Terminal 5 12/29/12

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
farrellgirl99

Terminal 5 12/29/12

#1 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 pm

i thought it was a pretty good show tonight. its weird that perry can sound so good on some songs and then completely fuck up others. dave is worth the ticket price. he is amazing.

setlist was basically the same as last couple times i saw them (without either classic girl or i would for you though). and it was the same as last night in dc apparently. starting with underground mountain song just because etc etc.

encore is jane says and chip away.

perry said some nice stuff about hurricane sandy relief and brought an fdny guy on the stage. he also said the band would be donating to relief.

he also drank wine. i was waiting for the dobel. kinda disappointed in that.

my favorite part of the show was this douchebag next to me saying that "phil" was a great front man :lol:

the straight set of up the beach, whores, ocean size is so :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

and three days is the highlight for me, always. and i still dont know why they fucking play splash, its such a downer.

what did other people think? blackula? romeo? bman?

zendo

Re: Terminal 5 12/29/12

#2 Post by zendo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 pm

No order, but I felt the great classic energy on these and overall it was another really great NYC crowd show!

Ted
Ocean
Janes
Splash (Had some great Dave)
Up the beach
Three days
Chip away
Whores

bman

#3 Post by bman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 am

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ted, Just Admit It
Ain't No Right
Irresistible Force
Up the Beach
Whores
Three Days
Splash a Little Water
Ocean Size
Stop
Jane Says
Chip Away

Show Rocked. Nice Pit and rowdy crowd. 15 songs..Not bad for Janes! I just wish they'd change the Underground/mountain Song opener. Hell open with Irresistable Force to switch it up. And drop Splash and BCS for Then She Did. Then these shows would be classic. :wink:

blackula

#4 Post by blackula » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:47 am

Jane's sounded great. I was surprised with Perry, besides for ANR and the long ahhhhh part in Oceansize I thought he sounded great. Nothing beats Jane's in a club. Dave tore it up. Basically the same songs with Ted added in and the rotating acoustic song (I would for you, Classic Girl, Broken People) taken out. Having Ted and Three Days in the same set is always awesome. Up The Beach needs to be the opener. I don't mind the song Underground, it's just a week opener 4 straight times in NY within 14 months.

blackula

#5 Post by blackula » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:i thought it was a pretty good show tonight. its weird that perry can sound so good on some songs and then completely fuck up others. dave is worth the ticket price. he is amazing.

setlist was basically the same as last couple times i saw them (without either classic girl or i would for you though). and it was the same as last night in dc apparently. starting with underground mountain song just because etc etc.

encore is jane says and chip away.

perry said some nice stuff about hurricane sandy relief and brought an fdny guy on the stage. he also said the band would be donating to relief.

he also drank wine. i was waiting for the dobel. kinda disappointed in that.

my favorite part of the show was this douchebag next to me saying that "phil" was a great front man :lol:

the straight set of up the beach, whores, ocean size is so :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

and three days is the highlight for me, always. and i still dont know why they fucking play splash, its such a downer.

what did other people think? blackula? romeo? bman?
I was surprised, the wine didn't come out until towards the end. He smoked a little weed with someone in the front of the crowd during the beginning of Ted. He was handed a joint, took a hit off of it, pretended to hand it back, took another hit, then gave it back. I thought Perry was vocally on for the majority of the show. He butchered the "ah" part in Oceansize that leads into the "I want to be....as deep" part. He missed it bad and actually appeared to laugh.

Yeah, like all crowds there was a douchebag element. I was on Dave's side about 20 feet back. During the beginning of BCS some douche tried pushing his way through to get up front. The problem with that was there was nowhere to go. He had a little scuffle with the guy next to me and my wife ended up with his entire beer spilled on her. Lame.

I think Irving Plaza was the best of these 4 shows in NY over the last 14 months. I'd put this one second, followed by Brooklyn and then the Long Island show.

All in all I thought they were pretty great last night.

clickie

#6 Post by clickie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 pm

wow man..who wouldve ever thought janes actually had talent...