#461 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 am

kv wrote:
chaos wrote:Regardless, it is a mess.
I.e. business as usual
Hardly

Juana

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#462 Post by Juana » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Well, that press conference today was ...something else. I had to laugh at Trump shutting down that obnoxious CNN reporter.

Much as I dislike Trump and think as a public speaker he makes Bush Jr look like a genius, I think the political establishment and especially the media are playing right into his hands. The whole Golden Shower-gate thing is just the latest example. IMO, at least right now Trump isn't the worst thing here. The lack of integrity with our media, intelligence services and even political parties is. Anyone who has read the "classified" document (does that mean anything anymore?) would seriously question it's veracity:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... tions.html

If you buy into this, you're buying into the theory that at least 5 years ago Putin was thinking "who do I think I would likely invest my energy into subverting....?"

The brother of GW Bush who most likely would be a front running in a presidential race due to his connections to the GOP?

or.......

A billionaire real estate tycoon from NYC who (at the time) stars on The Apprentice and runs the Miss America pageant. The guy also used to be a card carrying Democrat and was not considered conservative enough for the GOP and is pretty much considered to be a clown?

Add to the fact word has come out today that much this report is apparently based in part on someones "Fan Fiction" found on a chat board, paid for and passed on to a GOP consultant Rick Wilson then to Even McMullin then on to John McCain (all three who hate Trump) and on to the CIA who included the info in their classified report on the DNC hack which coincidentally was somehow leaked to the media only days after Trump has a public spat with the intelligence agencies. CNN ran this report yesterday without bothering to verify any claims. And it goes without saying this apparently deeply flawed report is why we expelled Russian diplomats.

What we have here is a perfect storm of an unlikable, buffoonish President vs a biased, untrustworthy media and a completely politicized, agenda-driven government. No wonder Trump wants his own security people - I wouldn't trust any government security. The next few years are going to be like watching an onion slowly having it's layers striped as political bias, corruption and utter lack of trust in virtually every facet of our government is further exposed.
For the record that document was not "classified" it was marked "sensitive" by a civilian company but it was not a classified document. Now the briefing that Barry and Trump got likely contained classified material but nothing that has been released was actually classified.

SR

#463 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 pm

I can't bite here, but I must say Panda is the first I have heard question Secret Service integrity. Wow, though not surprised.

There's some serious bad ass motherfuckers ... :nod:

nausearockpig

#464 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 pm

is probably old news now, but I read that Trump has now said the USA is gonna pay for the Mexican wall? Is that right..... and how? If so, how does he believe people will just swallow the backflip?

Pandemonium

#465 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 pm

SR wrote:I can't bite here, but I must say Panda is the first I have heard question Secret Service integrity. Wow, though not surprised.

There's some serious bad ass motherfuckers ... :nod:
They are bad asses but they are human, some are just crap at their duties , some have vices, some have issues political or otherwise and some just don't like their boss.... there guys are the weak links. Trouble hit's, it migrates right to the weakest link in the chain.... The problem becomes knowing who the weak link is and why, and isolating him in some way so as not to cause damage to the asset without drawing attention to those sympathetic to the weak link and not causing further harm or attention to the asset.

Right now, James Comey is the weak link in the FBI. Everyone wants him gone.

Artemis

#466 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

In a little over 12 hours, the Cheeto will be President Cheeto. I still can't believe it's really happening.

nausearockpig

#467 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Artemis wrote:In a little over 12 hours, the Cheeto will be President Cheeto. I still can't believe it's really happening.
hahah yeah but he's not doing shit over the weekend, that would get in the way of his celebrations... so come Monday he'll start to make Murica Grapes again!

Artemis

#468 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:17 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:In a little over 12 hours, the Cheeto will be President Cheeto. I still can't believe it's really happening.
hahah yeah but he's not doing shit over the weekend, that would get in the way of his celebrations... so come Monday he'll start to make Murica Grapes again!
:lol:

Romeo

#469 Post by Romeo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:54 pm

starts new job on Friday, takes the weekend off...

#notmypresident

Hype

#470 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Just a reminder of what we can compare Trump to:
Obama has been on 28 vacations (including long weekends) spanning all or part of 217 days. The president has just over four months left in his term.

His predecessor, Bush, made 77 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 490 days. There were also 11 visits to his parent's home in Kennebunkport, Maine, spanning all or part of 43 days. Total: 533.

Clinton took the fewest — 174 days of summer vacations on Martha’s Vineyard and at Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Frankly, the more vacation days Trump takes, the better, I imagine... at least, if everyone else is able to get on with what they were already doing.

