Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby kv » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Juana wrote:
Romeo wrote:I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!


Lets be honest the states that really wanted him in office don't eat avocados hell they likely don't even know a real corn tortilla
Arizona and Texas?
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6807
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Artemis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Meanwhile in Canada...

A refreshing break from the insanity happening downstairs in the US&A.

Members of Parliament are learning Bhangra dancing. :lol:

User avatar
Artemis
 
Posts: 8111
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Juana » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm

kv wrote:
Juana wrote:
Romeo wrote:I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!


Lets be honest the states that really wanted him in office don't eat avocados hell they likely don't even know a real corn tortilla
Arizona and Texas?


I was speaking more about the North but come to think of it a lot of the Mexican food in TX sucks unless its by the border for the most part. I forgot Arizona voted for him.
Juana
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby SR » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am

kv wrote:If he does as he pledged to..What makes people think it will be only 4 years? The same people who put him in office could keep him in it for 8...Everyone assumed bush jr would be gone in 4 as well
78,000 people put him in to office
User avatar
SR
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Bandit72 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 am

Trump executive order: Million sign petition to stop UK visit

A petition to stop US President Donald Trump's UK state visit has gathered more than a million signatures.

Numbers of signatories have been rising rapidly since a US clampdown on immigration came into effect over the weekend, causing anger worldwide.

PM Theresa May announced the visit during her recent US trip. Downing Street has rejected calls for it to be cancelled as a "populist gesture".

Labour's Jeremy Corbyn urged the PM to postpone the visit.
User avatar
Bandit72
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Romeo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:10 am

Juana wrote:
kv wrote:
Juana wrote:
Romeo wrote:I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!


Lets be honest the states that really wanted him in office don't eat avocados hell they likely don't even know a real corn tortilla
Arizona and Texas?


I was speaking more about the North but come to think of it a lot of the Mexican food in TX sucks unless its by the border for the most part. I forgot Arizona voted for him.


True, unless the tax will hit Mountain Dew I doubt they'd notice.
But when Corona is $40 a 12 pack....
User avatar
Romeo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: St. andrews

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Romeo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:15 am

guysmiley wrote:
Romeo wrote:I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!

Not getting tequila either. And food prices will go up if he kicks out the laborers. Dairy will be destroyed as with any other government priced agriculture.

People completely underestimate how much produce we get from Mexico.
I had made a joke on a FB thread about $9 pints of strawberries and some idiot said "you don't know what you're talking about, I get my strawberries from NJ"

In the winter? :hs:

So Friday I went food shopping at Aldi, I picked up a package of organic vine tomatoes. There were 4 big tomatoes in the package. It cost me $2.49. The package stated it was imported from Mexico.
If the Tariff goes through that same pack of tomatoes could easily cost $4.00
User avatar
Romeo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: St. andrews

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Juana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Trump executive order: Million sign petition to stop UK visit

A petition to stop US President Donald Trump's UK state visit has gathered more than a million signatures.

Numbers of signatories have been rising rapidly since a US clampdown on immigration came into effect over the weekend, causing anger worldwide.

PM Theresa May announced the visit during her recent US trip. Downing Street has rejected calls for it to be cancelled as a "populist gesture".

Labour's Jeremy Corbyn urged the PM to postpone the visit.


Good I hope you guys keep him out until he is out of office, I'm all about security but with Rudy coming out and saying this was a Muslim ban its pissing me off more and more
Juana
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Juana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

SR wrote:
kv wrote:If he does as he pledged to..What makes people think it will be only 4 years? The same people who put him in office could keep him in it for 8...Everyone assumed bush jr would be gone in 4 as well
78,000 people put him in to office


And 3+ million didn't want him in office
Juana
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby chaos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:48 pm

And now for the beginning of week two . . .

By MARK LANDLER, MATT APUZZO and ERIC LICHTBLAU JAN. 30, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.
...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/politics/trump-immigration-ban-memo.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
User avatar
chaos
 
Posts: 3893
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Bandit72 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:48 am

User avatar
Bandit72
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Mescal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:21 am

kv wrote:
unite it's fucking over ...get behind him and hope for the best....I love Cali voted for Clinton.


So, after two weeks over presidency ...

Do you really think it won't be that bad?

Don't know how you guys in America think about it, or what the news coverage is like.

But over here in Europe we're starting to get really scared.

The general consensus at this moment over here is that this is not gonna end very well.

DT's been in the news every day for the last two weeks, and not in a good way (well never was in a good way, but you know)
User avatar
Mescal
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Matz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:14 am

at least his supreme court pick seems pretty solid as far as I can tell. I was, of course, expecting way worse
User avatar
Matz
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby SR » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 am

Everyone should be very afraid.
User avatar
SR
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby nausearockpig » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:47 pm

User avatar
nausearockpig
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm


Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Juana » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Matz wrote:at least his supreme court pick seems pretty solid as far as I can tell. I was, of course, expecting way worse


He's a constitutionalist so it could have been a lot worse. The going thought is that this will get Kennedy to retire and that is when they're going to go with some crazy appointee to skew the balance of the court.
Juana
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby kv » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Mescal wrote:
kv wrote:
unite it's fucking over ...get behind him and hope for the best....I love Cali voted for Clinton.


So, after two weeks over presidency ...

Do you really think it won't be that bad?

Don't know how you guys in America think about it, or what the news coverage is like.

But over here in Europe we're starting to get really scared.

The general consensus at this moment over here is that this is not gonna end very well.

DT's been in the news every day for the last two weeks, and not in a good way (well never was in a good way, but you know)

I never said it wouldn't be bad just that all this "he's not my president" stuff is silly...And if half the country wanted him and he won...The rest have to cope and hope for the best and ride it out...I hate the guy...But he is my president and I wish him luck and hope he does a better job than he has started off with
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6807
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby farrellgirl99 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm

the sooner he's impeached, the better. he's fucking unstable. when you are starting hostility with fucking australia of all places, you cannot be in charge for long. he is going to drag us to war.

pence terrifies me on an ideological level, but atleast if trump goes, im guessing bannon goes too. and i trust pence more in terms of not starting world war iii with a tweet.
User avatar
farrellgirl99
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 pm
Location: Queens

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

Postby Romeo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 am

Ya wanted a "non politician" well this is what you get....
You get someone with ZERO diplomatic skills who thinks you can speak to another leader like he was a underling in one of your shitty businesses.
User avatar
Romeo
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: St. andrews

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest