2016 obama's america

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
guysmiley

2016 obama's america

#1 Post by guysmiley » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 am

:hs: Apparently I'm out of the loop on what the hell is going on back home. I woke up today to see all my gun nut/ right wing/ GOP friends gushing about this movie. One "friend" offered to pay for anyone to go see it. I watched the trailer and all I kept thinking was, "Obama's America isn't your America if you're white and scared of dark skinned people or scared change in anyway." I wish most of white America would just be blunt and truly let their inner bigot out so we can all stop beating around the bush and get down to real debates. I heard a few other quotes about how Obama wants to turn America into Communist Russia by 2016. Fucking ridiculous. :banghead: :crazy:

Anyways, thoughts? Has anyone seen it? I wouldn't support it financially personally, but don't let my opinion change anyone's mind.

Oh, and I'm really thinking about taking a god damn facebook break until this damn election is over. People are making fools of themselves on it.

Pure Method

Re: 2016 obama's america

#2 Post by Pure Method » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 am

guysmiley wrote:
Oh, and I'm really thinking about taking a god damn facebook break until this damn election is over. People are making fools of themselves on it.

quoted for wisdom

LJF

#3 Post by LJF » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 am

guysmiley wrote::hs: Apparently I'm out of the loop on what the hell is going on back home. I woke up today to see all my gun nut/ right wing/ GOP friends gushing about this movie. One "friend" offered to pay for anyone to go see it. I watched the trailer and all I kept thinking was, "Obama's America isn't your America if you're white and scared of dark skinned people or scared change in anyway." I wish most of white America would just be blunt and truly let their inner bigot out so we can all stop beating around the bush and get down to real debates. I heard a few other quotes about how Obama wants to turn America into Communist Russia by 2016. Fucking ridiculous. :banghead: :crazy:

Anyways, thoughts? Has anyone seen it? I wouldn't support it financially personally, but don't let my opinion change anyone's mind.

I haven't seen it, but I'm thinking of going. Do you think that everyone that doesn't agree with Obama is a racist? Also you do know the director, Dinesh D'Souza, isn't white.

guysmiley

#4 Post by guysmiley » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 am

LJF wrote:
guysmiley wrote::hs: Apparently I'm out of the loop on what the hell is going on back home. I woke up today to see all my gun nut/ right wing/ GOP friends gushing about this movie. One "friend" offered to pay for anyone to go see it. I watched the trailer and all I kept thinking was, "Obama's America isn't your America if you're white and scared of dark skinned people or scared change in anyway." I wish most of white America would just be blunt and truly let their inner bigot out so we can all stop beating around the bush and get down to real debates. I heard a few other quotes about how Obama wants to turn America into Communist Russia by 2016. Fucking ridiculous. :banghead: :crazy:

I haven't seen it, but I'm thinking of going. Do you think that everyone that doesn't agree with Obama is a racist? Also you do know the director, Dinesh D'Souza, isn't white.
Of course not. What I meant is that there has always been a fear in the US of not whites or foreigners. That fear is what drives a lot of decisions in our history and even still. I just think, the angle Dinesh is taking is retarded. I don't no why working together to solve problems and making our country better for everyone has become such a bad thing in recent years? We use to work together. "We the people" remember? I feel like America has a real bad attitude, which is, ME, ME, ME.

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 am

guysmiley wrote:What I meant is that there has always been a fear in the US of not whites or foreigners. That fear is what drives a lot of decisions in our history and even still
:nod:

LJF

#6 Post by LJF » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

guysmiley wrote:
LJF wrote:

Of course not. What I meant is that there has always been a fear in the US of not whites or foreigners. That fear is what drives a lot of decisions in our history and even still. I just think, the angle Dinesh is taking is retarded. I don't no why working together to solve problems and making our country better for everyone has become such a bad thing in recent years? We use to work together. "We the people" remember? I feel like America has a real bad attitude, which is, ME, ME, ME.
I didn't think that was what you meant, but I just wanted to make sure.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#7 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 am

I'm so burnt out on politics. It's such a sport for people. Rooting for their favorite teams, and nothing really changes, because the big 2 aren't all that different when it comes to actual policy. Like Michael Moore's films, I'm sure this one completely distorts facts and flat out makes shit up. It's a propaganda film.

guysmiley

#8 Post by guysmiley » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

hokahey wrote:I'm so burnt out on politics. It's such a sport for people. Rooting for their favorite teams, and nothing really changes, because the big 2 aren't all that different when it comes to actual policy. Like Michael Moore's films, I'm sure this one completely distorts facts and flat out makes shit up. It's a propaganda film.
Rarely agree with you, politically, but I totally agree. This is the best thing you've said in recent memory.

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Dinesh D'Souza IS retarded. Always has been. Look him up. :nod: