Feb 29 Auditorium Theater, Rochester NY

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
JOEinPHX

Re: Feb 29 Auditorium Theater, Rochester NY

#21 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Japhy wrote:
Larry B. wrote:fun for the fans, for the casual listener and the die-hard fanatic.
That's the balance right there. I'm not saying it's easy (i'm not a musician for one, so what the hell do i know) but switch-ups from night to night, even little ones, has got to be a smart move. I'm liking the vibe of this tour so far but i guess the proof is in the pudding and i won't be seeing it for quite some time.

They drop in My Time, we're all going to be united in our love right?!
Only if it's not at the expense of any of the other songs.

tubro

Re: Feb 29 Auditorium Theater, Rochester NY

#22 Post by tubro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

chip away is about as great as they get -- primal genius music -- but i'm extremely bummed to see it replace i would for you. obviously they're two very meaningful songs in the JA canon. but i've seen chip away many times and i would for you, which i think i've only seen twice since 91 was by far the treat of this year's setlist. like kettle whistle in 01.

they should leave it in. i agree with hoka that chip away is better as an encore anyway. (it would be pretty sweet as an opener too.) replace ocean size or one of the other old songs if they can't go to 15 songs without exploding. or play i would for you as the last encore.

i'm all for rotating an old tune and changing it up nightly. i think that's ultra cool. and i'm very positive on the setlist they've chosen for this tour. but please perry if you're reading this and (jane's reference quiz coming here.....) you know you read this..... you read it every day..... you read it every day i saw ya.... when i came over you were reading .....anyway......

please put i would for you in the set every night. thanks.