Democratic Presidential Campaign 2020

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
drwintercreeper

Re: Democratic Presidential Campaign 2020

#41 Post by drwintercreeper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 am

“On a policy level, he’s one of the most conservative Democrats in the field. He doesn’t concretely support Medicare for All, except in some “it would be great, eventually!” sense. He voted against free public college. He makes vague noises about liking the Green New Deal without signing on. He gets money from oil and gas executives, and thus he won’t take a hard position against fossil fuels. He folded on the Israel Iron Dome question under the slightest pressure, he voted to let Obama negotiate the Trans-Pacific Partnership (which cost him the AFL-CIO endorsement in his race against Cruz), and the sheer amount of awful Republican bills he’s supported is enough to fill an entire article.”

I am okay with all of this. He stands a decent shot at winning compared to some of the other dems, and he will guide our ship down into the abyss hopefully a little slower than these other clowns. In the long run we are still spending too much money on shit. Bernie and company will drag it down that much faster with 50 trillon dollar wishlists, and we see how serious the repubs are about deficits and the national debt. Maybe i am being too pessimistic but 20 years from now we will still spend too much on domestic programs, and we will still face russia and china etc. as intl rivals and thus spend way too much on preventing revisions to the intl order, so if those things dont change, and we dont change, we are fucked.

Beto!!!!! Impurity 202020

Hype

#42 Post by Hype » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

I think there might be good reasons to vote 'meh' to get rid of Trump. :lol:

mockbee

#43 Post by mockbee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Beto seems fine in his emphatic mealymouthness. It could be a winning strategy if he makes a stand out from the crowd celebrity status of himself and stays confidently vague.
:noclue:

The instant he apologizes for anything though or seems too contrived, he will be finished in the primary (or general if he makes it there)

He should follow Trumps lead in that respect.

He seems too contrived to me already, but I thought that about Obama as well, until he was actually able to pull it out.

guysmiley

#44 Post by guysmiley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm

I just want to kill myself. Welcome to the honest world.

guysmiley

#45 Post by guysmiley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Honestly I think I should invest in bunkers rather than pay for my impossible student debt.

Hype

#46 Post by Hype » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

mockbee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Beto seems fine in his emphatic mealymouthness. It could be a winning strategy if he makes a stand out from the crowd celebrity status of himself and stays confidently vague.

The instant he apologizes for anything though or seems too contrived, he will be finished in the primary (or general if he makes it there)

He seems too contrived to me already, but I thought that about Obama as well, until he was actually able to pull it out.
Yeah. It's a meh from me. That Buttigieg guy is more interesting, but can't win with that name (as stupid as that is...).

The Democrats can secure the popular vote overall easily, but unless they have a workable strategy for handling the flyover / rust-belt shit they're doomed.

guysmiley

#47 Post by guysmiley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Hype wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm
mockbee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Yeah. It's a meh from me. That Buttigieg guy is more interesting, but can't win with that name (as stupid as that is...).

The Democrats can secure the popular vote overall easily, but unless they have a workable strategy for handling the flyover / rust-belt shit they're doomed.
They are doomed. And sharing extreme ideology will fuck us all.

guysmiley

#48 Post by guysmiley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Hype

#49 Post by Hype » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:02 am

guysmiley wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm
And sharing extreme ideology will fuck us all.
Not sure what you mean by this. Explain?