Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
kv

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#426 Post by kv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:58 pm

If they took the election seriously they would have been out there on monday

I agree with everything hype just said...unite it's fucking over ...get behind him and hope for the best....I love Cali voted for Clinton...but calexit? How immature can you fucking get? Cali doesn'tt have a trillion dollars to leave anywhere...not my president? Are you fucking stupid? Yes he is cope :noclue: does it suck...oh ya it sucks...but "we" picked him...screw the pop vote Hillary won..almost the entire exact number voted trump...this is our system to protect the country and farmers from the city folk liberals...it's about as fair as it get

Artemis

#427 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:28 pm

I agree with Hype and kv too.

Taking it to the streets(no reference to the Doobie Brothers song) is great, and I fully approve of this action too; however, a little late in this case. Love it or hate it,Cheeto's win was fair.

In the clips and images I saw today of Trump's visit to the White House today, I think he looked intimidated and maybe even a little scared.

chaos

#428 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
It's really pathetic, protesting a finished election and destroying property and injuring people.
Hype wrote:
Protesting that, and claiming it's undemocratic, because your candidate didn't win, is actually itself undemocratic, and probably indicates no understanding of the electoral system.

If you want to change the electoral system, tell your damn representatives, organize grass-roots efforts to support a more proportional system, or whatever. But protesting because Clinton didn't win is absurd. She didn't win. Making her the president when she didn't win would be literally a coup, not a democratic action.
kv wrote:If they took the election seriously they would have been out there on monday
Artemis wrote: Love it or hate it,Cheeto's win was fair.
Unfortunately this is all true.

Juana

#429 Post by Juana » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Artemis wrote:I agree with Hype and kv too.

Taking it to the streets(no reference to the Doobie Brothers song) is great, and I fully approve of this action too; however, a little late in this case. Love it or hate it,Cheeto's win was fair.

In the clips and images I saw today of Trump's visit to the White House today, I think he looked intimidated and maybe even a little scared.
Should be interesting to see how he responds when shit starts to go South and his supporters turn on him. GM just announced they're laying off 2k workers in MI and OH and Frontier Communications is going to be laying off 1k workers, etc. As companies continue to do this how will it be received if it starts happening on a massive scale?

farrellgirl99

#430 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Juana wrote:

Should be interesting to see how he responds when shit starts to go South and his supporters turn on him. GM just announced they're laying off 2k workers in MI and OH and Frontier Communications is going to be laying off 1k workers, etc. As companies continue to do this how will it be received if it starts happening on a massive scale?
That is an interesting point. When things don't change for these groups of people and they realize they were conned into voting for a millionaire with no experience who doesnt actually give a fuck about them or know how to change things, who will still be supporting him? (Besides the people who voted purely on racism, nativism, and bigotry, which I still personally think is the larger proportion).

All of this sucks, I hate it.

Artemis

#431 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Juana wrote:

If that scenario were to happen, Trump will probably blame the Obama administration. As for the people, they'll be even more outraged when they realize they were misled.

guysmiley

#432 Post by guysmiley » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:57 pm

I think we might be overestimating these people's cognitive and comprehension abilities.

Pandemonium

#433 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Juana wrote:

Most if not all those lay-offs have all been known to be coming for months now. In fact, it's likely those in the affected areas/companies voted for Trump *because* they knew their jobs were going to be lost in the next few months.

Hype

#434 Post by Hype » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:02 am

If anyone's curious what my people have to say about this outcome, here's a link: http://dailynous.com/2016/11/10/philoso ... -election/

I've met some of the people in that list, and they're great. If you don't have much time, check out the two pieces by Brennan and Estlund.

SR

#435 Post by SR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:34 am

Agree? Disagree? It doesn't matter. This is total catastrophe.

chaos

#436 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:50 am

SR wrote:Agree? Disagree? It doesn't matter. This is total catastrophe.
Yes. The point, however, is how we move forward both as individuals and a country.

