3/4/12 Huntington, Long Island

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
tcrock

Re: 3/4/12 Huntington, Long Island

#21 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 am

hokahey wrote:
bman wrote:A backing track on the intro to Underground, and a backing track on the chorus of Twisted which he sings over.
This. He's not lip synching. Big difference.

I barely noticed it.

Sad no matter how you slice it, but it's not Perry on stage pretending to sing.

agreed..... I barely noticed the backing tracks, and I knew what parts there would be tracks on going into the show.

farrellgirl99

#22 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 am

I misspoke - didn't mean to say lip synching. If he wants to use some backing tracks, whatever, it was only a few times.

My favorite vocal performance was on I Would For You. It sounded phenomenal.

blackula

#23 Post by blackula » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:I misspoke - didn't mean to say lip synching. If he wants to use some backing tracks, whatever, it was only a few times.

My favorite vocal performance was on I Would For You. It sounded phenomenal.
I was really trying to listen for the backing tracks. Like Bman said, Underground intro and Twisted Tales chorus. I didn't realize Dave sang the verse's with Perry on Underground. I'm not sure if their was a backing track on the IF chorus or if I was hearing Etty. IF is the only song I noticed her on and could clearly hear her on the last chorus.

I Would for you was pretty great

Perry's kids were at the show, I assumed the kid during Stop was one of his kids, but it was just a random kid

bman

#24 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

I heard Etty on Words too.

bman

#25 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egT-6nJTOg

Notice how most of the crowd isn't moving during this song! They didn't know it.

bman

#26 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 pm

tcrock

#27 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Ted's always one of my favorite songs live........ i'm already looking forward to the next time they come around my way again

imail724

#28 Post by imail724 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

bman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egT-6nJTOg

Notice how most of the crowd isn't moving during this song! They didn't know it.
I was actually laughing about that. The crowd was going nuts during Stop! then everyone came to a screeching halt when Words came on. It was also funny that my brother and I decided Twisted Tales was a great time to hit the bathroom, after walking out of the bathroom the line was all the way past the bar. I guess everyone else had the same idea.

chaos

#29 Post by chaos » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Jammyshill

#30 Post by Jammyshill » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 am

imail724 wrote:

I was actually laughing about that. The crowd was going nuts during Stop! then everyone came to a screeching halt when Words came on. It was also funny that my brother and I decided Twisted Tales was a great time to hit the bathroom, after walking out of the bathroom the line was all the way past the bar. I guess everyone else had the same idea.
And there lies the difference. People on here moan about Jane's not mixing up the setlist, but imagine if Jane's played a set full of album tracks with only one or two of the hits? It would be embarrassing, as I doubt that half of the 'fans' would even know what's going on. Compare this with a Pearl Jam gig, where the crowd want to hear all of the songs that they rarely ever play. People can say what they want, but Jane's in many ways can never win with their decisions.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#31 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 am

Jammyshill wrote:
imail724 wrote:

And there lies the difference. People on here moan about Jane's not mixing up the setlist, but imagine if Jane's played a set full of album tracks with only one or two of the hits? It would be embarrassing, as I doubt that half of the 'fans' would even know what's going on. Compare this with a Pearl Jam gig, where the crowd want to hear all of the songs that they rarely ever play. People can say what they want, but Jane's in many ways can never win with their decisions.
At the St. Louis show the crowd seemed very excited that they played I Would for You. I don't think the issue is so much them needing to play hits, but when most of the crowd doesn't know your new album they won't be in to the new songs. I give them credit for playing them personally.

bman

#32 Post by bman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 am

The set list is ok..I just don't like the fact that since 2005, every Perry show (Satellite Party, Perry/Etty, Janes) includes Mountain, ANR, BCS, Stop and Jane Says. Stop NEEDS to stay in the set. But Mountain and BCS don't need to be there every night.

tcrock

#33 Post by tcrock » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 am

bman wrote:The set list is ok..I just don't like the fact that since 2005, every Perry show (Satellite Party, Perry/Etty, Janes) includes Mountain, ANR, BCS, Stop and Jane Says. Stop NEEDS to stay in the set. But Mountain and BCS don't need to be there every night.

yes they do....you guys often lose sight of the fact that the overly obsessed/loyal following of this band is both aged and relatively small.......while the die hard jans can probably do without the songs, the majority of the audiences are casual fans anyway..who would bitch if they didn't hear those songs. The set lsits they are playing are fine in my opinion

chaos

#34 Post by chaos » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm

imail724

#35 Post by imail724 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am

Jammyshill wrote:
imail724 wrote:

I was actually laughing about that. The crowd was going nuts during Stop! then everyone came to a screeching halt when Wo ards came on. It was also funny that my brother and I decided Twisted Tales was a great time to hit the bathroom, after walking out of the bathroom the line was all the way past the bar. I guess everyone else had the same idea.
Jane's has a butt load of old songs they never play. They only had 3 original albums from the golden era yet still never play songs like of course, obvious, standing in the shower, my time, etc etc etc. ddon't think the majority is complaining that they don't mix enough NEW songs into the setlist, but they fact that they keep the setlist almost exactly the same night to night.