Coronavirus

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
perkana

Re: Coronavirus

#1051 Post by perkana » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:46 am

Bandit72 wrote: I had my Astra Zeneca jab a month ago. Felt awful the next day. No temperature but weirdly, felt extremely hot and lethargic. Woke up at 3 am and could't get back to sleep. Was absolutely fine the next day albeit a sore arm.
I felt like crap 8 hours after my first shot (chills, headache, muscular ache, throat ache and runny nose). After my second dose just this Wednesday I only had a sore arm but just for two days. I'm just happy that all in my family are fully vaxed, especially my nieces since they are all back in school (two in junior high school and the eldest one is a sophomore in hs :yikes:)

perkana

#1052 Post by perkana » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:54 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:36 pm
Cases are going up again here too. Today Ontario had 531 new cases. Of those, 456 are unvaccinated, 75 were fully vaccinated.

To date , 74% of people in the province 12 and older are fully vaccinated.
Here most cases have been unvaccinated. Unfortunately there have been breakthrough cases for vaccinated. One of my first cousins (and his whole family) got Covid. Both he and his wife were vaccinated but my cousin died.
So if you get infected please get treated as soon as you can even if you are vaccinated.

Artemis

#1053 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:28 pm

F*** Omicron!! :wavesad:

I don't think I can take another lockdown. I'm not going to off myself or anything like that, but I feel down about the latest situation.

In my province. some restrictions are being reinstated again, like 1/2 capacity for venues for sports and entertainment, mandatory masks in public places(shops, transit, etc).

Booked my booster on the 26th.

Another COVID Christmas... :nyrexall:

Stay safe everyone!

kv

#1054 Post by kv » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 pm

So it goes...got my booster last week...nobody ever said a pandemic would be easy...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1055 Post by Hokahey » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:48 pm

kv wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 pm
So it goes...got my booster last week...nobody ever said a pandemic would be easy...
I've been boosted for a minute. I've said it before - jab me monthly for all I care. If it'll keep me alive then great. I felt like shit for a day after, then right as rain. No big deal. The fact that there are morons still cry-babying about getting even one shot blows my mind. But, they'll all get sick and/or die eventually. :noclue:

mockbee

#1056 Post by mockbee » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 am

We've had mask mandates indoor and outdoor for almost two years now for all adults (vaccinated and unvaccinated). We had a month repreive last August, and they just released the outdoor mandate last month.

The health authority is saying they are making the indoor mask and separation requirements permanent, (wont review policy at any specificied date) and just need signature of governor. :crazy:

80% of Oregonians over 18 are vaccinated and we all have to wear masks at all times, into perpetuity

:waits:

:noclue:

Pandemonium

#1057 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:42 am

Just before Thanksgiving, my wife, son and I all got our 3rd Moderna booster. Just mildly sore arms for a day for my wife and I, our son again was a little tired and slept a lot the following day but no big deal. I would guess getting a booster shot every 4-6 months is going to be a "thing" the next few years.

Last weekend my wife and I did our first "event" thing since I last saw a concert in Dec 2019. Unfortunately it wasn't a rock show, it was The Nutcracker. The orchestra was great but I'm not a fan of all the prancey stuff. It was weird having to show a Covid vaccine card, match it with my drivers license and have to wear a mask in the big theater (Segerstrom Center) the whole performance. There were a few ushers with the thankless job of having "Wear Your Mask" handheld signs but no one hassled them. What was weird was all the adult performers were maskless but the child dancers wore masks (obviously because they're too young to be vaxxed yet). By the last half of the ballet, I was dying trying to keep from constantly sneezing from the fuckin' mask but I survived.

Considering the ramp up in new cases and all the restrictions being reinstated, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least big shows are again cancelled or moved to late Spring next year. It's already happening with sports.

Artemis

#1058 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Triple vaxxxed now, got my 3rd dose this morning.

Yesterday we had almost 10,500 cases in Ontario and just under 10,000 today. I'm sure after the holidays it will be worse. On the plus side, my return to office will be delayed now, was supposed to go back in March to hybrid style (2 days per week in office).

