Syria

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
mockbee

Re: Syria

#81 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Well that didn't take long. :scared:

I guess four years of deascalating violence and troop withdraws and relative peace in the mideast was really gnawing at the hawks...

Israel says they are bombing Iran if Biden gets back on the. Iran nuclear deal. Another thing for the hawks to look forward to...yeah.

kv

#82 Post by kv » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:36 pm

:eyes: ya trump never bombed them or made the kurds run for their lives....gtfo

mockbee

#83 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:15 am

Yeah Trump bombed them too. Not saying he didn't.

No argument from me that Trump was a Class A asshole. But his overall record on mideast and NKorea is really impressive.

Strategic brinkmanship is not a quality I would ascribe to Biden and his cronies. I don't see this going anywhere good. :scared:

Even the NYTimes gives him credit... :noclue:
He moved the American Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, breaking with those who said it would ignite the Muslim world.

He withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal and ordered the killing of a top Iranian general, defying those who said those moves would lead to war.

He brokered treaties between Israel and two Arab states, disproving those who said such deals could only follow the creation of a Palestinian state.

Again and again in the Middle East, where volatility has burnished or battered previous presidential legacies, President Trump has run roughshod over conventional thinking, advancing key policy aims or fulfilling campaign promises in ways that experts warned could set off a conflagration or blow up in his face.

Not only did the predicted disasters not materialize, but in many cases his policies produced demonstrable achievements.

The Arab treaties with Israel doubled the number of countries in the region that have relations with Israel. The killing of the Iranian commander, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, eliminated the leader of a network of dangerous militias. And the embassy move, rightly or wrongly, was a step previous administrations had shrunk from despite claiming to support it.