finally see my favorite band in a small venue like the Warfield. The last 45 minutes of the show from Up the Beach to the end were just special. In those 45 minutes I stopped seeing the band as Dave, the LA B list celebrity manwhore, Perry, the old pussy whipped jewish car salesman, Chris as a lifeless blob, Perk stoned but solid and instead saw them as a great rock and roll band that were truly powerful and alive. I can see how in their absolute prime, they inspired such devotion and how powerful they were live and even if I never got to see them in their heyday, last night was a great experience.

MYXYLPLYX

#6 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 pm

:thumb:

Japhy

#7 Post by Japhy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 am

cabangbangq wrote:I'm 18 and because of my age, the only Jane's show I had seen before this was the Shoreline show during NINJA which barely counts as a real show considering I was all the way back up in the seats and Shoreline generally sucks balls. Last night was a really fun show. The first half was solid and about what I expected but it did look like Dave and Perry were kinda going through the motions.

When they started playing Of Course, the whole crowd started singing along and people were pulling out their cameras and such. I wish they had played more of the song, but just hearing a bit of it was beautiful.

The show really went up a notch after Chip Away. As Dave started going behind the stage back to the other side, you could see he was totally hitting on these two girls who couldn't have been more than 23 and he stepped up his showmanship the rest of the show, probably trying to fuck them. Up the Beach into Whores was incredible and then Three Days blew my fucking mind. The whole band seemed really into Three Days and were playing their asses off. Splash A Little Water on It was actually much better than I anticipated live. They had a little section of the song that they seemed to jam on that I hadn't heard before and it had a bit of the classic Jane's feel to it. (I should add that I was high as a kite, some guy and his 17 year old son shared their vaporizer pen with me during UTB which made for a pretty blissful experience) Oceansize and Stop rocked hard and then Summertime Rolls to end it was beautiful as well.

Overall, I had a great time and it was a beautiful moment for me to finally see my favorite band in a small venue like the Warfield. The last 45 minutes of the show from Up the Beach to the end were just special. In those 45 minutes I stopped seeing the band as Dave, the LA B list celebrity manwhore, Perry, the old pussy whipped jewish car salesman, Chris as a lifeless blob, Perk stoned but solid and instead saw them as a great rock and roll band that were truly powerful and alive. I can see how in their absolute prime, they inspired such devotion and how powerful they were live and even if I never got to see them in their heyday, last night was a great experience.
That's nice man, really cool. Regarding the 45 minute section, that's pretty much what keeps me going along when I can... those snippets and solid moments make it worth it every time.

kv

#8 Post by kv » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 am

nice set list for these days...hard to beat chip to beach to whores to 3 days

phenobarb_bambalam

#9 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 am

cabangbangq wrote:I'm 18 and because of my age, the only Jane's show I had seen before this was the Shoreline show during NINJA which barely counts as a real show considering I was all the way back up in the seats and Shoreline generally sucks balls. Last night was a really fun show. The first half was solid and about what I expected but it did look like Dave and Perry were kinda going through the motions.

Really nicely put, and I couldn't agree with you more than the show really took off part way through. I think some of that is due to the way the set is structured, but there was a point when they just clicked. And yes to the 23 year old bints!

clickie

#10 Post by clickie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm

I liked that review also..It makes me wonder if i'd even give janes a chance if I was your age...

MYXYLPLYX

#11 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:23 pm

A few pics from a friend:

phenobarb_bambalam

#12 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 pm

:thumb:

tubro

#13 Post by tubro » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 pm

awesome account. some very poignant statements in there. 'from the mouths of babes....'
keep rocking and keep writing. and thanks.