Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Presidential debates: Sept 26, Oct 9, Oct 19

#1 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Can't wait! :pop:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/presidenti ... -1.3745908
Trump-Clinton presidential debate moderators are announced
3 presidential debates will be held Sept. 26-Oct. 19

NBC News chief anchor Lester Holt will moderate the first scheduled presidential debate on Sept. 26. ABC's Martha Raddatz and CNN's Anderson Cooper are doing the second and Fox News Channel's Chris Wallace the third.

The first debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is planned for Hofstra University on Long Island, New York.

The second debate will be held in St. Louis on Oct. 9, with the final debate Oct. 19 in Las Vegas.

The first and third debates between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump will be question-and-answer sessions on six separate topics chosen by the moderators and revealed a week in advance. Wallace will moderate the third debate. Raddatz and Cooper will team up for the second session, a town hall-style meeting with half of the questions to be posed by audience members.

Each of the debates is scheduled for 90 minutes, with a 9 p.m. ET start time.

The commission avoided potential political problems by not selecting Fox's Megyn Kelly, whose tough questioning angered Trump in the first GOP candidates' debate last summer, and ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who was a White House aide of Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton.

It will be the first time that the general election campaign's much-anticipated first debate won't be moderated by the now-retired Jim Lehrer of PBS since 1984.

The Commission on Presidential Debates on Friday also announced that CBS News correspondent Elaine Quijano will moderate the vice presidential debate on Oct. 4 in Farmville, Va., between Republican Mike Pence and Democrat Tim Kaine.

It was announced Thursday that Matt Lauer would moderate a forum on Sept. 7 in which Clinton and Trump will appear separately, with the focus to be on national security, the military and veterans affairs.

The presidential election is Nov. 8.

SR

Re: Presidential debates: Sept 26, Oct 9, Oct 19

#2 Post by SR » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:38 am

The ratings will be like no other.

mockbee

#3 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:26 am

The people and the media will ask themselves ad nauseam:

Who is more entertaining!

Who can really shake things up!

And what about those emails!

The answer will be redundantly clear.........

:neutral:

The beginning of the end of Celebrity Nation.

I can't bring myself to watch the shitshow.

Why would I? :noclue:

SR

#4 Post by SR » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 am

I'm watching. This is Clinton's opportunity (and her very bright advocates and staff) to rain down catastrophic havoc on Dump's rhetoric and disposition.

I want him crushed, humiliated, demoralized, and irredeemably revealed.....by a woman.

mockbee

#5 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:58 am

SR wrote:I'm watching. This is Clinton's opportunity (and her very bright advocates and staff) to rain down catastrophic havoc on Dump's rhetoric and disposition.

I want him crushed, humiliated, demoralized, and irredeemably revealed.....by a woman.

That will be great, I have little doubt that will happen.

Unfortunely, 48%+ of the American population will likely disagree, or be ambivalent about that verdict, and really just be wondering about those emails....

:noclue: .

SR

#6 Post by SR » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:33 am

mockbee wrote:
SR wrote:I'm watching. This is Clinton's opportunity (and her very bright advocates and staff) to rain down catastrophic havoc on Dump's rhetoric and disposition.

That will be great, I have little doubt that will happen.

Unfortunely, 48%+ of the American population will likely disagree, or be ambivalent about that verdict, and really just be wondering about those emails....

:noclue: .
downer.... :sad:

mockbee

#7 Post by mockbee » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:58 am

yeah I know.

utterly frightening is more like it.

people already know well and good who trump is, and a good 47%-48% say... yeah, guess that has to be my guy.

Oh...but just wait until they get a load of who this guy is, he's really kind of an unknown at this point....right?

He is a really shitty product in a really shiny package. Billions served.

:bored:

SR

#8 Post by SR » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:29 am

mockbee wrote:yeah I know.

utterly frightening is more like it.

people already know well and good who trump is, and a good 47%-48% say... yeah, guess that has to be my guy.

Oh...but just wait until they get a load of who this guy is, he's really kind of an unknown at this point....right?

He is a really shitty product in a really shiny package. Billions served.

:bored:
Ultimately, much of what you say is correct, little not, and some under exaggerated. :lol:

mockbee

#9 Post by mockbee » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 am

:lol:

Don't worry, I am just as confused and critically concerned as the next guy about the fate of this country and the world with what's playing out here.
It's really quite complex and really far reaching. This isn't just about one guy.

I would have to say though, that people unconcerned are living in la-la land.

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:56 am

today is the first time that i actually think there might be something with this health thing. that is the only thing that can lose the election for her. why run for president if she isn't healthy? is it an ego thing?

unfortunately her pick for vp doesn't make you feel any better if something did happen.

what an odd election

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:38 pm

creep wrote:today is the first time that i actually think there might be something with this health thing. that is the only thing that can lose the election for her. why run for president if she isn't healthy? is it an ego thing?

unfortunately her pick for vp doesn't make you feel any better if something did happen.

what an odd election
Yeah, the thing at the 9/11 memorial this morning was not good, coupled with the stupid comment about "putting half of Trump's supporters into the basket of deplorables" a few days ago, this is not her best week. In this day and age, appearances are everything.

kv

#12 Post by kv » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

mockbee wrote:
I would have to say though, that people unconcerned are living in la-la land.
You may be onto something...I live in la plus I'm unconcerned :lolol:

Artemis

#13 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Just read that HC was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/clinton-left-9 ... d=42010474

Clinton Pneumonia Diagnosis Revealed After Abrupt 9/11 Memorial Departure
By JOSH HASKELL LIZ KREUTZ PAUL BLAKE JULIA JACOBO Sep 11, 2016, 5:29 PM ET

Hillary Clinton's personal doctor revealed on Sunday that the Democratic candidate was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

The doctor's statement came hours after Clinton drew attention for abruptly leaving a 9/11 memorial event at Ground Zero and was seen on video apparently being assisted getting into a van.

Dr. Lisa Bardack, Clinton's personal doctor, in a statement released by the campaign said that the candidate, "has been experiencing a cough related to allergies," and that she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday "during follow up evaluation of her prolonged cough."

Clinton was being treated with antibiotics and had been "advised to rest and modify her schedule," the doctor said.

Reiterating the campaign's earlier statement, the doctor said that Clinton left the 9/11 memorial event because, "she became overheated and dehydrated."

"She is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely," the Bardack said, saying that she had recently examined her.

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Artemis wrote:Just read that HC was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

Clinton Pneumonia Diagnosis Revealed After Abrupt 9/11 Memorial Departure
By JOSH HASKELL LIZ KREUTZ PAUL BLAKE JULIA JACOBO Sep 11, 2016, 5:29 PM ET

Hillary Clinton's personal doctor revealed on Sunday that the Democratic candidate was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

The doctor's statement came hours after Clinton drew attention for abruptly leaving a 9/11 memorial event at Ground Zero and was seen on video apparently being assisted getting into a van.

Dr. Lisa Bardack, Clinton's personal doctor, in a statement released by the campaign said that the candidate, "has been experiencing a cough related to allergies," and that she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday "during follow up evaluation of her prolonged cough."

Clinton was being treated with antibiotics and had been "advised to rest and modify her schedule," the doctor said.

Reiterating the campaign's earlier statement, the doctor said that Clinton left the 9/11 memorial event because, "she became overheated and dehydrated."

"She is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely," the Bardack said, saying that she had recently examined her.
sure..... :conf:

Hype

#15 Post by Hype » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Huh... I would have thought it was oldmonia. :balls:

Pneumonia in elderly folk can be very, very serious though. Especially if they're already crooked. Then the pneuma doesn't flow right.

SR

#16 Post by SR » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:34 pm

We'll see about her health, or not.....this will be spun so much they won't even know what happened (is happening)......as for her comments on the deplorables....it doesn't matter. Dump's core already hates her and everyone else knows what she said is true.

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Artemis wrote:Just read that HC was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

I think this is going to backfire badly putting out a post-faint explanation that she was recently diagnosed with pneumonia. Would her people have published that diagnosis if she didn't nearly pass out today? And you'd think she'd have taken it much easier for a few days or at least been better prepped to handle whatever "rough" conditions she'd be facing doing a morning 9/11 appearance. Add to that, later today she visited and played with her grandchildren. A women with pneumonia playing with infants including a newborn? Then she hugs a child for a photo op. WTF?

This doesn't reflect so much on her health as much on her and her handler's judgement and honesty - the over-riding issues dogging her since day one. Like Creep said, what a bizarre election cycle.

SR

#18 Post by SR » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Maybe it's serious enough to reconvene a convention and appoint Bernie as the candidate.

:love: One can hope :rockon:

Seeing him debate that orange fuck would be an embarrassment of riches.

mockbee

#19 Post by mockbee » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:07 pm

trump will be ahead by most all counts in the next polls

nausearockpig

#20 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:49 pm

so it's going to be a mass-debate then.. ahahhahahah see what I did there?????

SR

#21 Post by SR » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:14 am

mockbee wrote:trump will be ahead by most all counts in the next polls
Wha, huh, where, who, when?

Pandemonium

#22 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:04 am

nausearockpig wrote:so it's going to be a mass-debate then.. ahahhahahah see what I did there?????
An Orange Fuck Mass-Debate to boot!

mockbee

#23 Post by mockbee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:13 am

SR wrote:
mockbee wrote:trump will be ahead by most all counts in the next polls
Wha, huh, where, who, when?

Oh, i was being under-dramatic again. :lol:

Trump will be the last President of the United States.
(that's an over exaggeration on my part :wink: )

SR

#24 Post by SR » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:22 am

Oh, phew; thanks for complicating that. :agree:

mockbee

#25 Post by mockbee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:49 am

SR wrote:Oh, phew; thanks for complicating that. :agree:

Oh, sure, no problem!

I'll add, the "basket of deplorables" comment was fine for Clinton if it just insinuated that some of Trumps followers are despicable. No one is surprised by that.

I think the comment was really terrible for her messaging though. A "basket of deplorables" sounds rather cute and non-threatening, really weakening her only viable tack for victory. Fear of a dark future.

The Adorable Deplorables! :lol: :neutral: