Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
SR

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#761 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 am

He doesn't seize anything; he is gifted it by people who accept lies as truths. But you have the benefit of having read this book; I have not.

mockbee

#762 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am

Who doesn't accept lies to one degree or another as truth?
:hs:

You, we all, have to. How would anybody make it through the day?! :nod:

We are all guilty of this. And it is not our fault.
:noclue:

Yea, its that degree of truth that counts, but who are the elite to say that the truths of the people who are struggling each day are invalid?

And if we go...what about the racists?! That is exactly where Trump wants you to go. Call 50% or more of the American public racists. That is simply not true.

There are racists for sure, but I would put the figure closer to 15% of the American public who are politically dangerous racists. I dont care about them.
Last edited by mockbee on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SR

#763 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 am

You win.

Nothing but necessary truths should be relied upon. I was a born male. That's all I know

:lol:

mockbee

#764 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 am

Hype

#765 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 pm

mockbee wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am
SR wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am
mockbee wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:38 am

I will have to say that Trumps brilliance at media manipulation and persuasion never ceases to amaze me. Truly.

He runs a master class on 21st century persuasion where it counts......

:noclue:
I am on the waiting list for the windmill/cancer cell connection.

WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW :lol:

Don't know if you have seen this, but it's pretty compelling. The cancer shtick is bunk, Trump knows this, but health risks and environmental risks, absolutely! So he gaslights the left. Windfarms should be nowhere near people.... :noclue:

Roger Ebert gave the film 3 out of 4 stars, writing that the film "left me disheartened. I thought wind energy was something I could believe in. This film suggests it's just another corporate flim-flam game." He notes that there is doubtless a legion of wind-power activists and lobbyists who would counter-argue the points made in Windfall, but asks "How many of them live on wind farms?"[1]
Yeah, so... this is almost entirely BS. There were over 80 windmills on a small island just across from where I used to live. I've been up close around them. They're fine. I know farmers who are going solar, first though, because it's easy for a family to install panels. Much harder to install a personal wind-turbine.

Artemis

#766 Post by Artemis » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 am

Artemis

#767 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm

mockbee

#768 Post by mockbee » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I think Taibbi hits it out of the park.... :nod: :sad:

If you're wondering if Taibbi is a Trump apologist, I'd encourage you to go ahead and read any one of his other articles in the last 20 years.
:bigrin:

We're in a permanent coup
Americans might soon wish they just waited to vote their way out of the Trump era

I’ve lived through a few coups. They’re insane, random, and terrifying, like watching sports, except your political future depends on the score.

The kickoff begins when a key official decides to buck the executive. From that moment, government becomes a high-speed head-counting exercise. Who’s got the power plant, the airport, the police in the capital? How many department chiefs are answering their phones? Who’s writing tonight’s newscast?

When the KGB in 1991 tried to reassume control of the crumbling Soviet Union by placing Mikhail Gorbachev under arrest and attempting to seize Moscow, logistics ruled. Boris Yeltsin’s crew drove to the Russian White House in ordinary cars, beating KGB coup plotters who were trying to reach the seat of Russian government in armored vehicles. A key moment came when one of Yeltsin’s men, Alexander Rutskoi – who two years later would himself lead a coup against Yeltsin – prevailed upon a Major in a tank unit to defy KGB orders and turn on the “criminals.”

We have long been spared this madness in America. Our head-counting ceremony was Election Day. We did it once every four years.

That’s all over, in the Trump era...................

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/were-in-a-permanent-coup