White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Re: White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

#76 Post by Artemis » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:24 pm

This firing worried me. I don't think it bodes well when the guy who opposed using US troops on US soil,Esper, gets fired right after Cheeto lost the election and just as he's ramping up his bid to retain power.

mockbee

#77 Post by mockbee » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:58 pm

I see Trump building reinforcements for a bargaining chip.
Dems love the autocrat/dictator/not leaving story--------he is going to leverage that for every ounce he can get.

True...? Why wouldn't it be.....? :noclue:

The more Dems push the autocrat story, the more powerful the bargaining chip.

He is going to request an audit on the voting software, Dominion.
Dominion machines were used in most all the swing states.
Based in Toronto! :wink:

There have been problems with tabulations in the past, not necessarily because of illicit human intervention. But problems none the less.
Dominion Voting Systems is Canada’s largest election system provider, with deployments nationwide. Currently, Dominion provides optical scan paper ballot tabulation systems for provincial elections, including Ontario and New Brunswick. Dominion also provides ballot tabulation and voting systems for Canada's major party leadership elections, including the Liberal Party of Canada, the Conservative Party of Canada, and the PC Party of Ontario.[10][11][12]

Ontario was the first Canadian province to use Dominion's tabulator machines in the 2006 elections.[13] New Brunswick used Dominion's 763 tabulator machines in the 2014 provincial elections.[14] There were some problems with the reporting of tabulator counts after the election, and at 10:45 p.m Elections New Brunswick officially suspended the results reporting count with 17 ridings still undeclared.[15] The Progressive Conservatives and the People's Alliance of New Brunswick called for a hand count of all ballots. Recounts were held in 7 of 49 ridings and the results were upheld with variations of no more than 1 vote per candidate per riding.[16] This delay in results reporting was caused by an off-the-shelf software application unrelated to Dominion.[17]

In June 2018, Elections Ontario used Dominion's tabulator machines for the provincial election and deployed them at 50 percent of polling stations.[18][19]
Going to Supreme Court?? That's were Trump and Repubs are trying to go with this, as far as I see.
Important that he gets the public audit though. And as much attention as possible. More weird shit from Trump to get attention for this I imagine.

Dems will have no room to refuse an audit to prove there was a fair election, because otherwise........ he WILL NOT LEAVE! :yikes: :wink:

NOTE!

I'm not saying for a second that Dominion was hacked.

I think Trump and Repubs think it was hacked. Who knows it if it was or not. It's not likely, but also not impossible. :noclue:

Just where I could see it going. :wink:

Maybe none of that will happen.....but it could.....? :scared: :confused: :essence: :lol:

Me and al ....... :bday: :lolol:

:cool:
:wave:

chaos

#78 Post by chaos » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Artemis wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:24 pm
This firing worried me. I don't think it bodes well when the guy who opposed using US troops on US soil,Esper, gets fired right after Cheeto lost the election and just as he's ramping up his bid to retain power.
As always, he is putting his ego before the best interest of the country.
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5247 ... hief-esper

“At the end of the day, it’s as I said — you’ve got to pick your fights,” he added. “I could have a fight over anything, and I could make it a big fight, and I could live with that —why? Who’s going to come in behind me? It’s going to be a real ‘yes man.’ And then God help us.”

National security experts and some lawmakers have warned about the dangers of having a rudderless Pentagon during the presidential transition period if U.S. adversaries such as Russia and China try to cause trouble.

In addition to speculation about Esper, questions have also swirled about the fate of other national security leaders, including FBI Director Christopher Wray and CIA Director Gina Haspel.

“The disarray of the lame duck Trump White House, especially in the national security space, could be staggering. And our adversaries may try to take advantage,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) tweeted Sunday.

“Like I said yesterday. Trump is creating a dangerously unstable national security environment during this transition period. Adversaries are watching,” Murphy added in a tweet Monday after Trump fired Esper.

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith (D-Wash.) called the ouster during the transition period “destabilizing.”
Installing Miller as acting Defense chief leapfrogs over Deputy Defense Secretary David Norquist, who is in line to fill the role under the Vacancies Reform Act, which Trump has routinely flouted.

Questions are also being raised about whether Miller’s appointment violates the law requiring a seven-year period between retiring from active military duty and becoming Defense secretary. Miller retired from the Army in 2014. In 2017, Congress approved a waiver to allow Mattis, who retired from active duty in 2013, to be Pentagon chief.

A Senate Armed Services Committee aide said the panel does not believe the cooling-off period applies to an acting secretary, though they added the "final determination" lies with the Justice Department.
The firing also means Trump is ending his tenure with his fourth acting Defense secretary in less than two years.

Artemis

#79 Post by Artemis » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:53 pm

mockbee

#80 Post by mockbee » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 am

:noclue:

:lol: