mountain song
stop
sympathy (partial)
jane says

tubro

Re: 10/18 NYC

#2 Post by tubro » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

really?? if that's so, that's cool.
i wonder if its just a minute or two preceding jane says. either way, nice treat.

tcrock

#3 Post by tcrock » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

underground was the 3rd new song....and I feel sorry for the cynics sometimes, you think too much

Awesome show........it's always pleasant to get reminded why they're my favorite

oh and wasn't the whole Sympathy....but more than enough to be unreal.

bman

#4 Post by bman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 pm

GUYS N GALS..Believe me not if you must...but I swear to God this was THE GREATEST JANES show I have ever seen. Hands down. I can't get over how Fucking amazing thos band is...and how fucking amazing a frontman Perry is. You knew they would be happy today. Back in NY and the Album dropping.

I knew the show was special right from the start. I got in at 10:00 tonight and the place was jam packed. 10:35 Up The Beach begins and chris, dave and perk are on stage. Perry is doing the intro from off stage and runs on stage right before 'Here WEEE GOOOOO NOWWWWWW"....I fuckin knew tonight was special. Then Whores with Etty and the other chick on separate perches. Rocking out. CRAZY crowd energy. Crazy mosh pit. Crazy on stage energy. Just B/C...Aint No Right ..Ted...THEN SHE DID...This was the most magical part of the set. I tweeted Perry and Dave earlier requesting this song and it was intense. The crowd up front was so into it and knew every lyric. It sounded fuckin beautiful. Chaney's bass lines were so loud and pronounced tonight. I love Avery..but whatever. Chaney can play. BCS I think next and the place goes wild.
I don't know the full order of songs but the new ones were Lies, Underground, and Irresistable Force. I was never an IF fan. I actually love the song now. Underground will be a Classic. Fucking Great Song. THREE DAYS...My God...I thought DAve Navarro was playing from the CD. That's how incredible a solo he put on tonight for 3 days. There was so much energy all night it was incredible. TOO Many Muscle heads up front but what can you do. OceanSize,..I think Perry jumped in too soon on the 2nd verse and Dave shot Perky a look but whatever..It happens. MNT, Stop....ENCORE....Perry Sings the First Verse of Meija and dave is strumming along..Then Perry and Dave do a littel 1% Teaser...THEN....They jam into Sympathy for The Devil..First Verse only! But Great None The less...Then Jane SAys to say goodbye...I've seen countless JA and Perry shows. I know I'm giddy right now but I swear to you this was the greatest show I've ever seen. :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:26 pm

:lolol: glad you had fun

bman

#6 Post by bman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 pm

creep wrote::lolol: glad you had fun
I wish you were there brother creep!

tcrock

#7 Post by tcrock » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm

honestly, I've seen them like 10 times now.that was the best since the relapse (hammerstein).....Perry needa a lot of help from the crowd with the vox but that's what you go for...to participate. anyways, I damn near passed out in there from the energy, that dude is 10 years my senior.........is in incredible shape and is the most charismatic front man there is......half way through I' was like are they done yet......not sure if i can take anymore. Obviously the band is outstanding. But to keep things in perspective, I went with 2 friends.....2 of us were out of our minds with the show..and one was like "Perry doesn't sing half the time"...probably a good represetation of the fan experience overall.

anyways I'll be going to pick up TGEA tomorrow

Japhy

#8 Post by Japhy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 am

Come on, that's more like it! 15 songs, teasers, 3 new ones... Then She Did (thought they'd play that after the webchat thing yesterday).

Stoked for you after Monday bman, and anyone else that went along.

Bandit72

#9 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 am

Yep, that is a great set list. I wonder if they will gig in the UK next year rather than festival it...AGAIN.

Warped

#10 Post by Warped » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 am

bman wrote:GUYS N GALS..Believe me not if you must...but I swear to God this was THE GREATEST JANES show I have ever seen. Hands down. I can't get over how Fucking amazing thos band is...and how fucking amazing a frontman Perry is. You knew they would be happy today. Back in NY and the Album dropping.

I knew the show was special right from the start. I got in at 10:00 tonight and the place was jam packed. 10:35 Up The Beach begins and chris, dave and perk are on stage. Perry is doing the intro from off stage and runs on stage right before 'Here WEEE GOOOOO NOWWWWWW"....I fuckin knew tonight was special. Then Whores with Etty and the other chick on separate perches. Rocking out. CRAZY crowd energy. Crazy mosh pit. Crazy on stage energy. Just B/C...Aint No Right ..Ted...THEN SHE DID...This was the most magical part of the set. I tweeted Perry and Dave earlier requesting this song and it was intense. The crowd up front was so into it and knew every lyric. It sounded fuckin beautiful. Chaney's bass lines were so loud and pronounced tonight. I love Avery..but whatever. Chaney can play. BCS I think next and the place goes wild.
I don't know the full order of songs but the new ones were Lies, Underground, and Irresistable Force. I was never an IF fan. I actually love the song now. Underground will be a Classic. Fucking Great Song. THREE DAYS...My God...I thought DAve Navarro was playing from the CD. That's how incredible a solo he put on tonight for 3 days. There was so much energy all night it was incredible. TOO Many Muscle heads up front but what can you do. OceanSize,..I think Perry jumped in too soon on the 2nd verse and Dave shot Perky a look but whatever..It happens. MNT, Stop....ENCORE....Perry Sings the First Verse of Meija and dave is strumming along..Then Perry and Dave do a littel 1% Teaser...THEN....They jam into Sympathy for The Devil..First Verse only! But Great None The less...Then Jane SAys to say goodbye...I've seen countless JA and Perry shows. I know I'm giddy right now but I swear to you this was the greatest show I've ever seen. :rockon:
:rockon: :rockon: :thumb: Glad you got to see that..that's one awesome setlist

Larry B.

#11 Post by Larry B. » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 am

now, that's more like it. good shit.

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 am

honestly there isn't a lot of difference in the setlists. yeah they played a couple more songs and teased a couple but basically same set in basically the same order.

Larry B.

#13 Post by Larry B. » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:38 am

Yeah, but it seems like a step in a good direction... more songs and 3 or 4 songs of the new album. Not that I'd like to listen to Splash... live, but you just HAVE to play your new material. Out of respect for yourself.

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am

i agree...obviously it's better. i just wish that instead of teasing these songs they just play them. i'm also really surprised that pigs has gone away for good it seems.

Japhy

#15 Post by Japhy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 am

creep wrote:i agree...obviously it's better. i just wish that instead of teasing these songs they just play them. i'm also really surprised that pigs has gone away for good it seems.
Yeah, what the hell has happened to Pigs? Great live song... perfect for banter or jams into another song. Pigs and NOL would be top quality additions to the set... stick NOL in ahead of ANR a couple of times.

Romeo

#16 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:25 am

adding TSD & a snippet of Sympathy....still not upset... :tiphat:

zendo

#17 Post by zendo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:45 am

At the last minute I said fuck it and it didn't matter that I had no ticket. I headed to Irving Plaza anyway to see what I could rustle up around 7:15. I get to the ticket window and ask if any opened up and that I just needed one and these two women in the box office start smiling at me. They had ONE ticket! They said a few people had asked but needed more than one so I got it. This show was by far my favorite since Hammerstein '97! Every now and then they tap into that fierce side and open up some frequency that's incredibly spiritual and dangerous like the old days. This was one of those times! Fuck, Perry sounded better than some of the best late 80's boots! Dave was on fire, with nasty, tasty solos. Perk was awesome as always and I never heard Chaney this good. In addition to having actual stage presence and a punchy, tight sound, he did a little twist on some bass lines here and there that were great. Underground fit right in and EOTL and IF were good as well. Hot, sweaty, sexy women all over the place. :cool: :heart:

bman

#18 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 am

Janes felt it too last night. NYC was fucking good to them over the past couple of nights. I hope they remember how much love and support fans will show them when they are on and trying to please. I still can't get over how good and loud Chaney's bass was! There was also so much Perry banter. I hope this show surfaces real soon. It was a fuckin classic.

tcrock

#19 Post by tcrock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am

zendo wrote:At the last minute I said fuck it and it didn't matter that I had no ticket. I headed to Irving Plaza anyway to see what I could rustle up around 7:15. I get to the ticket window and ask if any opened up and that I just needed one and these two women in the box office start smiling at me. They had ONE ticket! They said a few people had asked but needed more than one so I got it. This show was by far my favorite since Hammerstein '97! Every now and then they tap into that fierce side and open up some frequency that's incredibly spiritual and dangerous like the old days. This was one of those times! Fuck, Perry sounded better than some of the best late 80's boots! Dave was on fire, with nasty, tasty solos. Perk was awesome as always and I never heard Chaney this good. In addition to having actual stage presence and a punchy, tight sound, he did a little twist on some bass lines here and there that were great. Underground fit right in and EOTL and IF were good as well. Hot, sweaty, sexy women all over the place. :cool: :heart:

agreed.......in this internet time where reviews and set lists are readily available instantly, in my opinion people get too hung up on the set lists.....it's not always about what they play, but how it's delivered...like you said, they played with a ferocity that hadn't been there since that 97 show for me as well.....the vibe was there....the crowd felt it......it's things like that to me that make a show. The intimate setting didn't hurt either.

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:07 am

tcrock wrote:
zendo wrote:At the last minute I said fuck it and it didn't matter that I had no ticket. I headed to Irving Plaza anyway to see what I could rustle up around 7:15. I get to the ticket window and ask if any opened up and that I just needed one and these two women in the box office start smiling at me. They had ONE ticket! They said a few people had asked but needed more than one so I got it. This show was by far my favorite since Hammerstein '97! Every now and then they tap into that fierce side and open up some frequency that's incredibly spiritual and dangerous like the old days. This was one of those times! Fuck, Perry sounded better than some of the best late 80's boots! Dave was on fire, with nasty, tasty solos. Perk was awesome as always and I never heard Chaney this good. In addition to having actual stage presence and a punchy, tight sound, he did a little twist on some bass lines here and there that were great. Underground fit right in and EOTL and IF were good as well. Hot, sweaty, sexy women all over the place. :cool: :heart:

agreed.......in this internet time where reviews and set lists are readily available instantly, in my opinion people get too hung up on the set lists.....it's not always about what they play, but how it's delivered...like you said, they played with a ferocity that hadn't been there since that 97 show for me as well.....the vibe was there....the crowd felt it......it's things like that to me that make a show. The intimate setting didn't hurt either.
i agree with that. the internet has kind sort hurt the live show experience when it comes to set lists. with absolutely no knowledge of what they have been playing most would be pretty excited to hear ted, then she did and three days at one show. it is about how it is delivered not all the time about what they play. i would take a high energy show with that set list over a low energy show in a shitty venue playing some of the older songs they don't play.

bman

#21 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

bman

#22 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:28 am

bman

#23 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:31 am

bman

#24 Post by bman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 am

tubro

#25 Post by tubro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 am

Happy for all of you who attended. And happy that they've got that type of juice in them. Just watched meija/sympathy. Smiling ear to ear.