Pepper Cop

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Hype

Re: Pepper Cop

#26 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 am

Pure Method wrote:I get your point but I don't think horticulture is not really bro-y. he's more a nerd. :lol:
I know so many nerds like that... :no:

Essence_Smith

#27 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:56 am

SR wrote:That's nothing. For entertainment the likes of you would be the object of public vivisections in shakes day. Take your pepper spray and like it. :thumb:
:lol:
Don't get me wrong, being sprayed or tear gassed (as I have been) REALLY sucks...but I like to keep things in perspective and play devil's advocate as much as the next guy... :wink:

Bandit72

#28 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
you can easily distinguish taste v heat with hot peppers.
Not in the million+ Scoville range.

Errr, ok then..... :conf:

Order some, try for yourself

http://www.hot-headz.com/chilli-sauce/

Plenty of 1mil + scoville sauces on here which taste completely different to one other.

Hype

#29 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Plenty of 1mil + scoville sauces on here which taste completely different to one other.
That's sauce... :confused:

Bandit72

#30 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Irrelevant though when it comes to scoville rating? :noclue: The hot sauces are pretty much all pepper.

Hype

#31 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:23 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Irrelevant though when it comes to scoville rating? :noclue: The hot sauces are pretty much all pepper.
Vinegar, sugar, various other things. Try just slicing a tiny bit of pepper and eating it. I can tell you that I've done this with habanero and scotch bonnet, and there is a slight difference, but it's mostly texture. Of course, the differences there will make a difference to how much heat and flavour are released when you cook with them (as will how you cut them, etc.) But I suspect the differences in taste with those hot sauces are not due to the peppers themselves. You could be right though. In a way it doesn't matter, since it should just be about what you like. And we both like hot peppers. :rockon:

Bandit72

#32 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 am

:rockon:

I am classed as a freak over here as I will have chilli on most things I eat given the chance.

Hype

#33 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:32 am

Bandit72 wrote::rockon:

I am classed as a freak over here as I will have chilli on most things I eat given the chance.
You'd like Kingston (my current town), ON, Canada... There are something like 15 Cambodian (+Thai) restaurants, which is really odd, because the town is something like 96% white (and there are only 125,000 people, or so). The story is one guy came from Cambodia and started a store, then sold it and started another, and then more Cambodians started coming over and taking over old stores or starting competing ones. Anyway, the food is great and can be made as spicy as you want. :rockon: Strangely, there are only two Indian restaurants here -- the Cambodians seem to have a monopoly on spice-taste-buds. :confused: :lol:

Romeo

#34 Post by Romeo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Romeo wrote:someone I know is going through federal law enforcement training and he had to be peppered sprayed (and tasered & attacked by a dog) He said that pepper spray is not very effective to people who eat a lot of very spicy food. Apparently you build a tolerance :noclue:
That's nonsense. Pepper Spray is 1.5-2 million Scoville units. Most hot peppers most people who think they're "manly" for eating are below 350,000 Scovilles. Plus, you don't eat peppers with your eyes. :eyes:

Here's a police pamphlet thing on MACE/Pepper spray (which are different things):

http://police.csusb.edu/Crime%20Prevention/MACE.pdf
Misuse of Tear Gas [they mean mace or pepper spray]
Use of tear gas or a tear gas weapon, EXCEPT in self-defense, can be a felony. (California Penal Code Section
12403.7 (a) (8)) The local District Attorney has the discretion to file misdemeanor or felony charges. Use of tear gas against a peace officer engaged in official duties is a felony.
The following are possible sanctions for misuse:
• Up to three years in state prison; or
• Up to one year in county jail; or
• Fine up to $1,000; or
• Both fine and imprisonment.
That cop clearly misused it and should be penalized (if he wasn't already). :nod:
no one hardly uses "mase" anymore. It's all chemical. Mase or tear gas is only used in crowd control. Not in a one on one.
mase is not "pepper spray"
Pepper spray comes from capsaicin, which comes from Chili's. Which is why you should always wear gloves when handling very hot chili's and never ever ever touch your face.

so if you consume a lot of foods containing chili peppers....

But it's cool. I'm sure the instructors at Federal Law Enforcement training camp will find your "that's nonsense" useful

Hype

#35 Post by Hype » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Romeo wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Romeo wrote:someone I know is going through federal law enforcement training and he had to be peppered sprayed (and tasered & attacked by a dog) He said that pepper spray is not very effective to people who eat a lot of very spicy food. Apparently you build a tolerance :noclue:
That's nonsense. Pepper Spray is 1.5-2 million Scoville units. Most hot peppers most people who think they're "manly" for eating are below 350,000 Scovilles. Plus, you don't eat peppers with your eyes. :eyes:

Here's a police pamphlet thing on MACE/Pepper spray (which are different things):

http://police.csusb.edu/Crime%20Prevention/MACE.pdf
Misuse of Tear Gas [they mean mace or pepper spray]
Use of tear gas or a tear gas weapon, EXCEPT in self-defense, can be a felony. (California Penal Code Section
12403.7 (a) (8)) The local District Attorney has the discretion to file misdemeanor or felony charges. Use of tear gas against a peace officer engaged in official duties is a felony.
The following are possible sanctions for misuse:
• Up to three years in state prison; or
• Up to one year in county jail; or
• Fine up to $1,000; or
• Both fine and imprisonment.
That cop clearly misused it and should be penalized (if he wasn't already). :nod:
no one hardly uses "mase" anymore. It's all chemical. Mase or tear gas is only used in crowd control. Not in a one on one.
mase is not "pepper spray"
Pepper spray comes from capsaicin, which comes from Chili's. Which is why you should always wear gloves when handling very hot chili's and never ever ever touch your face.

so if you consume a lot of foods containing chili peppers....

But it's cool. I'm sure the instructors at Federal Law Enforcement training camp will find your "that's nonsense" useful
So like... you didn't read that link... I guess... because you're correcting things that I didn't say, and that were corrected by that article. Anyway, no... it doesn't follow that if you consume lots of peppers you'll magically withstand pepper spray. There's no causal connection.

Romeo

#36 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 am

again, I will send you "article" to the Federal Law Enforcement training camp. I am sure they'll appreciate it.

ANYHOO....

Hype

#37 Post by Hype » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

:lol: It's just silly. By this logic, you could eat a lot of pickled foods and vinegar and be protected from acid. :neutral:

Pandemonium

#38 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Ya haven't lived until a cop has a least swung and missed at you with a baton...
The cop that swung at me didn't miss....

Huntington Beach 1986, end of Summer my friend and I were at what turned out to be the OP Surf riot at the HB Pier. Long story short, we got separated trying to get to my car as things got really nasty and I wound up ducking into one of the bars facing PCH waiting for things to settle down. When I saw what I thought was a good opportunity to leave, that happened to be right when riot police started rushing the crowds on PCH and one cop pretty much took a running swing with his baton and tagged me on my back knocking me down and moved on to another poor shmuck who tripped and fell and just wailed on the guy like he was knocking the dust off a dirty blanket. I got my picture in the OC Register watching some idiots jumping on a burning cop car. That was also the same day a jetliner hit a small plane in nearby Cerritos. Crazy day.

mockbee

#39 Post by mockbee » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Pandemonium wrote:.......... knocking me down and moved on to another poor shmuck who tripped and fell and just wailed on the guy like he was knocking the dust off a dirty blanket. I got my picture in the OC Register watching some idiots jumping on a burning cop car. That was also the same day a jetliner hit a small plane in nearby Cerritos. Crazy day.
Sounds typical for your experiences in LA/OC..... :noclue: :lol: