Ann Coulter on The View

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Ann Coulter on The View

#1 Post by Artemis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

The video is in the link...don't know how to copy it here.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ann-coulter- ... s-bleeped/

Ann Coulter Gets Into Heated Battle On The View, Whoopi Goldberg Gets Bleeped

Thursday morning appearance on The View was as uncomfortably tense as one likely would expect. While discussing her new book Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama, Coulter got into a heated tiff with all of the co-hosts (except conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck), with Whoopi Goldberg taking the most offense, demanding that the conservative columnist explain how much she actually knows “about being black.”

As Coulter began to describe her thesis that “race-mongering has been very bad for America” and white “liberals use it to promote causes that have nothing to do with blacks and, in fact, harm blacks,” Goldberg interrupted her:

GOLDBERG: “Please stop, please stop. If you’re going to talk about race, at least know what you’re talking about.
COULTER: I write about the things I know.
GOLDBERG: Tell me how much you know about being black.
COULTER: This isn’t about being black.
GOLDBERG: You just made all these statements about how black people feel.
COULTER: No, I didn’t.
GOLDBERG: Yeah, you did.
COULTER: This isn’t a book about black people. It’s a book about white liberals.
Goldberg wasn’t buying it, however, and said that “your facts are a little shaky” before expressing that she doesn’t understand exactly what Coulter’s point was.

The conservative author obliged and explained that, for instance, “I don’t think liberals ever cared about black people. Five minutes after the Civil Rights Act of ’64 passed, they start calling everything that has nothing to do with black people a ‘civil rights issue.’”

This remark, of course, set off another round of chaos with all five co-hosts talking over one another. At one point, ABC bleeped out Goldberg as she seemed to call Coulter’s entire thesis “bullshit” on the air.

Watch the… chaotic… segment below, via ABC:

SR

Re: Ann Coulter on The View

#2 Post by SR » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

The state of American politics is a disgrace, and both sides and the ignorance and general uneducated nature of the constituency are all to blame.

We can't handle the truth. :cona:

Romeo

#3 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 am

I wouldn't call Skeletor "american politics".

She a self serving rabble rouser.

SR

#4 Post by SR » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 am

What then buttresses American politics? Are you saying AC, and her counterparts, do not carry significant weight with voters and support the narrow platforrms that candidates push to the majority of voters?

Romeo

#5 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 am

Skeletor is to American Politics what Simon Cowell is to picking good music.

Showman (or woman), that is all. Anyone who takes her seriously probably still has can of tuna and duct tape in storage for the chemical invasion

SR

#6 Post by SR » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 am

Look at her success.

Look at Mitt's platform

You may dismiss those who take her seriously and even attack her personally, but they do and she (and many other facimiles) has impact.

ellis

#7 Post by ellis » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 am

Although I'll never read a Coulter book, this reminds me of a debate--which was more of a discussion--I listened to on C-SPAN radio a few weeks ago. It was at Morehouse College (University? can't recall). One person was a former black politician, and a few others were black men and women.

I was really into the discussion! B/c the panels was raising important points and questions about, for a lack of a better description, "the state of the black American union." Namely, why does the black vote always award the Democrat party with their voice? They pointed out that there is NO demographic in America (Whites, Jews, Latinos, etc) that awards such a huge percentage of votes to ONE political party, quite like the black vote. I think the number they said was in the mid 80% range. Some of the panelists said that if the black demographic could divide and make both parties have to work for their vote, the black race would have a better chance at becoming as prosperous as the other demographics of the nation. They went on to discuss how easy it is to shore up the black vote and that elections rarely amount to anything beneficial to the black demographic.

It was an awesome discussion. And to that, I think Coulter actually has "a chance" at making a point but she's just not the right person to make it.

SR

#8 Post by SR » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 am

Larry Elder has been making this point for years.....strident dude, but smart, and black.