Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#661 Post by chaos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:55 am

chaos

#662 Post by chaos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 am

kevin

#663 Post by kevin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:26 am

I just don’t know what it will take to get this blowhard, entitled, schizophrenic, psychopath out of office. I’m hoping for a heart attack or for lightning to strike Air Force One. :rockon: :thumb:

Artemis

#664 Post by Artemis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Robert DeNiro was in Toronto today for the groundbreaking of a new Canadian lcoation for Nobu restaurant and hotel.

nausearockpig

#665 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 pm

kevin wrote:I just don’t know what it will take to get this blowhard, entitled, schizophrenic, psychopath out of office. I’m hoping for a heart attack or for lightning to strike Air Force One. :rockon: :thumb:
And then Pence comes in. Good fucking luck if that happens. You’ll need to actually vote him out. As if.

kv

#666 Post by kv » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 pm

This is snl come to life

crater

#667 Post by crater » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 pm

chaos

#668 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 pm

:lol:

Matz

#669 Post by Matz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm

"missile" is a hard one as well

chaos

#670 Post by chaos » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 pm

:lol:

Artemis

#671 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:53 am

:lol: ^^

Saw this one today...

Artemis

#672 Post by Artemis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 pm

I can't say I'm much of a fan of the Bush family, but props to Laura Bush's for speaking out about this inhumane situation with ICE separating children from their parents. :nyrexall:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 018/06/17/
Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’

By Laura Bush
June 17 at 8:45 PM
Laura Bush is a former first lady of the United States.

On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old. The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history. We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.

Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents — and to stop separating parents and children in the first place.

People on all sides agree that our immigration system isn’t working, but the injustice of zero tolerance is not the answer. I moved away from Washington almost a decade ago, but I know there are good people at all levels of government who can do better to fix this.

Recently, Colleen Kraft, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics, visited a shelter run by the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement. She reported that while there were beds, toys, crayons, a playground and diaper changes, the people working at the shelter had been instructed not to pick up or touch the children to comfort them. Imagine not being able to pick up a child who is not yet out of diapers.

Twenty-nine years ago, my mother-in-law, Barbara Bush, visited Grandma’s House, a home for children with HIV/AIDS in Washington. Back then, at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, the disease was a death sentence, and most babies born with it were considered “untouchables.” During her visit, Barbara — who was the first lady at the time — picked up a fussy, dying baby named Donovan and snuggled him against her shoulder to soothe him. My mother-in-law never viewed her embrace of that fragile child as courageous. She simply saw it as the right thing to do in a world that can be arbitrary, unkind and even cruel. She, who after the death of her 3-year-old daughter knew what it was to lose a child, believed that every child is deserving of human kindness, compassion and love.

In 2018, can we not as a nation find a kinder, more compassionate and more moral answer to this current crisis? I, for one, believe we can.

Hype

#673 Post by Hype » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:32 am

This separation of children at the border is sad, bad, etc., but it's a consequence of the change in policy to arrest the parents. As I understand it, children are routinely separated from their parents during all arrests. The problem with these cases at the border is both that the conditions in which the children have been held are poor (to the point of inhumane) and language barriers, racism, and poor training may exacerbate the way in which the arrests are conducted. Plus, there is probably a better, safer, easier, cheaper, and more humane way to deal with illegal or disputed border-crossings than this... If they're going to continue separating the children and arresting the parents, then they could alleviate much of the suffering by simply hiring childcare workers and paying for a better solution for temporarily housing these children. It's mind-boggling that they didn't default to something like that.

chaos

#674 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Hype wrote:It's mind-boggling that they didn't default to something like that.
The new policy is meant to be a deterrent. It is a calculated, hard-line act by Trump & Co.

The chilling part is once the parent and child are separated, there is no organized method for reuniting them once they are in separate facilities. In some case, they are deporting the parent(s) and keeping the child(ren).

I can't imagine being put in a position of having to flee my country (let alone traveling thousands of miles to do so), and then not being able to find safe refuge.

chaos

#675 Post by chaos » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:30 am

chaos

#676 Post by chaos » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Artemis

#677 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:47 pm

chaos wrote:

:rockon: Love this! Can't wait for Cheeto's angry tweets.

SR

#678 Post by SR » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:14 am

chaos wrote:
Missed this. Love this guy. I was in Newport Beach a few weeks ago and I was working out at a gym that overlooked the NB Nobu. There was a fuckwit holding a sign of protest (this was soon after DeNiro banned trump from all Nobu properties) and people were asking for selfies with him. I was on the eliptical so I watched for about 45 minutes.....no less than 10 peeps asked. The OC is a scary place. :nod:

chaos

#680 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am

chaos

#681 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm

erotic cheeses

#682 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Such a warm welcome for this prick. Thousands in protest and a baby blimp.
U.K. You embarrass we often but didn't let me down with this one..

erotic cheeses

#683 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 pm

We me whatevever

Artemis

#684 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:56 pm

guysmiley

#685 Post by guysmiley » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

I saw a bunch of stuff last night. At first I thought it was people overreacting, but after watching the video, it looks bad bad. Just spineless and more worried about himself than the country. Totally threw intelligence community under the bus too. I don't understand how anyone can defend that. :neutral: