Mar 13 - Atlanta, GA at The Tabernacle

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
thoreau

Mar 13 - Atlanta, GA at The Tabernacle

#1 Post by thoreau » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 am

Any other fellow board members attending?

thoreau

Re: Mar 13 - Atlanta, GA at The Tabernacle

#2 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 pm

In line, big guy in a red plaid shirt. Say hi if you see me.

thoreau

#3 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

The wife and I just got back to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's place. Overall, I thought it was a very good show. Perry was in fine form and sounded very good the entire night.

I'm going to call it a night after the traveling and show, but I'll post more thoughts and photos tomorrow. Here's the setlist:

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Ted, Just Admit It
Twisted Tales
I Would For You
Jane Says
Chip Away
End To The Lies
Three Days
Stop

-Encore-
Words Right Out of My Mouth
Whores

thoreau

#4 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Some photos off my phone:

Ted....

End To Lies....

Whores....

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 pm

http://www.musicnewsnashville.com/janes ... atlanta-ga
Hit rockers Jane’s Addiction made a stop at the Tabernacle in downtown Atlanta, GA., where they performed for a sold-out crowd of enthusiastic fans. Just before the show, Dave Navarro autographed a hand-painted guitar which will be donated to St. Jude Children’s Hospital for charity auction. The guitar was hand-painted by Neal Hamilton, former photographer and artists at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Music News Nashville was on hand to capture the evening in photos.
Photos: http://www.musicnewsnashville.com/archi ... addiction/

thoreau

#6 Post by thoreau » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Better late then never. Sorry folks, life got in the way. That being said, I don't know how much I can add to what has already been said via the previous shows:

- The Tabernacle was absolutely sold out, so the energy and volume played a huge part in how the show went off. The only time the energy wasn't high was during "Twisted Tales" and "Words Right Out...". The crowd was actually very much into "Underground" and "End to the Lies".
- The only song that Perry sounded a bit weak on was "Twisted Tales". I could see Etty with the mic during the chorus, but she was blended into the mix enough that you really didn't notice her.
- Perry and Chris sitting down during "I Would...." was really good. Perry sounded great, and I'm happy I finally got to hear this live.
- The production and theatrics work pretty well with this tour. It didn't come across as cheesy.
- Perry's toning-down of the glittery Vegas-y routine is a big positive. His performance (and the band's) comes across as more sincere than a lounge revue.

bman

#7 Post by bman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 pm

This tour is going REALLY well. I'm very happy for them. and While Dave seems to be a very subdued sober lad these days, Perry really brings the mood every night. Even he said during a recent interview, when the crowd is in to it, he'll sing his ass off. I hope they add a pacific NW leg this summer so I can take a vacation.

chaos

#8 Post by chaos » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 pm