Electioneering

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Bandit72

Electioneering

#1 Post by Bandit72 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:14 pm

What's the truth in the fact that the Rockefeller family allowed women's suffrage? Is this true? Or some wild 'conspiracy theory'?

It's the General Election in the UK today. As usual, it's gone into complicated overdrive. Rather than BORE everyone with it, I was just interested if my question held some truth. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller....

Hype

Re: Electioneering

#2 Post by Hype » Sun May 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Your question is poorly formed. You don't provide any helpful background on why you asked the question the way you did, and you don't say why you're asking.

I don't mean this in a harsh way, I just mean literally that the question doesn't make any sense as you've written it. You asked a question of the logical form:

Is fact x true?

But if something is a fact, then it's true. So the answer is either trivially 'yes', or 'you're confused in the first place'.

Charitably, you meant something more like: "Some people have claimed that x. Is x true?"

But we don't know who you think claimed x, or why... you're unfairly either assuming we know what you're on about, or that we should do the work to be on the same page as you.

Come on man... explain yourself. :wave:

Everybody's Friend

#3 Post by Everybody's Friend » Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

You got schooled, son. :lolol:

Bandit72

#4 Post by Bandit72 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Not really, he's just being facetious :wave:

I can't be arsed to rephrase my question as I don't really care much for the answer anymore!

Hype

#5 Post by Hype » Thu May 14, 2015 7:48 am

:confused: Well, I want to know what the hell you were talking about. Also, I would like the number of your dealer.