MY 10/17 IRVING PLAZA REVIEW

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
trevor ayer

Re: MY 10/17 IRVING PLAZA REVIEW

#26 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:i think you are not understanding my words .. i know full well they used to play tons of great shit in 86 87 .. my fav period and there most electifying sets for sure

once they had a record to promote .. nothings shocking .. on a big label wb .. they pretty much stuck to that record with other songs thrown in and a lot of great songs left out .. like 3 days and classic girl .. so yes they played those songs before, but once they had to promote nothings shocking .. they ditched all that and stuck mostly to the record they were promoting .. once the record came out RITUAL they promoted those songs too .. all i am saying is that now that they are a bib corporate band .. they will promote the record .. they always do .. unless it fails to register on the charts .. then they may revert to the greatest hits record ... the new stuff is not strong enough to do much with before the record comes out .. its not like anyone is gonna hear irreststable force live and want to buy the record .. they will mostly likely be thinking what the fuck was that song... it works in reverse for them now .. they awill play what they think is familiar to the audianece due to corporate saturation, not because they think the song is good enouch to hang with ocean size or jane says
I think I'm understanding your... backpeddling ... just.. perfectly... son.
ha u wish daddy o but yo i'm not that young and i doubt ur that old .. i wuz scroungin for 86 87 shows back in 89 .. still have them all on cassette .. but whatever .. i wuz just encouraging realistic expectations .. not really disagreeing with your desires .. they have a pattern they follow and i dont think they will beef out the set list with new stuff until the record is out .. till then u will get the hits .. u can want more but i wouldnt have a broken heart over expecting them to actually surprise you .. but its reasonable that they will play more new songs if the record sales aren't horrid .. like they did with strays, ritual, shocking

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:29 pm

trevor ayer wrote:ha u wish daddy o but yo i'm not that young and i doubt ur that old ..
Let's just say I'm old enough to understand how stupid it looks using single letters instead of words.

kv

#28 Post by kv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 pm

to be fair they were playing more strays songs before strays or even hyperleaked leaked then they are now...but like i have said i think t's smart most people going to see janes want to hear what made janes janes

creep
Site Admin

#29 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm

kv wrote:to be fair they were playing more strays songs before strays or even hyperleaked leaked then they are now...but like i have said i think t's smart most people going to see janes want to hear what made janes janes
just add 3 more new songs and keep the rest. try to maybe play two encores and they can do it. one encore with jane says every night is lame.

kv

#30 Post by kv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm

planned encores are lame as but btw ..wish they wuld stop with that shit

trevor ayer

#31 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:39 am

Pandemonium wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:ha u wish daddy o but yo i'm not that young and i doubt ur that old ..
Let's just say I'm old enough to understand how stupid it looks using single letters instead of words.
sheet i didn't know this board was so fucking civilized all of a sudden .. at least eye am smart enuf to stick to janes instead of picking apart peoples princebonics .. for what reason? cuz u can't tell that u = you? .. come on man .. i love yer van halen stories .. why u got 2 b a h8er? :lolol: :cool:

farrellgirl99

#32 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm

i know this is forever ago, but does anyone know who opened for janes for this show?

i remember liking the first band (all they said was that they were from colorado and they had a girl singer) and thinking the second band was like a really bad qotsa.

Artemis

#33 Post by Artemis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:i know this is forever ago, but does anyone know who opened for janes for this show?

i remember liking the first band (all they said was that they were from colorado and they had a girl singer) and thinking the second band was like a really bad qotsa.
Tennis?

They are from Denver and one of the bands du jour.

http://www.myspace.com/tennisinc

Warped

#34 Post by Warped » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 am