SR

#437 Post by SR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:02 pm

We do not agree that "forward" is a good path. Nothing will normalize this monster.

chaos

#438 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 pm

What are you suggesting? A coup?

chaos

#439 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:07 pm

This is one way of moving forward:
http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/ ... t-on-trump

Sanders Statement on Trump
Wednesday, November 9, 2016

BURLINGTON, Vt., Nov. 9 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement Wednesday after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States:

“Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer.

“To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him. To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.”
And another:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... gotry.html

As she said in her statement following Tuesday night’s news, [Elizabeth] Warren indicated that as a Democratic senator she would look for places where she could “compromise” with Trump, but had her doubts. “There are things we’re going to end up losing, because we don’t have the White House, we don’t have the Senate, we don’t have the House of Representatives,” she said. “But on those core issues about treating every single human being in this country with dignity, on that we stand up and we fight back. We do not back down. We do not compromise, not today, not tomorrow, not ever. For me, that’s the starting place on how to understand what’s happened to us.”

As for the protests that have sprung up across the country in opposition to Trump, Warren said, “People are upset and they’re right to be upset. This is our country, and people have a right to have their voices heard.” But, she added, “we also have an obligation to listen.” Not necessarily to Trump, but to those who decided to vote for him despite his “bigotry.”

SR

#440 Post by SR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm

I am not convinced.

All I hear over and over is 'you can grab their pussy"

This is a disaster. America got exactly what it deserved.

nausearockpig

#441 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:02 pm

chaos wrote:What are you suggesting? A coup?
Wait, isn't this exactly the reason that the US constitution has regarding bearing arms? To revolt against an oppressive government?

chaos

#442 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:13 pm

SR wrote:We do not agree that "forward" is a good path. Nothing will normalize this monster.
SR wrote:I am not convinced.

All I hear over and over is 'you can grab their pussy"

This is a disaster. America got exactly what it deserved.
SR - I am still not clear on what you are suggesting we do. At first I thought you misunderstood what I meant by moving forward, which is why I gave examples.

Trump has been elected. I am not happy, but I am not going to crawl into a hole. I am also not willing to forgo democratic principles.

Pandemonium

#443 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:26 pm

"Bono has said that he may now run for the presidency in Ireland, after seeing how it's now possible for a big mouthed, tax dodging megalomaniac with a God complex to rise to the highest office in their country."

kv

#444 Post by kv » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I think sr just needs a little more grieving time to come to terms with reality

erotic cheeses

#445 Post by erotic cheeses » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Just read that £5 on Brexit and Trump would have netted £12.5 million.
The idiots have taken over the asylum

kv

#446 Post by kv » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:23 pm

chaos

#447 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:58 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
chaos wrote:What are you suggesting? A coup?
Wait, isn't this exactly the reason that the US constitution has regarding bearing arms? To revolt against an oppressive government?

When the Founding Fathers penned the Constitution, I do not think they envisioned the 2nd amendment would lead to armed insurrections within our own newly created government, but rather to suppress attempts from outside tyrannical governments that may threaten us (the State).

nausearockpig

#448 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:02 pm

I agree, though I bet that this is how it's now being interpreted by a lot of people. Maybe before the election too, by people on both sides of the fence....

chaos

#449 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:06 pm

kv wrote:I think sr just needs a little more grieving time to come to terms with reality
My husband is grieving big time. He is/was a big NE Patriots fan but when he found out about Bill Belichick's letter of support to Donald Trump, he vowed to no longer watch their games. Trust me when I say this is no small thing. :lol:

SR

#450 Post by SR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:39 pm

chaos wrote:
kv wrote:I think sr just needs a little more grieving time to come to terms with reality
My husband is grieving big time. He is/was a big NE Patriots fan but when he found out about Bill Belichick's letter of support to Donald Trump, he vowed to no longer watch their games. Trust me when I say this is no small thing. :lol:
Grieving the loss of the Pats or Trump? :lol: