Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President
No votes
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Press Secretary
No votes
General Mattis, Secretary of Defense
8%
Lt. Colonel H.R. McMaster, National Security Advisor
No votes
Robert Mueller, Special Counsel (Russian Investigation)
8%
Anthony Scaramucci, Communications Director
8%
Jeff Sessions, Attorney General
38%
Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State
23%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 13

Hype

Re: Poll: Who's Next

#21 Post by Hype » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

The best thing about democracy is that every so often, different corrupt idiots ruin everything!

Also, Biden/Booker 2020 is my prediction.

JOEinPHX

#22 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 pm

The next one was the White House Ethics Lawyer

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... er-resigns
A White House ethics lawyer reportedly resigned last week.

James Schultz, whose work included ethics and financial disclosure issues, is planning to go back to his private practice at Cozen O'Connor, a Philadelphia-based law firm, Politico reported.

"That was something Don [McGahn, the White House counsel] and I discussed very early on," Schultz told the news outlet.

"I was interested in continuing with private practice and saw this as a tremendous opportunity to go serve and get things up and running and the plan was to move on about this time."
He added that people typically stay in these positions for a year to 18 months.

Schultz also told Politico he would be willing to take part in the public debate regarding conflicts of interests in the Trump administration.

"That'll be something I'd be willing to do, certainly, getting out and talking about the good work the Trump administration is doing on these issue," he said.

"I will be out, but I don't plan to make a career out of being a pundit on TV. ... I'm planning to have a robust law practice."

He added that some members of the media "unfairly criticize this administration and take every opportunity to take shots, even when they're not justified."

"There has been undue attention. ... We've been more onerous in making people divest and recuse than the agencies would have required," Schultz told the news outlet.

"There have been folks out there trying to make a name for themselves in that space by being critics in order to set themselves up for other positions down the road."

He specifically pointed to Walter Shaub, the former director of the Office of Government Ethics, who has been a frequent critic of the administration. Shaub last week said he filed a complaint with a federal watchdog over White House counselor Kellyanne Conway's comments on the Alabama Senate race.

“It became pretty evident early on that Shaub’s goal was to [set] himself up to be a pundit when he left government," Schultz said.

"Nobody knew who Walter Shaub was before Donald Trump became president. ... He immediately thrust himself into the limelight instead of being helpful on the issues where he could have been. It was more about him than about ethics.”

chaos

#23 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am

Buh-bye Rex. :drink: (Tom Cotton - CIA Director? :yikes: )

Can't wait for newsdump Friday. :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/p ... p=cur&_r=0

White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo, Within Weeks

By Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman
Nov. 30, 2017

WASHINGTON — The White House has developed a plan to force out Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, whose relationship with President Trump has been strained, and replace him with Mike Pompeo, the C.I.A. director, within the next several weeks, senior administration officials said on Thursday.

Mr. Pompeo would be replaced at the C.I.A. by Senator Tom Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas who has been a key ally of the president on national security matters, according to the White House plan. Mr. Cotton has signaled that he would accept the job if offered, said the officials, who insisted on anonymity to discuss sensitive deliberations before decisions are announced.

Artemis

#24 Post by Artemis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 pm

:lol:

kv

#25 Post by kv » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:39 pm

:lolol: thats mint

JOEinPHX

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am

chaos

#27 Post by chaos » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am

:lol:

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 pm

The comments alone reinforce my desire to stay away from most social media.

chaos

#29 Post by chaos » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Soooo, apparently John Kelly and John Bolton had a shouting match outside the oval office yesterday. I wonder who will ultimately be top dog there. :pop: :lol:

I think Sessions will be next, after the mid-terms (assuming DT can restrain himself until then).