Predictions....

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
mockbee

Re: Predictions....

#21 Post by mockbee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 am

I still think it will be Reagan like. It will depend on the Third party component though. Bloomberg or Bernie going rogue.

With Biden and Bernie pissed/cheated and not running third party and Bloomberg out, not running third.
That is going to be really really rough..... :wave:

Hype

#22 Post by Hype » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:35 am

mockbee wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 am
I still think it will be Reagan like. It will depend on the Third party component though. Bloomberg or Bernie going rogue.

With Biden and Bernie pissed/cheated and not running third party and Bloomberg out, not running third.
That is going to be really really rough..... :wave:
Can we resurrect Ross Perot?

mockbee

#23 Post by mockbee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:36 am

Hype wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:14 am
If the choice is Trump vs. Bloomberg, probably Bloomberg would be better for the future of the nation, since he doesn't seem to have the same unfettered, stupid, authoritarian streak Trump does. Plus it would avoid emboldening the worst elements of the Republican party into thinking the destructive party could continue.
I don't know about that. I think Trump is awful for domestic stuff. But his foreign affairs is actually pretty interesting, maybe it's just luck. :hs:
Really like the no wars thing... :noclue:
Domestically, seems to be just a stress test on the constitutional system. And the system seems to be holding for the most part. Maybe it's good it's in the open. This shit has always happened. Just behind closed doors before.

:noclue:
I think Bernie is not likely to win against Trump either, though. And I still think, as I always have, that any woman would have a hard time against Trump because the American electorate still contains a large and unchecked misogynist element (in exactly the same way it contains a height bias; even though Clinton received more votes than Trump, these were regionally locked in precisely the way you'd expect given widespread misogyny outside of coastal cities).
I think a woman can win. Not Warren or Klobuchar though. Clinton could have won if she campaigned smarter in the last couple months. Agreed though on the pervasive misogyny..

Hype

#24 Post by Hype » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 am

the system seems to be holding for the most part.
Barely. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/p ... -barr.html

If Ginsberg dies in the near future (which is totally possible), the Supreme Court is fucked, and it's unclear how bad this will get for challenges to previous court decisions like Roe v. Wade, etc.

mockbee

#25 Post by mockbee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 am

Hype wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 am
the system seems to be holding for the most part.
Barely. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/p ... -barr.html

If Ginsberg dies in the near future (which is totally possible), the Supreme Court is fucked, and it's unclear how bad this will get for challenges to previous court decisions like Roe v. Wade, etc.
For sure a major concern. The corporate/anti-choice/environmentally destructive courts is the biggest concern.....

mockbee

#26 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 am

Pence is being set up as the fall guy by Trump for coronavirus.

We will see a new VP for 2020 election.
:wave:

mockbee

#27 Post by mockbee » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:44 am

mockbee wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 am
Pence is being set up as the fall guy by Trump for coronavirus.

We will see a new VP for 2020 election.
:wave:

Trump is such an asshole..... :essence: :no:

Pence can't quit, if he could I bet he would..... : :flip: :no:

Last month I honestly was going to have a really hard time voting for Biden. He is the epitome of what is wrong with the Democrats and they have runvthe same guy for the last 50 years. Just got really really lucky with Clinton and Obama. They haven't learned their lesson yet???!!!!

But I'll vote for Biden. Being unresponsive to disaster is unacceptable.......that's really one of the only things that is nonnegotiable as a leader. :no: