Ted Nugent Really Hates The Obama Administration

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Ted Nugent Really Hates The Obama Administration

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secr ... 42639.html
The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a violent rant by "Catch Scratch Fever" rocker Ted Nugent in which he denounced President Barack Obama and his top advisers as "evil" and urged National Rifle Association members to help "chop their heads off in November."

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

Nugent, speaking at the organization's annual gathering over the weekend, praised NRA members but warned that if they did not "get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."

"If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him," he said.He also denounced the administration as "criminals" and said a Democratic victory in November would mean "we'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year" — an apparent reference to Obama's boyhood time there.

Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told Yahoo News: "We are aware of the incident and we are conducting appropriate follow-up."

And a spokeswoman for Mitt Romney, whom Nugent has endorsed, distanced the campaign from his remarks.
"Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil," Andrea Saul said by email.

Hype

Re: Ted Nugent Really Hates The Obama Administration

#2 Post by Hype » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Fuck that guy in his face.

clickie

#3 Post by clickie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

I still appreciate him though when he gets on stage and plays those monster riffs :lol:

Mescal

#4 Post by Mescal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 pm

He only has one.

Got me stuck in a stranglehold babyyyyyyyyyy

dali

#5 Post by dali » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Fuck that guy in his face.

You know, I'm not sure why you feel qualified to post on Americans matters. You don't live here, Obama's not your President and you have no idea that america is filled with people like Ted Nugent.

You're not an "arm-chair" quarterback, you're an "academia" quarterback which is even worse.

Maybe if you got out of those ivory towers and had to earn a living in America you'd know what people like Ted are talking about.

BTW, I DO NOT agree with ANYTHING that Ted said in this rant, my point is YOUR lack of understanding of the issues.

I don't talk about Canada, you don't talk about America, k.

Jasper

#6 Post by Jasper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am

dali wrote:

You know, I'm not sure why you feel qualified to post on Americans matters. You don't live here, Obama's not your President and you have no idea that america is filled with people like Ted Nugent.

You're not an "arm-chair" quarterback, you're an "academia" quarterback which is even worse.

Maybe if you got out of those ivory towers and had to earn a living in America you'd know what people like Ted are talking about.

BTW, I DO NOT agree with ANYTHING that Ted said in this rant, my point is YOUR lack of understanding of the issues.

Hype may say some silly or inflammatory things about the U.S. from time to time, but I don't know why he shouldn't tell Ted Nugent to fuck off. Ted Nugent is a dick. There's absolutely nothing to stop Hype from learning about world events, and it's idiotic that anyone should limit his/her own learning to his/her land of origin. Where the hell would we get diplomats, historians, military strategists, doctors without borders, and so on? I read things about Canada from time to time, and some pretty stupid shit happens up there too. I've been seeing a lot of fucked up things about wrangling over copyright legislation. I feel qualified to talk about the snide, superior attitude that many Canadians hold, because I've experienced it first hand so many times, and read it on the internet and in print. So I feel just dandy commenting on it, just like Hype feels dandy commenting on some stupid misogynistic redneck asshole like Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent puts himself out there in the media for the world to see. The U.S. is the leader in feeding media to the world, good and bad. The U.S. is also a country that holds great power in the world, and as such it is in everyone's best interest to stay informed about the goings on here, and whatever dealings we happen to be involved with in other lands, which are quite a few. We share a massive border with Canada and U.S. politics directly affects our neighbors. Yes, there's the odd time I'd like to deliver a punishing blow to Hype's solar plexis, but your logic here is flawed.

Larry B.

#7 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 am

Four words for ya:

DAY
TOOK
'ER
JERBS

Hype

#8 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:38 am

Jasper wrote:
dali wrote:

Hype may say some silly or inflammatory things about the U.S. from time to time, but I don't know why he shouldn't tell Ted Nugent to fuck off. Ted Nugent is a dick. There's absolutely nothing to stop Hype from learning about world events, and it's idiotic that anyone should limit his/her own learning to his/her land of origin. Where the hell would we get diplomats, historians, military strategists, doctors without borders, and so on? I read things about Canada from time to time, and some pretty stupid shit happens up there too. I've been seeing a lot of fucked up things about wrangling over copyright legislation. I feel qualified to talk about the snide, superior attitude that many Canadians hold, because I've experienced it first hand so many times, and read it on the internet and in print. So I feel just dandy commenting on it, just like Hype feels dandy commenting on some stupid misogynistic redneck asshole like Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent puts himself out there in the media for the world to see. The U.S. is the leader in feeding media to the world, good and bad. The U.S. is also a country that holds great power in the world, and as such it is in everyone's best interest to stay informed about the goings on here, and whatever dealings we happen to be involved with in other lands, which are quite a few. We share a massive border with Canada and U.S. politics directly affects our neighbors. Yes, there's the odd time I'd like to deliver a punishing blow to Hype's solar plexis, but your logic here is flawed.
Dali thinks if you don't live somewhere you somehow can't understand it. That's not merely flawed logic... it's painfully stupid. He may also think if you live somewhere you do understand it, which is even worse, but I don't think he's ever said that.

My comments about the NUGE are strictly based on morally disgusting things he has said. The media only mentions it because he had that song 35 years ago. Fuck him.

dali

#9 Post by dali » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote: My comments about the NUGE are strictly based on morally disgusting things he has said. The media only mentions it because he had that song 35 years ago. Fuck him.
To give him credit he has done other things, radio, tv shows, etc.

But here is my thing with Ted and it directly relates to my thing with you Hype.

I don't know the exact quote (I'm sure you'll find it for me lol) but the saying is "I may not agree with what he says but I'll defend to the death his right to say it"

That my friend is America in a nutshell.

I actually don't agree with anything Ted says and I think some of the things he thinks, like hunting ANYTHING that has a pulse is reprehensible BUT I will defend to my death HIS right to say it.

It is kinda silly though that you think you can understand the nuaunces of portions of america. If you did you'd understand why people believe the way they do but the thing is you can never understand unless you have been there, or hell, even at least visited those particular portions.

sinep

#10 Post by sinep » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:05 am

i wonder if ted nugent knows how much anti-gun legislation obama has approved since he has been in office.

which is none. obama has signed a law allowing you to carry weapons in state parks and a law allowing you to carry weapons on amtrak trains. (i think)

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 am

so if i have this right dali is defending ted's freedom of speech but then he tells hype he has no right to comment on this?

sinep

#12 Post by sinep » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 am

creep wrote:so if i have this right dali is defending ted's freedom of speech but then he tells hype he has no right to comment on this?
dali is a dumbass. i usually skip his posts.

LJF

#13 Post by LJF » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:23 am

The secret service is only looking into Ted because they heard he has a list of good hookers.

Larry B.

#14 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 am

dali wrote: I don't know the exact quote (I'm sure you'll find it for me lol) but the saying is "I may not agree with what he says but I'll defend to the death his right to say it"

That my friend is America in a nutshell.
btw, as a side note... that quote is one of the stupidest things mankind has ever come up with. It is a simplistic and stupid pseudo-definition of freedom of speech.

mockbee

#15 Post by mockbee » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 am

dali has tremendously flawed logic, but I kinda hopes he sticks around. I think he does represent how a large portion of America, specifically the middle, thinks and it would be curious to know how a reasoned approach can modify or strengthen their view into an actual argument based on reason, or if there even is one in there somewhere...... I am very curious.

I think the fate of the nation relies on that resolute understanding. :idea:

LJF

#16 Post by LJF » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:31 am

There is a right to freedom of speech and Ted shouldn't get into trouble, legally, for what he said. He did cross the line a bit with some of what he said, but that is Ted for you. He is right that if you don't like the Pres & his policies then get there and vote. To me there is nothing worse then people that complain about the pres or any other politician, but don't vote. Ted just has a very colorful way of expressing himself.

Isn't the saying there's no such thing as bad press.

Larry B.

#17 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 am

LJF wrote:There is a right to freedom of speech and Ted shouldn't get into trouble, legally, for what he said. He did cross the line a bit with some of what he said, but that is Ted for you. He is right that if you don't like the Pres & his policies then get there and vote. To me there is nothing worse then people that complain about the pres or any other politician, but don't vote. Ted just has a very colorful way of expressing himself.

Freedom of speech is one thing and legal and personal responsibility is another. I can say "fuck the Jews!", "God hates fags!" or "all young black males are suspicious" as often and as loudly as I want (as allowed by the oh-so-sacred freedom of speech), but if I get banned from a website, if I get my ass kicked, if society isolates me or if I get prison time for my bigotry, I have it well deserved. I think in a society there must be some boundaries and personal responsibility MUST be enforced. You want to create a club named "the club of let's all get together and kill as many falafel cart owners as we can"? Please, be my guest. You have the right to do it. You also have the right to a lawyer. And the right to get fucked in the ass in jail.

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 am

I realize TN was speaking metaphorically, but he comes very close to crossing the line. He can't control the actions of the wack-a-doos that take him literally, and can easily say (with a wink and a nod) that he didn't tell anyone to do anything. I think the Secret Service is intervening NOW to prevent his actually crossing the line given the tensions already present. TN can have his free speech, but there is nothing wrong with reminding him that free speech isn't absolute speech. You can't incite a riot or call for violence against anyone, especially the President.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#19 Post by Hokahey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am

creep wrote:so if i have this right dali is defending ted's freedom of speech but then he tells hype he has no right to comment on this?
Right. And apparently Dali will kill anyone that tells people not to tell people to kill people...or something, nut understanding that threatening violence isn't protected speech.

LJF

#20 Post by LJF » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 am

Larry B. wrote:
LJF wrote:There is a right to freedom of speech and Ted shouldn't get into trouble, legally, for what he said. He did cross the line a bit with some of what he said, but that is Ted for you. He is right that if you don't like the Pres & his policies then get there and vote. To me there is nothing worse then people that complain about the pres or any other politician, but don't vote. Ted just has a very colorful way of expressing himself.

Freedom of speech is one thing and legal and personal responsibility is another. I can say "fuck the Jews!", "God hates fags!" or "all young black males are suspicious" as often and as loudly as I want (as allowed by the oh-so-sacred freedom of speech), but if I get banned from a website, if I get my ass kicked, if society isolates me or if I get prison time for my bigotry, I have it well deserved. I think in a society there must be some boundaries and personal responsibility MUST be enforced. You want to create a club named "the club of let's all get together and kill as many falafel cart owners as we can"? Please, be my guest. You have the right to do it. You also have the right to a lawyer. And the right to get fucked in the ass in jail.
You can't jail people for what they believe. If they take those beliefs and do illegal things then yes they can/should go to jail. You have the freedom to believe whatever you want. I do think that the hypothetical group you talk about seems a little over the line, seeing that the point is to kill people.

Hype

#21 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 am

Dali sometimes says some interesting/true things, but he's got a way of putting too many ideas together at once (and often these other ideas are nonsense, so it messes up the good points...)

Larry has misunderstood freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't 'allow' hate speech. Hate speech isn't protected in the same way that slanderous speech isn't protected. You can say things that sound like hate speech or slander in non-truth-functional contexts. That's why South Park can say what they say about all kinds of things (and have Cartman be a raging anti-semite). But those same things said in earnest by, say, politicians, are not technically protected. In practice, it's hard to determine what exactly qualifies as hate speech, even though we all know it when we see it.

Larry B.

#22 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

LJF wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

You can't jail people for what they believe. If they take those beliefs and do illegal things then yes they can/should go to jail. You have the freedom to believe whatever you want. I do think that the hypothetical group you talk about seems a little over the line, seeing that the point is to kill people.
Right, you can't jail people for what they believe. If a guy doesn't like lesbians, no problem. If a guy writes a book on why lesbians should be raped and murdered, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it (is it socially acceptable?). If a guy is standing in your street corner screaming 'I PAY 50 GRANDS TO ANYONE WHO BRINGS ME A DEAD LESBIAN', I want the guy to have 8 simultaneous and painful strokes or to be taken away by the police.

Most threats are illegal and racial and sexual discrimination are sanctioned by law (to certain extent)... so if a guy on the radio encourages other to kill the president, I don't know how that cannot be considered a threat, as it compromises the safety or integrity of the subject.

Larry B.

#23 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote: Larry has misunderstood freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't 'allow' hate speech. Hate speech isn't protected in the same way that slanderous speech isn't protected. You can say things that sound like hate speech or slander in non-truth-functional contexts. That's why South Park can say what they say about all kinds of things (and have Cartman be a raging anti-semite). But those same things said in earnest by, say, politicians, are not technically protected. In practice, it's hard to determine what exactly qualifies as hate speech, even though we all know it when we see it.
I completely understand your very accurate definition of characteristic of freedom of speech and I did know it. It is probably one of my most frequent discussion topic with a couple of people, the whole "freedom of speech and hate speech" thingy. So, I think I'm not the one misunderstanding freedom of speech. That's precisely my point. I always hear people from the US talking about this bullshit concept of freedom of speech that allows a high priest to publicly say that gay people are condemned to hell, that they're following Satan's dirt road or whatever, and I strongly dislike it. Most of them hide their acceptance of certain types of hate speech behind this bullshit freedom of speech concept. It's just America in a nutshell, really.

LJF

#24 Post by LJF » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:30 am

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote: Larry has misunderstood freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't 'allow' hate speech. Hate speech isn't protected in the same way that slanderous speech isn't protected. You can say things that sound like hate speech or slander in non-truth-functional contexts. That's why South Park can say what they say about all kinds of things (and have Cartman be a raging anti-semite). But those same things said in earnest by, say, politicians, are not technically protected. In practice, it's hard to determine what exactly qualifies as hate speech, even though we all know it when we see it.
I completely understand your very accurate definition of characteristic of freedom of speech and I did know it. It is probably one of my most frequent discussion topic with a couple of people, the whole "freedom of speech and hate speech" thingy. So, I think I'm not the one misunderstanding freedom of speech. That's precisely my point. I always hear people from the US talking about this bullshit concept of freedom of speech that allows a high priest to publicly say that gay people are condemned to hell, that they're following Satan's dirt road or whatever, and I strongly dislike it. Most of them hide their acceptance of certain types of hate speech behind this bullshit freedom of speech concept. It's just America in a nutshell, really.
Interesting that you think certain small fringe groups represent what America is really about. I think that view is misguided. I actually take great offense to that statement. There are small fringe groups on both the left and the right, they seem to get a lot of air play, but they don't represent the majority of people. It is always interesting to me to see what people from other countries thoughts and views on America are. In your example the priest has the right to say those things. You may not like what they say, but that doesn't mean they can't say it. What they can't say is let's go out into the streets and kill them.