Artemis

#1059 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:06 am

Here we go again...back in lockdown. Schools back to remote learning until at least the 17th, remote work if possible, indoor dining closed, concert venues, theatres, gyms, reduced gathering sizes, personal services (salons,barber) half capacity, reduced capacity in malls, shops, and so on. At least we don't have a curfew like in Quebec.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1060 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-jo ... 022-01-03/

I honestly feel like this is the right path, and the future of this pandemic. We don't want to crush hospitals, but we can't shut down society so the unvaccinated can be better protected. When 90% in the ICU are not boosted, there is no reason to punish boosted individuals. Hopefully we do not encounter a variant that becomes more deadly instead of less, and between vaccines and infection immunity this thing can start to fade in to the background.

Artemis

#1061 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:43 am

As of March 21st, masking requirements will be dropped in my province. A couple of exceptions apply like hospital settings, LTC homes.
I will continue to mask up on public transit or crowded places.

My "Return to Office" date is May 16th.
May will be one day in office per week, June will be two days per week, July will be full hybrid- 3days in office, 2 days at home.

I'm looking forward to it and also a little bit anxious.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1062 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:47 pm

Artemis wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:43 am
As of March 21st, masking requirements will be dropped in my province. A couple of exceptions apply like hospital settings, LTC homes.

May will be one day in office per week, June will be two days per week, July will be full hybrid- 3days in office, 2 days at home.

For the first time since the pandemic started I've mostly dropped the mask. Then again, the most crowded place I ever go is the grocery store. I have some concerts coming up, and I'll probably mask for those. But with numbers being so low, I feel like these are the lulls where we have to live life semi normally. I regret not letting my guard down more last Spring when numbers were so low. I kept thinking "just a little longer," then Delta, then Omicron. So fuck it. I've also finally come to the realization that there really is no avoiding ever getting it. So I'd rather let my guard down when hospitals aren't on the brink of collapse and my booster is fresh.

kv

#1063 Post by kv » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:40 am

My sister is a grade school teacher....they dropped the mask mandate and she and her husband now have covid...numbers are still way too high another month or so of masks for me...but trust me I get the fatigue

Artemis

#1064 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:05 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:47 pm
Artemis wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:43 am

For the first time since the pandemic started I've mostly dropped the mask. Then again, the most crowded place I ever go is the grocery store. I have some concerts coming up, and I'll probably mask for those. But with numbers being so low, I feel like these are the lulls where we have to live life semi normally. I regret not letting my guard down more last Spring when numbers were so low. I kept thinking "just a little longer," then Delta, then Omicron. So fuck it. I've also finally come to the realization that there really is no avoiding ever getting it. So I'd rather let my guard down when hospitals aren't on the brink of collapse and my booster is fresh.
I'm ready to live again but with some caution. I'm the primary caregiver to my 84 year old mother, so have to be careful. If she gets Covid it would be from me or the PSW who helps her.

Throughout the pandemic I've been using public transit(buses mainly) as well as going grocery shopping regularly.

Looking forward to some concerts again and live sporting events like baseball, basketball.

Pandemonium

#1065 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Well, it took 2 1/2 years but I’m in the club now.

I’m about two days into it. Started out Sunday with sinus allergy-like symptoms, lotta post nasal drip, scratchy throat. Monday morning, I knew I was getting sick, low grade fever, achy joints, headache between the eyes, zero energy. Two positive tests confirmed it. Really, the worse thing so far is all the snot going in my stomach feels like I have acid in my belly. Now I’m like on a baby’s schedule, confined to the spare bedroom, I sleep 3 hours, up three hours, mostly watch some tv or read, rinse and repeat. Although I’ve been much sicker in the past from various flus, it’s been about 10+ years since I’ve been even mildly ill.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1066 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:45 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:31 pm
Well, it took 2 1/2 years but I’m in the club now.

I’m about two days into it. Started out Sunday with sinus allergy-like symptoms, lotta post nasal drip, scratchy throat. Monday morning, I knew I was getting sick, low grade fever, achy joints, headache between the eyes, zero energy. Two positive tests confirmed it. Really, the worse thing so far is all the snot going in my stomach feels like I have acid in my belly. Now I’m like on a baby’s schedule, confined to the spare bedroom, I sleep 3 hours, up three hours, mostly watch some tv or read, rinse and repeat. Although I’ve been much sicker in the past from various flus, it’s been about 10+ years since I’ve been even mildly ill.
Welcome friend. I just got it for the first time last month. After 3 days of suffering I got Paxlovid, and was right as rain a few hours after the first dose. Highly recommended. My taste/smell is still a little weird, which sucks because I love to cook. But better than some of the alternatives.

SR

#1067 Post by SR » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:13 am

Had a cold all last week...some aches, sneezing, congestion, and flema verde. I'm not really social, but I do work fulltime and am in and out of a restaurant...never got it. Vaxed and boosted, but I think I am the only one I know who hasn't. Wife tested positive for 3 weeks a couple of months ago. Feel better

trevor ayer

#1068 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:59 am

cut way back on sugar and diary about 8 years ago .. haven't even had the sniffles since .. stopped taking vaccines and eating meat 30 years ago .. haven't had a flu since .. haven't worn a mask or stayed home since this bs started .. still no sniffles .. I don't believe in "germ theory" and have yet to find a reason to .. just another perspective in case you want to take control of your health away from these drug pushing predator pharma reps who pretend to care about your health .. they don't make any money keeping you healthy

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1069 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:43 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:59 am
cut way back on sugar and diary about 8 years ago .. haven't even had the sniffles since .. stopped taking vaccines and eating meat 30 years ago .. haven't had a flu since .. haven't worn a mask or stayed home since this bs started .. still no sniffles .. I don't believe in "germ theory" and have yet to find a reason to .. just another perspective in case you want to take control of your health away from these drug pushing predator pharma reps who pretend to care about your health .. they don't make any money keeping you healthy
Your anecdotal experience is evidence of exactly nothing. Although, making healthy life choices will of course better your odds of getting less sick. In regards to vaccines, I'll trust my friends with PHDs.

Pandemonium

#1070 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:45 pm
Welcome friend. I just got it for the first time last month. After 3 days of suffering I got Paxlovid, and was right as rain a few hours after the first dose. Highly recommended. My taste/smell is still a little weird, which sucks because I love to cook. But better than some of the alternatives.
I’ve been on the Paxlovid regime since Tuesday and I honestly don’t know if it’s lessening symptoms or not. It’s pretty much status quo, not getting any sicker, not getting any better yet. If I didn’t have to stay away from the wife and son and could get outta the house and go places, this wouldn’t be a big deal.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1071 Post by Hokahey » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:55 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:40 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:45 pm
I’ve been on the Paxlovid regime since Tuesday and I honestly don’t know if it’s lessening symptoms or not. It’s pretty much status quo, not getting any sicker, not getting any better yet. If I didn’t have to stay away from the wife and son and could get outta the house and go places, this wouldn’t be a big deal.
I did take it when my symptoms were seemingly getting better, but it definitely had a very fast impact. And yes, the quarantine part was the worst. It took us 11 days to test negative, so we tried really hard not to go anywhere.

clickie

#1072 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:11 am

So how are you doing Panda, you hanging in there? my aunt Margaret just got it she's not doing very well.

clickie

#1073 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:34 am

My Aunt is 98 she's in a facility but all the sudden covid hit there. I'm not even allowed to go visit her.

kv

#1074 Post by kv » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear that man

Pandemonium

#1075 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:44 am

So I thought I was through this. I finished my 5 day run of Paxlovid last weekend and tested negative on Sunday. While I never felt 100% the succeeding few days, I'd say I was feeling just a bit run down with low energy, no big deal. I wake up Wednesday morning feeling like total crap and have a low grade fever, test myself and it's positive again. I imagine this is supposed to be the Paxlovid "rebound" but I actually feel more shitty then I have since this all started a week and a half ago. Worse, I gotta isolate again for at least another 5 days.