So the county clerk making my state look as backward as...

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Angry Canine

So the county clerk making my state look as backward as...

#1 Post by Angry Canine » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Alabama got her ass hauled off to jail for contempt of court today.

Pandemonium

Re: So the county clerk making my state look as backward as.

#2 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Angry Canine wrote:Alabama got her ass hauled off to jail for contempt of court today.
Hasn't this dragged on for several months now? I don't understand why she wasn't fired on day two when she refused to do her job.

mockbee

#3 Post by mockbee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Oh, god wouldn't have allowed a simple solution like that...

But the bible loves a martyr! :rockon:

:eyes:

perkana

#4 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:55 pm

This totally made my day...
I was looking at her indiegogo account yesterday, it was funny and fucked up at the same time. I'm glad I took some screenshots of it because it was taken down today.
Last edited by perkana on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angry Canine

#5 Post by Angry Canine » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Angry Canine wrote:Alabama got her ass hauled off to jail for contempt of court today.
Hasn't this dragged on for several months now? I don't understand why she wasn't fired on day two when she refused to do her job.
She's elected, and cannot simply be fired, she must be impeached by the legislature.

The judge said she will remain in jail until she complies, and that her deputies that continue to refuse under her order, also face possible jail, and fines.

It's also notable that she believes so much in her bible's definition of marriage, that she's on her 4th, despite that the bible doesn't allow for divorce.
Last edited by Angry Canine on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
She couldn't be fired because she was elected. The judge didn't want to fine her (don't know if the crowdfunding page had something to do with it), so she threw her ass in jail.

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Angry Canine wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
She's elected, and cannot simply be fired, she must be impeached by the legislature.

The judge said she will remain in jail until she complies, and that her deputies that continue to refuse under her order, also face possible jail, and fines.

It's also notable that she believes so much in her bible's definition of marriage, that she's on her 4th, despite that the bible doesn't allow for divorce.
It blew right by me that she was elected and thus has to go through the impeachment/recall process to get canned. Watching this on the World News tonight, I was surprised (although I guess I shouldn't be) about how many wacko bible thumper supporters were at the courthouse. And yeah, what a shock she's a hypocrite.

perkana

#8 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:15 am

With Bible-thumping Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis in jail for refusing to allow gay marriages, the first same-sex couple in Rowan County obtained their license in a Davis-free courthouse Friday morning.

William Smith Jr. and James Yates teared up after putting down $35.50 for the license they had been denied five previous times. Supporters clapped, cheered and chanted "love has won" as the couple left the courthouse with their license in hand.

"This is a blessing," Yates told reporters.

"This means at least for this area that civil rights are civil rights and they are not subject to belief."
Joe Davis, the current spouse of the woman who has been married four times and conceived twins from an affair, told reporters outside the Rowan County Courthouse his wife is willing to spend months in jail for her offense.

“She won’t resign I promise you,” the husband said. “Until something gives in, she’ll be there.”

While speaking to media, he held a sign declaring: "Welcome to Sodom and Gomorrah."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2348551

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:19 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Angry Canine wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

It blew right by me that she was elected and thus has to go through the impeachment/recall process to get canned. Watching this on the World News tonight, I was surprised (although I guess I shouldn't be) about how many wacko bible thumper supporters were at the courthouse. And yeah, what a shock she's a hypocrite.
Because Davis is an elected official, she can only be officially removed through an impeachment, says University of Kentucky law professor Scott Bauries. But that isn’t likely. The Kentucky General Assembly, which would bring impeachment proceedings, currently isn’t in session. While Gov. Steve Beshear, a Democrat, could theoretically call a special session, experts say the divided legislature would side with Rowan. “She’s probably got enough supporters that she wouldn’t be impeached anyway,” Bauries says.
http://time.com/4018999/kentucky-clerk- ... -marriage/

Romeo

#10 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 am

This what scares me, these people have no problem pegging all Muslims as extremist and terrorists because of the radical few.

WELL HELLO!

These radical Christians who think everyone should be ruled by "gods law" over THE CONSTITUTION or FEDERAL LAW are no better than Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen that allow Islamic Law to rule.

Angry Canine

#11 Post by Angry Canine » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Romeo wrote:This what scares me, these people have no problem pegging all Muslims as extremist and terrorists because of the radical few.

WELL HELLO!

These radical Christians who think everyone should be ruled by "gods law" over THE CONSTITUTION or FEDERAL LAW are no better than Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen that allow Islamic Law to rule.
I've been saying this for years. How is trying to force fundamentalist Christian beliefs on an entire population any different at all than trying to force Sharia on them?

Romeo

#12 Post by Romeo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:23 pm

in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach
Someone should tattoo this on the 3 time divorcee's ass.

creep
Site Admin

#13 Post by creep » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:20 pm

:lol: :crazy:

Angry Canine

#14 Post by Angry Canine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 am

Romeo wrote:
in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach
Someone should tattoo this on the 3 time divorcee's ass.
Yeah, these sort of fundamentalist wrong wingers always seem to forget that the first amendment that grants them their freedom to practice their religion, first grants freedom from religion being imposed upon us by the government. Most certainly not to be imposed by some low level county official.

Romeo

#15 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 pm

My favorite caption to this picture was "Announcing the cast to the Broadway revival of Lil' Abner"

MYXYLPLYX

#16 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:12 pm

"Prideful Ignorance"