Politics

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Message
Author
User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 2239
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am

Re: Politics

#61 Post by mockbee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 am

Hype wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 pm
I can see how someone who isn't racist might have voted for an already racist candidate. But I can't see how anyone who isn't racist could vote for him again and still not be racist. Voting for Trump in 2020 will be a racist act whether anyone likes it or not. Listen to Steve Bannon. Whether this "helps" or not is irrelevant. It needs to be said.
I agree it would be a racist act, and I think that it was a racist act the first time. It should be acknowledged.

If it is framed that 50% of Americans are beyond redemption, out and out racists by a group of elite liberals though, that just won't work. Democrats can't let Trump frame that debate.

Obama was really, really smart.

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 6465
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Politics

#62 Post by Hype » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:26 am

mockbee wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 am
Hype wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 pm
I can see how someone who isn't racist might have voted for an already racist candidate. But I can't see how anyone who isn't racist could vote for him again and still not be racist. Voting for Trump in 2020 will be a racist act whether anyone likes it or not. Listen to Steve Bannon. Whether this "helps" or not is irrelevant. It needs to be said.
I agree it would be a racist act, and I think that it was a racist act the first time. It should be acknowledged.

If it is framed that 50% of Americans are beyond redemption, out and out racists by a group of elite liberals though, that just won't work. Democrats can't let Trump frame that debate.

Obama was really, really smart.
Yeah. So, I have it on pretty good authority that Booker is that same type, at least in theory, and always has been (I know people who knew him at Oxford / Yale -- like Clinton, Obama, etc., he was thinking 20 years ahead...). That's why I've said that he's likely to have a good shot at beating Trump, unless he does something disastrously stupid, or fails to capture enough of the Midwest vote that Clinton absolutely tanked.

lollapaloser
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: Politics

#63 Post by lollapaloser » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Booker's got a confirmed groping in his past though doesn't he?

User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 2239
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am

Re: Politics

#64 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm

lollapaloser wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Booker's got a confirmed groping in his past though doesn't he?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... c233484719

This would be a non-issue with a swing voter, but I don't know how he gets out of a competitive primary in our current climate.

I've not been terribly impressed by the guy. :noclue:

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 6465
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Politics

#65 Post by Hype » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 pm

mockbee wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm
lollapaloser wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Booker's got a confirmed groping in his past though doesn't he?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... c233484719

This would be a non-issue with a swing voter, but I don't know how he gets out of a competitive primary in our current climate.

I've not been terribly impressed by the guy. :noclue:
That is a very different case than the MeToo stuff though... :confused: We'll see.

Post Reply