Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

#1 Post by chaos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:04 pm

I realize at this point these straw polls mean little, but I was still surprised.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... medium=RSS
Former Godfather Pizza CEO Herman Cain won the Presidency 5 straw poll here Saturday, delivering a blow to Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s frontrunner status and a victory for a candidate who has struggled to transform his grassroots popularity into strong showings in national polls.

“Tonight’s winner is Herman Cain,” Florida Gov. Rick Scott announced. “It shows you something, the road to the White House come through Florida, and it pays to spend time here.”

He received 37 percent of the more than 2,600 votes cast.

The two national frontrunners — Mr. Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney — placed second and third. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas landed in fourth place. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, meanwhile, landed in fifth, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, sixth. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann finished last.

drwintercreeper

Re: Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

#2 Post by drwintercreeper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

very meaningless but... what strikes me is how many voted for romney / perry. they don't appear to excite their base as much as needed (generally speaking), and florida in particular will play a decisive role in the election. i still have hope the republicans are going to defeat themselves.

even if christie got it i think its too late to play catch up to the business douche and the cowboy. at some point, repubs are going to have to ask themselves if they can stomach a president romney like i thought i could stomach a president kerry. after four years of getting to know this guy, they still don't like him, period.

the republican presidential field, circa 2008 + 2012: :aoa: :balls: :boobs: :tiphat:

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

#3 Post by Hokahey » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:45 pm

The GOP has no viable candidates. They're fucked. Meaning we're fucked. Because Obama is a another Keynesian destroying the economy and our personal liberties. Not that 99.9% of the GOP aren't as well.