More minority babies than whites in U.S.: Census Bureau

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
dali

Re: More minority babies than whites in U.S.: Census Bureau

#26 Post by dali » Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 am

Romeo wrote:let's also remember these "lazy Mexicans" mow your lawn, watch your brats, clean your houses, cook your meals, wash your disgusting dishes in your fancy ass $50 a steak restaurants, wash & detail your foreign made car and pick your precious organic vegetables for very low pay.
You know all the things real Americans are too good to do for themselves. And for some reason you think these glamorous jobs are being taken away from real Americans.

And they do all that for the luxury of sharing a 2 bedroom apt with 10 other people because these lazy non-tax payers have the gall to not being about to afford $1100 a month rent making $8.00 an hour....

So that gives them a pass to not have to act like other Americans?

Wow, I didn't realize they were such a privileged group that they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

Essence_Smith

#27 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon May 21, 2012 8:54 am

Ya know just to chime in here, lest we all forget basically EVERY "ethnic" group or immigrant group that ever came here at one point or another came in with the people who were already here being prejudiced towards that "new" group of immigrants...at one point italians and irish were new here and were looked at negatively, they were taking people's jobs, they were criminals, etc etc etc...so while I find it completely unacceptable its part of how things are here and everywhere to some extent...

That being said this is a dumb ass thread...spanish speakers may one day outnumber people who speak english here and who cares...I don't know what a "minority" is and don't care...and dali without knowing the specifics of your situation I'm pretty sure if a white guy did the same thing you claim a mexican guy did that caused you to lose your job, ya probably would have still lost it...

blackcoffee

#28 Post by blackcoffee » Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Ya know just to chime in here, lest we all forget basically EVERY "ethnic" group or immigrant group that ever came here at one point or another came in with the people who were already here being prejudiced towards that "new" group of immigrants...at one point italians and irish were new here and were looked at negatively, they were taking people's jobs, they were criminals, etc etc etc...so while I find it completely unacceptable its part of how things are here and everywhere to some extent...

That being said this is a dumb ass thread...spanish speakers may one day outnumber people who speak english here and who cares...I don't know what a "minority" is and don't care...and dali without knowing the specifics of your situation I'm pretty sure if a white guy did the same thing you claim a mexican guy did that caused you to lose your job, ya probably would have still lost it...
I was thinking the same thing. Anytime an immigrant group arrives it's the same: German, Irish, etc.

I'm an immigrant. Lost my accent very young because I didn't want to be teased by the kids at school for sounding different. What's funny is that it is only ever other immigrants--immigrant cab drivers, for example who can pick up on the fact that I might not be American.

What does an American act or look like?

Romeo

#29 Post by Romeo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am

blackcoffee wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Ya know just to chime in here, lest we all forget basically EVERY "ethnic" group or immigrant group that ever came here at one point or another came in with the people who were already here being prejudiced towards that "new" group of immigrants...at one point italians and irish were new here and were looked at negatively, they were taking people's jobs, they were criminals, etc etc etc...so while I find it completely unacceptable its part of how things are here and everywhere to some extent...

I was thinking the same thing. Anytime an immigrant group arrives it's the same: German, Irish, etc.

I'm an immigrant. Lost my accent very young because I didn't want to be teased by the kids at school for sounding different. What's funny is that it is only ever other immigrants--immigrant cab drivers, for example who can pick up on the fact that I might not be American.

What does an American act or look like?
If you go by Dali....Aryan

Romeo

#30 Post by Romeo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:42 am

dali wrote:
Romeo wrote:let's also remember these "lazy Mexicans" mow your lawn, watch your brats, clean your houses, cook your meals, wash your disgusting dishes in your fancy ass $50 a steak restaurants, wash & detail your foreign made car and pick your precious organic vegetables for very low pay.
You know all the things real Americans are too good to do for themselves. And for some reason you think these glamorous jobs are being taken away from real Americans.

And they do all that for the luxury of sharing a 2 bedroom apt with 10 other people because these lazy non-tax payers have the gall to not being about to afford $1100 a month rent making $8.00 an hour....

So that gives them a pass to not have to act like other Americans?

Wow, I didn't realize they were such a privileged group that they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.
who are these "other" Americans?
What same rules?

WTF are you talking about?

:crazy:

Hype

#31 Post by Hype » Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 am

I just honestly can't tell whether Dali is ironically trolling, or unwittingly trolling and totally earnest... The latter seems more and more likely.

I work on philosophy of emotions sometimes (in relation to my work on causal explanations) and there's something to be said about the fact that Dali seems to see the world a certain way, and can't be made to see it differently unless we could change some feature of it for him... it could be his emotional reaction to certain events, or it could be the association of negative outcomes with entire races or sorts of people, but it takes a lot of work to sort out the mess of beliefs and feelings a particular person in Dali's position actually has.

E.g.,
Spinoza wrote:XLVI. If a man has been affected pleasurably or painfully by anyone, of a class or nation different from his own, and if the pleasure or pain has been accompanied by the idea of the said stranger as cause, under the general category of the class or nation: the man will feel love or hatred, not only to the individual stranger, but also to the whole class or nation whereto he belongs.

>>>>>Proof—This is evident from III. xvi.
^ The proof:
Spinoza wrote:XVI. Simply from the fact that we conceive, that a given object has some point of resemblance with another object which is wont to affect the mind pleasurably or painfully, although the point of resemblance be not the efficient cause of the said emotions, we shall still regard the first-named object with love or hate.

>>>>>Proof—The point of resemblance was in the object (by hypothesis), when we regarded it with pleasure or pain, thus (III. xiv.), when the mind is affected by the image thereof, it will straightway be affected by one or the other emotion, and consequently the thing, which we perceive to have the same point of resemblance, will be accidentally (III. xv.) a cause of pleasure or pain. Thus (by the foregoing Corollary), although the point in which the two objects resemble one another be not the efficient cause of the emotion, we shall still regard the first-named object with love or hate. Q.E.D.
The problem for someone like Dali is that he has associated pain with a feature of an entire set of humans that is not in any way causally implicated in the production of the pain he actually experienced.

Frustration is like this. Some people get so frustrated with their computers or other gadgets that they scream at them or throw/break them, in spite of the fact that the source of the problem wasn't the gadget but the person failing to understand the situation in the first place. I believe Dali's experience of the world is just that.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#32 Post by Hokahey » Mon May 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Okie doke Dali is banned.

creep
Site Admin

#33 Post by creep » Mon May 21, 2012 3:26 pm

hokahey wrote:Okie doke Dali is banned.
:lolol: good call. the guy has serious issues.

kv

#34 Post by kv » Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm

:thumb:

Larry B.

#35 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 pm

hokahey wrote:Okie doke Dali is banned.
10 bucks say Hoka banned him because he was more annoyed by Hype's replies than by Dali's posts.

kv

#36 Post by kv » Mon May 21, 2012 4:00 pm

you are next larry shut up :lolol:

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 21, 2012 4:02 pm

kv wrote:you are next larry shut up :lolol:
NFL lover.

kv

#38 Post by kv » Mon May 21, 2012 4:04 pm

thats ok you are a hitler lover :bigrin:

Xizen47

#39 Post by Xizen47 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 pm

was Dali Skorb?

kv

#40 Post by kv » Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 pm

no...not at all

mockbee

#41 Post by mockbee » Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Skorb could believe the stuff Dali posted but he was a stand up guy and wouldn't post that shit that way.

We all believe something stupid....... you just have to realize it and approach it in a mature manner.

Oh, and I might add, Skorb never struck me as "racist" just had an objectionable opinion regarding illegal immigrants. But, I'm not here to argue those points........

Xizen47

#42 Post by Xizen47 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, never knew Skorb to be the type to spew that type of hate.

I spent a couple years away from the forums,,, and for a second thought Skorb may have turned into a bitter old man :lol:

Essence_Smith

#43 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 am

Skorb was ok in my book, a bright enough guy...but he started WAY too many threads about illegal immigration...I mean ok I get it after three or four threads...ya don't like people entering the country illegally... :lol:

As for dali, I hope things get better for him...the only thing I give him is that he seemed to at be aware on some level that his way of thinking wasn't right...but when ya know ya got a problem, if you have some sense you try and correct it...

perkana

#44 Post by perkana » Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm

good riddance, I never complain, but thanks for banning him.