Feb 22 - Saint Louis, MO at The Pageant

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
Romeo

Re: Feb 22 - Saint Louis, MO at The Pageant

#121 Post by Romeo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

hokahey wrote:In case anyone missed it in my review, Etty and Bubba both sang backup for much of the show.
yes I did. But I thought better than comment....

:confused:

Are you sure her mic was actually on?? Because at the SP show I was at it wasn't.

Romeo

#122 Post by Romeo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm

someguy wrote:Looks like Dave sings the low part on Underground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNQWKdKjK7w

Edit: Sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed :noclue:
Dave should sing more often. I know he hates doing it.
I like his voice.

Artemis

#123 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Is anybody here going to the Detroit show tonight?

Looks like an early start. I saw 7pm for the start time.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#124 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Romeo wrote:
hokahey wrote:In case anyone missed it in my review, Etty and Bubba both sang backup for much of the show.

Are you sure her mic was actually on?? Because at the SP show I was at it wasn't.
The reason I noticed they had mics were the red lights on the bottom just like Perry's mic. I could really hear Etty on Twisted Tales.

creep
Site Admin

#125 Post by creep » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

hokahey wrote:
Romeo wrote:

The reason I noticed they had mics were the red lights on the bottom just like Perry's mic. I could really hear Etty on Twisted Tales.
i guess i missed that. honestly that was one of my worst fears. i could almost accept her dancing on a few songs but now that she is singing that is just too much.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#126 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Romeo wrote:

i guess i missed that. honestly that was one of my worst fears. i could almost accept her dancing on a few songs but now that she is singing that is just too much.
Yeah, its lame. But honestly unless you can accept a certain amount of lame youre not going to enjoy these shows.

I realized just how much less I would have enjoyed the show had I been in a seat like 50-75% of the crowd was. It really takes closing my eyes and rocking the fuck out to the old stuff for me to really enjoy myself.

creep
Site Admin

#127 Post by creep » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

hokahey wrote: I realized just how much less I would have enjoyed the show had I been in a seat like 50-75% of the crowd was. It really takes closing my eyes and rocking the fuck out to the old stuff for me to really enjoy myself.
:lol: i saw you rocking the fuck out on that anr video.

since i have that passing out thing that pandemonium has the last two shows i had to stand near the back but they were really small clubs so i was about 20ft from the stage.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#128 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote: I realized just how much less I would have enjoyed the show had I been in a seat like 50-75% of the crowd was. It really takes closing my eyes and rocking the fuck out to the old stuff for me to really enjoy myself.

since i have that passing out thing that pandemonium has the last two shows i had to stand near the back but they were really small clubs so i was about 20ft from the stage.

Yeah I understand it's not for everyone, but at certain shows I'm not having fun unless I feel like it's go nuts time. The best shows are when the whole crowd feels that way. I guess I just went to too many punk shows when I lived with my first roommate that played bass in a pretty prominent local punk/metal band. That and some of my first and best shows being RATM, P4P, NIN in their prime when a whole room full of people going apeshit.

Larry B.

#129 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:46 pm

creep wrote:
No idea why, but now Hoka reminds me of Butters.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#130 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm

The video we're discussing: :lol:

Shouldnt be hard to spot me.

The guy with the black hair to my left was a really cool Jane's fan I met there. You can see he's in to it too. He just joined here as curt46n2 I think. Really nice guy. Nose ring, 20 year old ritual shirt on...

creep
Site Admin

#131 Post by creep » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:02 pm

the weird thing about that video is that you are on the rail but you have plenty of room.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#132 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 pm

creep wrote:the weird thing about that video is that you are on the rail but you have plenty of room.

Dude I'm telling you. There was no crush from the crowd at all until Stop. The guy next to me says "finally" or something like that and as soon as it started it stopped.

Every show I go to the crowd just gets lamer and lamer.

Arcade Fire was even worse. It was so fucking tough to get down in front and then everyone stood there motionless the entire show. I understand it's Arcade Fire and not Pantera, but Jesus...

The KC Janes show in late 2003 was nuts. Great fucking crowd. When the pit and the crowd surfing continue in between songs you know it's a good time.

Larry B.

#133 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:35 pm

creep wrote:the weird thing about that video is that you are on the rail but you have plenty of room.
Goes to show how lame the crowd was. To me, the crows is about 75% of the show. One time I went to a festival in which my favorite Latin American band (Los Fabulosos Cadillacs) was playing. I was getting ready to jump around, and I realize everybody is SITTING. We were in a pretty big stadium, 30k people in the field, and they were SITTING. It just ruined it for me. And in Brazil, when I went to see Jane's and Faith No More, something similar happened. Everyone was just standing there, watching the band quietly. They barely ever jumped, even during FNM's set. I expected better from the Brazilian crowd.

Similarly, if I'm seeing jazz and a guy starts singing or something, I fucking hate it. Or when I'm seeing classical music and some douchebag starts directing the orchestra or playing air violin.

esqfool

#134 Post by esqfool » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm

So I guess clickie was Adolf and :janesaw: was janesbiggestfan ?

JOEinPHX

#135 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 pm

hokahey wrote:Janesbiggestfan has been banned. It's perfectly fine to have a dissenting opinion and to argue it passionately, but when a new kid shows up shitting all over a respected vet like Romeo as their only means of making their point then they have nothing to offer us here.

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 pm

esqfool wrote:So I guess clickie was Adolf and :janesaw: was janesbiggestfan ?
no and no

i haven't figured out who clickie is yet and i'm 99% sure it isn't adlof. janesbiggestfan is some dude from poland that just finally had enough.

creep
Site Admin

#137 Post by creep » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:Janesbiggestfan has been banned. It's perfectly fine to have a dissenting opinion and to argue it passionately, but when a new kid shows up shitting all over a respected vet like Romeo as their only means of making their point then they have nothing to offer us here.
if it was up to you everyone would be banned.

JOEinPHX

#138 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:13 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
if it was up to you everyone would be banned.
That is untrue. I'd much rather argue with someone up to a certain point.

esqfool

#139 Post by esqfool » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:14 pm

creep wrote:
esqfool wrote:So I guess clickie was Adolf and :janesaw: was janesbiggestfan ?
no and no

i haven't figured out who clickie is yet and i'm 99% sure it isn't adlof. janesbiggestfan is some dude from poland that just finally had enough.
Well that's a surprise honestly. I thought for sure we were about to hear THE TREATMENT.

JOEinPHX

#140 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 pm

i thought janesbiggestfan was someone from here.

Didn't someone say they registered a fake twitter name just to get the band to answer their questions? Wasn't that JBF?

chaos

#141 Post by chaos » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

JOEinPHX

#142 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm

chaos wrote:
Perry, the dancers, and the crowd all look bored. :lol:

pandarve666

#143 Post by pandarve666 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:38 am

Did anyone see Blackbox Revelation? Any opinions?

thoreau

#144 Post by thoreau » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 am

someguy wrote:Looks like Dave sings the low part on Underground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNQWKdKjK7w

Edit: Sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed :noclue:
I think it worked pretty well. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#145 Post by Hokahey » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:23 am

pandarve666 wrote:Did anyone see Blackbox Revelation? Any opinions?

They're good at what they do, but what they do bores me to tears. The two man blues/garage rock thing has been done to death.