3/4/12 Huntington, Long Island

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
bman

3/4/12 Huntington, Long Island

#1 Post by bman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 pm

My oh My! Jane's KILLED in NYC! NY loves janes and the crowd was nuts. It really helps to have a VERY enthusiatsic crowd.Not as crazy as Irving plaza but almost. Perry ALWAYS brings his A game to NY. I was bummed after the Maine show. Very bummed. I was even thinking it was my last go round. But once again this band will from time to time absolutely remind me why I have loved them all these years. Tonight was great. It was night and day compared to Maine. I had a feeling they would kill and they did. Mainly b/C Perry was on fire. Dave Too. Hell even Chaney had stage presence tonight! Same set but I would for you rather than Classic Girl. Twisted Tales and Underground are VERY good :rockon: but is Perry singing? Thank You boys tease. Once again Three Days absolutely blows peoples minds away. I can't describe how great 3 days is. Big pit area most of the night. Stangest thing, during STop (which brings the house down), some 8 or 9 year old kid somehow ends up on stage and is rocking out during the whole song! You need to see it. Funniest thing I've seen at a Jane show!
Also, Dave during Ted, was busy trying to throw his phone number I suspect, on a piece of paper to some chick. Dave spends a lot of time during the show looking for chicks! Tonight was a great show. I wish everyone here could see some of these NYC shows! Also, Perry had a lot of interaction with Dave and Chaney during the show. In Maine he didn'y look once their way! Tonight was great.

farrellgirl99

Re: 3/4/12 Huntington, Long Island

#2 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Just came back from the show. First off, I'm never going out to Huntington ever again. The Paramount's directions to the venue/shuttle service were complete shit. And tell me how a cab company doesn't pick up their phone for twenty minutes. God, I hate Long Island.

With that rant over, I agree that the show was very good. I was in the seats though, and I thought the crowd sucked balls. And since I had an overview of the whole pit, I think it's weird that the crowd seemed lively from the front, cause after the second row or so of people, hardly anyone was even bobbing their heads, let alone dancing or moving (except during ANR, Three Days, and Stop). It sucked. I felt like the whole crowd was super casual fans. The whole row in front of me didn't react at all until the very end, and then they just clapped. Ugh. The Irving Plaza crowd was soooo much better, I'm so glad I go to shows in the city where people actually seem to care.

Dave was on fire tonight. Simply amazing. Best song was Three Days although I thought I Would For You (so glad they played it) and Chip Away sounded GREAT. I thought Perry fucked up Ted really badly in the latter part of the song. It just sounded super sloppy. What I don't get is how Perry sounds amazing at some points and really shitty at others. Is it something he's just turning on and off or is it luck of the draw? His vocals were pretty inconsistent, but he did have a lot of energy (although nowhere near as much banter as the last two times I saw him).

And I really wouldn't call anything about the show theatrical. I liked the look of the set, but I wouldn't say it was much different from anything normal.

So yeah pretty good show. Musically speaking, it was insanely tight and I think the setlist flows really well. Definitely better than what I had in mind after reading some stuff on here :lol:

bman

#3 Post by bman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Yea I was up front..Maybe 5 or six rows back towards Dave's side. It was rowdy as fuck up front. Lots of Long Island meatheads! Some people even thought Avery was in bass! But there was crowd surfing and moshing all around me. Tonight was SOOO much better than Maine, on so many levels.

Warped

#4 Post by Warped » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 pm

bman wrote: but is Perry singing? Thank You boys tease. Once again Three Days absolutely blows peoples minds away. I can't describe how great 3 days is. Big pit area most of the night. Stangest thing, during STop (which brings the house down), some 8 or 9 year old kid somehow ends up on stage and is rocking out during the whole song! You need to see it. Funniest thing I've seen at a Jane show!
Also, Dave during Ted, was busy trying to throw his phone number I suspect, on a piece of paper to some chick. Dave spends a lot of time during the show looking for chicks! Tonight was a great show. I wish everyone here could see some of these NYC shows! Also, Perry had a lot of interaction with Dave and Chaney during the show. In Maine he didn'y look once their way! Tonight was great.
I am happy you had a good time. :rockon:

But really i can't get over the fact that Perry is apparently not able to sing the new songs. That kills it for me.

Oh and Dave and his chicks... :eyes: it annoys me. Yes i think he is very good looking and i like him but i guess his behaviour starts getting ridiculous for a 44 year old man... :jasper:

bman

#5 Post by bman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm

The show was great tonight. Make no mistake about it. But yea Dave is funny that way. Perry gets a lot of shit bc he more than anyone else in the band is truly hit or miss. But you would never see Perry using a Janes live show to get chicks! Dave literally took time to write his number on a piece of paper during a classic tune like Ted and threw it at a chick next to me!!

Warped

#6 Post by Warped » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 am

I am a bit shocked that not more people here are annoyed by the lip-synching. Come on, he fucks up some of the old songs and he can't bring the new ones....What's that? If i go to a live show i want live singing and nothing else. If Perry can't bring that...i will not go. Definitely not.

First time for me that i am really annoyed by this band. :no: Maybe it has to do with me having pms :lol: i don't know. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:45 am

The lip syncing wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't the record versions. Maybe he should go into the studio and nail the songs "live" and let THOSE be what people hear.

bman

#8 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 am

I think the first verse of Underground and the chorus of Twisted are the only backing track parts. Pretty sure he's signing all of words and force. I wish he wouldn't do it and just add a ton of echo instead. I don't care if he can't hit the high notes. But Perry absolutely brought it last night. My girl was joking that he must have had a shot of cortizone and an ensure before the show! He was on fire. Not to be NY snob but it's true..NY will always bring out the best in bands.

blackula

#9 Post by blackula » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 am

They were definitely on fire. The crowd was pretty lame though. It seemed like some would rather be at a Tension or VOD reunion show than a jane's show. I thought the opening band was terrible, but I would never heckle anyone. All I heard from the meatheads was insults being yelled at the stage. I was on Chaney's side about 15 feet from the stage and a fight broke out right before Jane's went on. When Mountain Song started 4 security guards had to separate a few dudes who were about to throwdown. "He danced into my girl" and silly shit like that. Security stayed in the pit for the next 3 songs. And the "Let's Go Rangers" chant that started after Chip Away while the mini acoustic area was being taken down was as Lawng Eyelind as is gets!

From the mini acoustic set on it was completely top notch Jane's. The theatrics didn't add or take away from anything and were only really present during TGEA songs. IF actually sounded pretty epic.

bman

#10 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

I was on Dave side. The crows on my side at least was very into it. Or pockets of the crowd was into it. There was definately a meat head contingency there. But oh well. All the adrenaline and enery in the room helps the show! Glad you liked it Blackula. I would agree too, from the mini set on it was a top Janes show.

tcrock

#11 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 am

The show was awesome. I enjoyed the performance, the venue and pretty much everything. the crowd was definitely the only downer, seemed to be a lot of casual fans and local people who just go to shows in a venue like this because it's close to them (nothing really wrong with that)....After getting jostled around, sweating and nearly passing out from exhaustion at Irving Plaza back in October, last night was a much more laid back floor experience..not neccessarily bad.it was easy to refill on your drinks and get right back to where you were without missing any of the show. I do think these guys step it up a notch in the NY area. Actually Perry sounded the best I've experienced live in a while. Glad I went. And i know the two man thing is a bit overdone, but I enjoyed the opening band as well.

bman

#12 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 am

Does anyone know how that Kid got on stage during Stop!

tcrock

#13 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 am

bman wrote:I was on Dave side. The crows on my side at least was very into it. Or pockets of the crowd was into it. There was definately a meat head contingency there. But oh well. All the adrenaline and enery in the room helps the show! Glad you liked it Blackula. I would agree too, from the mini set on it was a top Janes show.

I didn't encounter many "meatheads"......but i did see one stage diver that looked like he went right to the floor because no one wanted to catch him....and I also saw what looked like a very overweight guy in his 50's getting medical attention, it looked like the poor dude was having a heart attack, hope he was alright. There were a lot of people that kind if treated it like a night out in a bar though and the band was like a background.

imail724

#14 Post by imail724 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 am

this guy Image
bman wrote:Does anyone know how that Kid got on stage during Stop!
I saw a few people manage to hop on stage and stage dive (which I've never seen in real life due to security). This kid was boosted up and then followed by his father (or some adult dude), security rushed them off the side of the stage then Perry walked over and told the kid to hop back up for the rest of the song.

farrellgirl99

#15 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 am

bman wrote:I think the first verse of Underground and the chorus of Twisted are the only backing track parts. Pretty sure he's signing all of words and force. I wish he wouldn't do it and just add a ton of echo instead. I don't care if he can't hit the high notes. But Perry absolutely brought it last night. My girl was joking that he must have had a shot of cortizone and an ensure before the show! He was on fire. Not to be NY snob but it's true..NY will always bring out the best in bands.
Yeah, Perry really isn't lip synching much. It's just two parts. I'm not excusing it, but it's a minimal part of the show,and didn't detract for me. I just wish his vocals were stronger throughout, but I'd rather have them be weaker live than prerecorded anyway.

sonny

#16 Post by sonny » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 am

so are we sure perry is lip syncing some of the new songs? just doesn't sound right to me. maybe a backing vocal?

bman

#17 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:29 am

A backing track on the intro to Underground, and a backing track on the chorus of Twisted which he sings over.

bman

#18 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 am

Last edited by bman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#19 Post by Hokahey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 am

bman wrote:A backing track on the intro to Underground, and a backing track on the chorus of Twisted which he sings over.
This. He's not lip synching. Big difference.

I barely noticed it.

Sad no matter how you slice it, but it's not Perry on stage pretending to sing.

Larry B.

#20 Post by Larry B. » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 am

No backing track/lip sync during the chorus of Irresistible Force? I find it doubtful.

tcrock

#21 Post by tcrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 am

hokahey wrote:
bman wrote:A backing track on the intro to Underground, and a backing track on the chorus of Twisted which he sings over.
This. He's not lip synching. Big difference.

I barely noticed it.

Sad no matter how you slice it, but it's not Perry on stage pretending to sing.

agreed..... I barely noticed the backing tracks, and I knew what parts there would be tracks on going into the show.

farrellgirl99

#22 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 am

I misspoke - didn't mean to say lip synching. If he wants to use some backing tracks, whatever, it was only a few times.

My favorite vocal performance was on I Would For You. It sounded phenomenal.

blackula

#23 Post by blackula » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:I misspoke - didn't mean to say lip synching. If he wants to use some backing tracks, whatever, it was only a few times.

My favorite vocal performance was on I Would For You. It sounded phenomenal.
I was really trying to listen for the backing tracks. Like Bman said, Underground intro and Twisted Tales chorus. I didn't realize Dave sang the verse's with Perry on Underground. I'm not sure if their was a backing track on the IF chorus or if I was hearing Etty. IF is the only song I noticed her on and could clearly hear her on the last chorus.

I Would for you was pretty great

Perry's kids were at the show, I assumed the kid during Stop was one of his kids, but it was just a random kid

bman

#24 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

I heard Etty on Words too.

bman

#25 Post by bman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egT-6nJTOg

Notice how most of the crowd isn't moving during this song! They didn't know it.