Bandit72

#471 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Just as a matter of interest, what are people's thoughts of Trump getting a second term? I would wager that it was pretty low. Now maybe I've heard whispers of Michelle Obama.....how about Mark Zuckerberg? I read he's being drawn into politics quicker by the day, and by his own accord. Although young, he may appeal in four years time. If he can voice his opinions, continues to bind the world with social media....is 'Mr. Nice'.

I'm only mentioning it because he's 250/1 and I was going to stick a tenner on it :lol:

SR

#472 Post by SR » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:37 pm

No private security. The cunt is at great risk now

Bandit72

#473 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm

SR wrote:No private security. The cunt is at great risk now
BBC news tonight showed more of the violence and protest than the inauguration.

farrellgirl99

#474 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 pm

ill be protesting in nyc's women's march tomorrow. should be an awesome turn out :cool:

Pandemonium

#475 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Ashley Judd seems to be off her meds today...

creep
Site Admin

#476 Post by creep » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Ashley Judd seems to be off her meds today...

she might have just earned her own "deep thoughts by ashley" thread. :dunce:

chaos

#477 Post by chaos » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:10 pm

She is reciting a poem written by a 19 year old girl. She tells this to the crowd in the of the video. I assume the girl could not attend which is why she is reciting it. :noclue:

nausearockpig

#478 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 pm

What real, visible effects are expected to be seen & felt as a direct result of these protests?

I mean, now he's Prez, isn't it a bit too late for any change to occur, or for him to not act upon whatever whim takes his fancy (within the bounds of what he can actually push thru congress to end up as law, of course)?

perkana

#479 Post by perkana » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:56 pm

nausearockpig wrote:What real, visible effects are expected to be seen & felt as a direct result of these protests?
WASHINGTON — Flint filmmaker Michael Moore had some simple advice, and a to-do list, for the throngs of people who converged on Washington on Saturday to protest the presidency of Donald Trump.
“I want you to make this a part of your new daily routine: Call Congress every single day,” he said. “Brush your teeth, make the coffee, walk the dog and call Congress.”
And referring to Trump’s speech about ending the carnage of crime in American cities, Moore added, “Mr. Trump we are here to vow to end the Trump carnage.”
Moore then rambled through stories about his support for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Democratic National Committee chairman candidate, U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, and how he was a shy high school student who could barely get a date, but who ran for office — a seat on the Davison school board at the age of 18. Moore decried the transformation of his home state of Michigan from a blue to a red state when voters delivered a 10,704-vote victory to Trump on Nov. 8, the first time a Republican has won since 1988. "God, it's painful to state that Michigan is a red state," he said.
All the stories were meant to show that even an introverted young kid could blossom into an activist. He urged the crowd to take over the Democratic Party, run for office and join Planned Parenthood.
“Look at what we’ve already accomplished here today. The majority of Americans didn’t want Donald J. Trump in the White House and we’re here today as their representatives,” he said.

perkana

#480 Post by perkana » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Quoting Gloria Steinem:
"We are here and around the world for a deep democracy that says we will not be quiet, we will not be controlled, we will work for a world in which all countries are connected. God may be in the details, but the goddess is in connections. We are at one with each other, we are looking at each other, not up. No more asking daddy. We are linked. We are not ranked. And this is a day that will change us forever because we are together. Each of us individually and collectively will never be the same again."

Pandemonium

#481 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm

chaos wrote:She is reciting a poem written by a 19 year old girl. She tells this to the crowd in the of the video. I assume the girl could not attend which is why she is reciting it. :noclue:
It's not so much the poem (although it's pretty eye-rolling), it's her 'interpretation" of it that's hilarious.

nausearockpig

#482 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Yep I get that, people are rallying etc but what are they actually going to achieve? Protesting is all well and good, but what will it, and they do? (Cue Saw Gurerra's speech from the R1 trailers here hahahah).

What will calling congress do? What are they gonna call congress about, and expect to happen? Surely there's a plan to do something that will block Trump's ability to make these changes he's been promising?

Also, I found this amusing:

Pandemonium

#483 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 pm

This clip from yesterday's inauguration made me laugh:

perkana

#484 Post by perkana » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:02 pm

It's pressure...pressure Cheeto's choices every day. Participate more by becoming an activist. Protest every week if you need to. A lot of people protested in the '60s against wars.
During one speech women were asked to become or support congress women. Michael Moore called for taking the Dem Party and inject new blood. It's a long road, but I thought calling congress representatives every day to repell Trump's cabinet choices is a good start.

nausearockpig

#485 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:11 pm

perkana wrote:It's pressure...pressure Cheeto's choices every day. Participate more by becoming an activist. Protest every week if you need to. A lot of people protested in the '60s against wars.
During one speech women were asked to become or support congress women. Michael Moore called for taking the Dem Party and inject new blood. It's a long road, but I thought calling congress representatives every day to repell Trump's cabinet choices is a good start.
Well I hope they can do something.