Sean Spicer

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
farrellgirl99

Re: Sean Spicer

#21 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:52 pm

this batshit scaramucci article/interview is well worth your time

apparently, the white house communications director does not understand on/off the record

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizz ... eve-bannon
Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”

Hype

#22 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:20 pm

I always thought George W. Bush was really dumb, but he went to Harvard and Yale. Trump is dumb, but I think it's more amazing that he manages to surround himself with people even dumber than himself, which is the opposite of what Bush did. :neutral:

kv

#23 Post by kv » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:37 pm

Ya I agree with your train of thought...as bad as it was when he won... I also wrongly assumed he would be surrounded by smarter people

Juana

#24 Post by Juana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Hype wrote:I always thought George W. Bush was really dumb, but he went to Harvard and Yale. Trump is dumb, but I think it's more amazing that he manages to surround himself with people even dumber than himself, which is the opposite of what Bush did. :neutral:
Donald is the smartest POTUS ever, going to be the greatest one ever.

Hype

#25 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

I think the United States can survive even 8 years of Trump, but the most fucked up thing is that it's no longer crazy to think that all three branches of the US federal government are in serious long-term trouble. A whole bunch more Supreme Court justices could die/retire in the next eight years, leaving the world with an American judiciary stocked by Trump picks. The open threats to a free press... Trump's election seems to be part of a world-wide rise of a brutal form of corporation-led right-wing populism (aka fascism) which is alarming to anyone who has any understanding of why most of Europe has been at peace for the past 75 years. The Tea Party/birther shit seems to have just been the beginning. :neutral: It's not the majority of Americans (or the majority anywhere, really!) -- it's the fact that these crazy leaders are getting into power WITHOUT democratic support, and everyone seems to be dropping standard liberal values whenever they conflict with certain special interests. It's really, really, really fucked up.

chaos

#26 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:05 pm