Coronavirus

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
guysmiley

Re: Coronavirus

#921 Post by guysmiley » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 am

Sorry KV. There was a small outbreak at my son's kindergarten. I had to get in an argument with my boss to take a day off so we could get tested. It didn't even cross my eldery dimwit boss that I was putting him at risk by being at work. The kid was a champ and didn't cry during the test. We're negative. But that was a whole week with the kindergarten shut down. Hard to get by. Even harder when your company doesn't have a game plan. I'm quitting mid March. Fuck this guy.

mockbee

#922 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:03 pm

I don't know about everyone else.... but i'm starting to get tired of this corona thing........ :neutral:

:balls: :jasper:

:lol:

Larry B.

#923 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Over here, the government is trying to score some points by purchasing a lot of vaccines (while still killing people in the streets and shooting at protesters.) Seems like Chile has one of the higher vaccination rates so far. My wife got vaccinated yesterday and has to have another shot next month. Two friends got vaccinated too. I’m not in any way a priority human being, so I can see myself getting the vaccine at the very last (if at all).

Mask-wearing at social ocassions is at an all-time low here, but people are wearing them when out and about. I only take it off when I’m home.

Thankfully, all my close relatives have kept their health so far.

Artemis

#924 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:41 pm

The vaccine roll out in my province is going slow! People in LTC homes have all been vaccinated.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5925705

The schedule for the rest of the population:

March 15th is when on-line booking will start.
Officials expect to begin vaccinating people 80 years and over by the third week of March.

The proposed schedule in the following weeks, Hillier said, will look something like this as long as supplies of vaccine stay steady:

April 15: vaccinations begin for people 75 years old and over.
May 1: vaccinations begin for people 70 years old and over.
June 1: vaccinations begin for people 65 years and over.
July 1: vaccinations begin for people 60 years and over.
I guess for my age group, I'll be able to get one in September. :noclue:

Toronto is still in "stay at home" order until March 9th at least. Schools started last week.

mockbee

#925 Post by mockbee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Wow. You guys are really slow..... :hs:

My Dad got last dose last week, two doses Moderna.

My mom is waiting for Jonhson & Johnson "One amd done!" She always says.... :lol:

My sister got it almost three weeks ago, Pfizer. She is 41 and has no health problems. She works at the VA and at first they were giving it go most at risk and front line, but they couldn't get people to fill the slots available, so they opened it up to all employees, or else they would have had to throw away doses.... She figured she's getting it sometime, and later it will be impossible, so why not.... :noclue:

I'm prpbably not going to be eligible until Sept either....

Its like a Hamilton ticket.... :lol:

intertwoven

#926 Post by intertwoven » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm

mockbee wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm
My sister got it almost three weeks ago, Pfizer. She is 41 and has no health problems. She works at the VA and at first they were giving it go most at risk and front line, but they couldn't get people to fill the slots available, so they opened it up to all employees, or else they would have had to throw away doses.... She figured she's getting it sometime, and later it will be impossible, so why not.... :noclue:
Yeah, my wife and I snagged a couple "otherwise will be thrown away" leftover doses at the end of the day yesterday thanks to a family connection basically pushing it on us. We didn't have any intention of skipping the line, but hey, if they'd be going to waste otherwise, sure.

Artemis

#927 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:45 pm

mockbee wrote:

Its like a Hamilton ticket.... :lol:
:lolol:

The enhancements that Moderna & Pfizer had to make to their facilities to meet the production demand really delayed delivery.

mockbee

#928 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:32 am

intertwoven wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm
mockbee wrote:
Yeah, my wife and I snagged a couple "otherwise will be thrown away" leftover doses at the end of the day yesterday thanks to a family connection basically pushing it on us. We didn't have any intention of skipping the line, but hey, if they'd be going to waste otherwise, sure.
Congrats! :wave:
You're in NE Portland right?

Multnomah County is a zoo.....on OHA site now trying to schedule for my mom, its a joke.

Where did you get it at? I imagine there were leftover doses for the 75 and above and they needed to get rid of them before the next group was eligible....? Or teachers that didn't fill slots.....

What a mess..... :drink:

intertwoven

#929 Post by intertwoven » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 am

Yeah, it was at a Providence campus down in Wilsonville. I was really just along for the ride and had taken an edible before the phone call telling us to get down there, so it was a bit of an adventure. :lol: :cool:

mockbee

#930 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:31 am

Outside of having vaccines, best news in a while.
It's really working well.....
:rockon:
Covid-19 Live Updates: Single Pfizer Dose Strongly Protects Those Who’ve Had the Virus, Studies Find
Two new pieces of research support the case for giving just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine to people who have antibodies against the virus. The F.D.A. is meeting Friday to consider the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

kv

#931 Post by kv » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:30 pm

It's such a fucking shit show rollout though...my mom gets her second shot (we hope) next Tuesday...a week late but better than those that can't get it for damn sure...

kv

#932 Post by kv » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Curious who here has got a shot already? Don't think anyone is even in the age bracket yet...but I keep hearing people finding a way...I just hope I have mine by summer...

mockbee

#933 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Yeah. You have to know somebody who knows somebody or just pure luck in Oregon to get a shot.

The only way my dad got a shot was his friend said Albertsons pharmacy got a surprise shipment when his friend was there and said get down there now before the news gets out, he went straight there and the pharmacist signed him up for an appointment. Once the news got out the appointments were all booked already.

The state Health Authority website broke, again, no surprise there, when 70 and above were eligible yesterday.
They are addong 300k more people next week with 65+ eligible.... :neutral:
:banghead:

I don't think regular Joe's without connections are getting a shot anytime soon..... :lol:

Pandemonium

#934 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:58 am

So I had my first major run-in with an idiot in a grocery store who made a big deal about not wearing a mask.

I was in line about to pay for groceries when the clerk noticed this guy in a motorcycle outfit w/no mask doing self-checkout in the next isle over. The clerk tells the guy he needs to wear a mask if he's in the store and offered to get him one if he didn't have one. The guy gets all pissy saying "you don't know what you're talking about, you have no jurisdiction over me, it's all about control, blah blah blah." He starts loudly arguing with the clerk who's probably just out of High School and appears to immediately regret saying anything at all. I pop off telling the guy to stop being an asshole which set him off and he comes around and tells me to mind my own business and proceeds to throw his helmet at me which missed and went flying down the isle. Now it escalates to face to face and I'm saying "take your shot" and at that point 3 other clerks surround the guy trying to get him out of the store and it just gets more and more chaotic. Knowing cops are going to show up at any minute, I decide it wasn't worth it and walked out.

I just don't get people these days.

Larry B.

#935 Post by Larry B. » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 am

That’s awful. Sorry you went through that.

Pandemonium

#936 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Yeah, I’m not too high on humanity these days. Last Friday I got a call from my insurance regarding the accident where I got hit in front of Fingerprints Records in Long Beach last Summer. Turns out the guy that broadsided me and then slammed head on into another car later claimed neck injury and wants $20k for chiro work and of course, pain and suffering which my insurance is refusing to settle for. So the guy got some ambulance chaser to sue me directly. My insurance will of course cover everything win or lose and represent me if it makes it to court but the gall of this guy pisses me off.

Artemis

#937 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:08 pm

Today I pre-registered my mother to get a vaccine at the hospital close to her house. The pre-reg is not an appointment, but a queue to make an appointment. She should know when her appointment is in the next two weeks.

The PM announced that two million Canadians have been vaccinated and 500, 000 doses of the AstraZenica arrived today. It seems like this vaccine will be given to people under 65, but to be determined.

Next week Toronto will move into the "grey zone" from "stay at home" order. Basically, it's not much of a change but in-person shopping will resume with limits on number of people allowed inside at one time.

guysmiley

#938 Post by guysmiley » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 pm

Good news Art. I'm really shock life hasn't changed much at all here, and really not many consequences. Crazy Japanese have no sense of threat or danger most times. But almost everyone is wearing a mask. Almost done working for my shit boss and company. Relieved I won't have to deal with another quarantine quarrel.

mockbee

#939 Post by mockbee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 am

What do you do for work in Japan? :tiphat:

I think at one point, maybe a long time ago, you taught English.

Larry B.

#940 Post by Larry B. » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:07 am

Chile has (I think) the highest number of vaccinations per capita in the world, which is a good thing.

However, the number of positive COVID cases is the highest we’ve had since June 2020. Which is bad.

guysmiley

#941 Post by guysmiley » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 pm

mockbee wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 am

Still...but more test prep now. Soon mostly on my own.

mockbee

#942 Post by mockbee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:34 am

guysmiley wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 pm
mockbee wrote:

Cool! Good luck with that. :thumb:
I've been working professionally on my own the last 6 mos. or so and it's been great so far. COVID actually really helped in that respect because people are far more interested in contracting work out with the uncertainty and everything is remote anyways, and looks like may stay that way in a lot of respects permanently.

Artemis

#943 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:28 pm

A little apres-vaxx bhangra dance.

Love this guy!
Gurdeep Pandher of Yukon

Yesterday, I received my Covid-19 vaccine. Then I went to a frozen lake to dance Bhangra on it for joy, hope and positivity, which I'm forwarding across Canada and beyond for everyone's health and wellbeing.

guysmiley

#944 Post by guysmiley » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 pm

mockbee wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:34 am
guysmiley wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 pm
mockbee wrote:

Cool! Good luck with that. :thumb:
I've been working professionally on my own the last 6 mos. or so and it's been great so far. COVID actually really helped in that respect because people are far more interested in contracting work out with the uncertainty and everything is remote anyways, and looks like may stay that way in a lot of respects permanently.
I'm just sick of others making money off the skills I have. I'm the product here, so......yeah. Done with my a-hole boss.

mockbee

#945 Post by mockbee » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:04 pm

くそ上司

:rockon: