:cool:

chaos

Re: 2020 US Racial/Political Protests and Riots

#263 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:37 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:21 pm
If that's parody it got me... :balls:

It's not a parody.

I guess I should have said it's like a live caricature.

Never mind. I'm ruining the joke by having to explain myself.

(I'm so misunderstood. :sulk: :lol: )

kv

#264 Post by kv » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:46 pm

:lolol: no it's me I was just explaining the irony of the video in a dif thread...then saw this and thought I was duped lol

chaos

#265 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Who's on first? :lol:

mockbee

#266 Post by mockbee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:40 pm

How is it not a parody....?

The dudes wearing a mask.

:hs:

:nod:
:lol:

mockbee

#267 Post by mockbee » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 am

Since ANTIFA won (no more Fascist in the White House!) when Biden was elected, it must be MAGA folks dressed as ANTIFA who are rioting in Portland and Seattle....
:noclue:

:lol:

Hours After Inauguration, Federal Agents Use Tear Gas in Portland

Protesters who spent months in the streets in Portland, Ore., over racial injustice and inequality said President Biden’s promised changes “won’t save us.”

On Wednesday night, a crowd of at least 100 gathered in South Portland’s Elizabeth Caruthers Park with plans to march to a nearby Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. Around 9 p.m. the crowd began to move, chanting slogans protesting the United States’ detention and caging of migrant children. Protesters also decried Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and President Joe Biden and chanted, “Abolish ICE.” Upon reaching the building, several people spray-painted “Reunite families now” onto the wall of the ICE building.

The gathering was declared an unlawful assembly around 9:30 and the crowd was told that those who trespassed on federal property with weapons or “other dangerous items” would be arrested. Federal officers used tear gas and munitions several times; at one point, the air was so thick with gas and smoke that it was difficult to see. As of 10 p.m., Portland police had arrested at least one person.

Earlier Wednesday, a crowd of about 200 people, including self-described anarchists, marched in the city’s Central Eastside area and smashed windows at the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters. Some of the demonstrators carried a sign that read “We don’t want Biden, we want revenge!” in response to “police murders” and “imperialist wars.” Portland police said they arrested eight people.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-nort ... apter.html

mockbee

#268 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am

I don't see how Chauvin doesn't get off with the defense, that everyone (....i would think.... ? :hs: ), could see coming since almost a year ago. :noclue:

The autopsy report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office concludes the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." That conclusion, death due to heart failure, differs from the one reached by an independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; that report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."

This medical examiner's report does not mention asphyxiation. However, according to prosecutors, in charging documents filed last week, early results "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

The medical examiner's report also details blunt-force injuries to the skin of Floyd's head, face and upper lip, as well as the shoulders, hands and elbows and bruising of the wrists consistent with handcuffs.

Signed by Dr. Andrew M. Baker, it says Floyd had tested positive for the novel coronavirus on April 3. A post-mortem nasal swab confirmed that diagnosis. The report notes that because a positive result for coronavirus can persist for weeks after the disease has resolved, "the result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent ... positivity from previous infection."

In addition to fentanyl and methamphetamine, the toxicology report from the autopsy showed that Floyd also had cannabinoids in his system when he died.

Floyd also had heart disease, hypertension and sickle cell trait — a mostly asymptomatic form of the more serious sickle cell disease, an inherited blood disorder that primarily affects African Americans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... oronavirus

I would be petrified if I were on that jury. What a terrible situation for all involved. :no:

This is not going to be good. :wavesad: