Fukushima nuclear disaster

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Jasper

Fukushima nuclear disaster

#1 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

France Releases Map of Cesium-137 Deposition Across the Pacific – Shows the US More Contaminated Than Western Japan

The real thing to see is the animation at this link, where you can watch the radiation traveling. It can't be embedded in my post:

http://enformable.com/2011/09/france-re ... pan-ex-skf

:no:
I've always been against this shit. It's something mankind never should have gotten into, even without these accidents. The waste alone is far too dangerous long-lived.

guysmiley

Re: Fukushima nuclear disaster

#2 Post by guysmiley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:04 am

damn. well, looks like in two weeks I'll be in a better place. :hs:

look at chernobyl.

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm

but people still live in that red zone, don't they, they haven't cleared the area or anything right!?

Jasper

#4 Post by Jasper » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 am

The Japan red area or the Chernobyl red area? I think there must be people in most of that Japan red zone. It's getting pretty close to Tokyo, I think. They cleared a pretty big area, but no way it was that big. Then it was determined that the government had seriously downplayed the amount of radiation released, so I don't think there's any way we won't be seeing some serious health issues related to this down the line.

With the Chernobyl thing, obviously it's too huge of an area. There's so much radiation from that thing all over the place. In Germany there are radioactive boars in the woods, because they root in the soil, and if you disturb the soil you get to the fallout really easily. So, it's significant enough that you're not supposed to eat these boars, just because they stick their snouts in soil.