Turmoil: Election Day (and the days that follow)

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
SR

Re: Turmoil: Election Day (and the days that follow)

#21 Post by SR » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:15 am

Many despised Ford for the Nixon pardon as well.

The comparisons whether true or not pertaining to division are completely irrelevant imho. Trump is a brand new animal.

Hype

#22 Post by Hype » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 am

if trump wins i hope he is our best president ever.
The great thing about that sentence is that it's obviously true, because you can only hope for something that you fear won't be true, and that you don't know will or won't happen.

The problem with it is that we have way too much evidence that this hope is delusional. Mitt Romney lost for far less insane rhetoric. He just had binders of women, not entire pageants... :neutral:

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Best president ever: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/3 ... rt-all-you? ???
“I can’t wait until Trump is elected. He’s going to deport all you Muslims. Muslims shouldn’t be given visas. They’ll probably take away your visa and deport you. You’re going to be the next terrorist, I bet.”
A fucking teacher said that. :neutral:

Pandemonium

#24 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:49 pm

creep wrote:i think the united states will be in less turmoil in trump wins.

all the right wing nut jobs will just get even worse if hillary wins.

let the republicans have their four years. it won't take them long for them to turn on trump. there are checks and balances in place to keep him from doing anything too crazy. the rest of the world already hates us.

maybe in four years we can get two qualified candidates to choose from. :noclue:
Quite honestly I think in the likely case Clinton wins, everyday Trump supporters will go back to their daily lives with the typical ineffective whining that's marked the last 8 years under Obama. No protests, no riots, no dogs living with cats. On the other hand, if Trump wins I think there's a good chance there will be violent Nationwide protests.

There's a surprising number of people and businesses in my area that had pro-Trump lawn signs and banners on their storefronts. A lot of them have been vandalized the past couple months and just about everyone no longer has those signs on their property. This weekend I was behind a pickup at a stoplight and he had a Trump sticker on his tail gate which looked like someone took a screwdriver to it.

SR

#25 Post by SR » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Article II Sec 4 will be on everyone's radar should this nut be elected.

High crimes and misdemeanors will be the four hottest words with Constitutional scholars everywhere.

And there will be a fed level Civil War.

chaos

#26 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Pandemonium wrote:On the other hand, if Trump wins I think there's a good chance there will be violent Nationwide protests.

I think if that were to happen part of the fuel would be from Clinton winning the popular vote but not the electoral vote.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the ... ncreasing/

Bandit72

#27 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:49 am

This morning the UK is reporting a Trump lead.

Mind you they got Brexit wrong.

Hype

#28 Post by Hype » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:00 am

There's at least one other reputable prediction site: http://election.princeton.edu/2016/11/03/probabilities/

According to that guy... damn near 100% for Clinton... but then there was that AI software that predicts Trump... so I have no idea.

mockbee

#29 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 am

I have no faith in the electorate that reason will prevail in this election. We can only hope that the fear swings in the favor of Clinton...... I have witnessed my extended family's ( very traditionally "democrat" )voting methodologies and I would put this election astonishingly as a pure toss up.
:noclue:

SR

#30 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:32 pm

mockbee wrote:I have no faith in the electorate that reason will prevail in this election. We can only hope that the fear swings in the favor of Clinton...... I have witnessed my extended family's ( very traditionally "democrat" )voting methodologies and I would put this election astonishingly as a pure toss up.
This cycle has completely exposed the US. A Clinton victory is still a victory for the trumpanzees. What is astonishing to me is just how backwards this country is with the exception of the northern eastern seaboard and most of the western seaboard. It costs about 1500 to renounce my citizenship and there are FBI lists that are compiled to keep track of people who do. By the sheer minuscule number that do, I have to think they are nut job militia types. :noclue:

mockbee

#31 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:50 pm

We have all in one way or another succumbed to the media hysteria. Renouncing citizenship is just as insane as voting for Trump; as is not being concerned about the state of affairs; as is having faith in the system/Clinton to iron out this mess; as is Armageddon is upon us; as is everything is fine.

:drink:

SR

#32 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 pm

mockbee wrote:We have all in one way or another succumbed to the media hysteria. Renouncing citizenship is just as insane as voting for Trump; as is not being concerned about the state of affairs; as is having faith in the system/Clinton to iron out this mess; as is Armageddon is upon us; as is everything is fine.

:drink:
:lol: Well, ok; I have been accused of worse, so there's that. I really don't identify at all with where 1/2 this country is and want no part of it.

Though Trump doesn't need the media to paint him into the dangerous, messiah complex, misogynistic, demagogue corner.

He's a fucking lunatic with a real chance to win

kv

#33 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 pm

How are you just figuring this out now? You are what 50? This is stuff I knew when I was 13...why renounce when you have the opportunity to just bail? I know you are just venting but come on bro...

It will be far less peaceful it trump wins imho

Artemis

#34 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm so glad there's only 5 days left until this election is FINALLY over! I'm sick of it and I don't even live in your country. :lol:

mockbee

#35 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm

kv wrote:

It will be far less peaceful it trump wins imho
Because he is completely and totally incompetent. I don't see the people coming out of the woodwork with pitchforks and I don't see him dropping nuclear bombs, maybe the satire and verbal assaults will ratchet up from the left (as if it could anymore ) but that would be the worst from the people.
I would see essentially a government shutdown, indefinitely; and a constitutional crisis....

In reality I think with a Trump victory, he would be sworn in and then resign soon after, giving the presidency to Pence. This was fun for him, but he has no interest in being President. Still really bad, but then at least likely no Constitutional crisis and Armageddon.
Last edited by mockbee on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SR

#36 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm

That's it; I'm gonna tweet the fuck out of you losers and grab your pussys (when I can, because I can) :wiggle:

SR

#37 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:07 pm

But seriously, I think your takes on Dump are incredibly optimistic.

mockbee

#38 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:16 pm

SR wrote: I really don't identify at all with where 1/2 this country is and want no part of it.
Of that half, I think A LOT of them are quite poor(or struggle with the shitty state of affairs the elite hand down to them) and are quite angry/scared and hate the oppressive system that has kept them down for so long. This is just a giant FUCK YOU and has little to nothing to do with Trump beyond that. In their minds (maybe 1/3 of the populace) there is no where left to turn. People generally/substantially really don't like the guy (along with Clinton), he preys on the hate and people are looking for a voice of alarm.

And 1/4 of people are all out unabashed racist/misogynists, nothing new there.

Empathy is the best path forward for our country, no matter what the outcome.

Bandit72

#39 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:47 am

Artemis wrote:I'm so glad there's only 5 days left until this election is FINALLY over! I'm sick of it and I don't even live in your country. :lol:
Me too! You never know he might buld a wall between Canada and the states :lol:

I'm also sick of this Brexit shite. It's now having to go through parliament to be passed after the majority won the right to leave. All the leavers are up in arms.

Here's the 3 minute take on it.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/j ... it-ruling/

farrellgirl99

#40 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:31 pm

What concerns me most about a Trump presidency is the supreme court nominations. There will probably be three in the next four years. That alone is enough to terrify me.

But I also worry about how ineffectual the progressive agenda will be even if Clinton wins. With a republican senate and house again, Hillary wouldnt be able to enact anything anyway. It'll be the same gridlock as always. I just wish the entire House could be vacated of these right wing nutsacks, and then we could start clean again :lol:

Sigh, its depressing either way. But I obviously think it would be horrifying to have Trump as president, for so many reasons. Unfortunately, what he represents isn't going anywhere either way.

Artemis

#41 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
Artemis wrote:I'm so glad there's only 5 days left until this election is FINALLY over! I'm sick of it and I don't even live in your country. :lol:
Me too! You never know he might buld a wall between Canada and the states :lol:

I'm also sick of this Brexit shite. It's now having to go through parliament to be passed after the majority won the right to leave. All the leavers are up in arms.

Here's the 3 minute take on it.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/j ... it-ruling/
We've been getting all the Brexit news here. Things are pretty nutty in your neck of the woods too. I don't know a great deal about Theresa May, but she seems a bit of a disaster to me. On the plus side(for tourists planning to go to the UK) the pound has really dropped. 1 UK pound sterling = $1.68 Canadian. From my trip to the UK two years ago, that's almost a 20 cent drop.

As for Trump building a wall between Canada and the US, I say, go for it! We don't want Trump or any of the basket of deplorables up here anyway. :lol:

perkana

#42 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Gael beat you to it...

kv

#43 Post by kv » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Hell Canada will be building a wall to keep the American s out and we'll have to hire Mexicans to teach us how to get past it

Bandit72

#44 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 am

Why is North Carolina so important? I caught briefly on the news yesterday that they hold 15 of the electors or something? Is it one of the 50/50 we haven't a clue who we're voting for states?

kv

#45 Post by kv » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:27 am

Yes, it is one of the "battleground" states both are fighting for...Clinton needs a state or two of these according to polls...trump needs most of them to win..so Clinton winning just 1 or 2 seals it for her...so the whole race is those states...some states like California have been Democrat by a large percentage for decades now.

Florida has huge electoral votes...if trump can't win it this election will be over in a hurry (it will be imho)