Who is going to win the election - Nov 3, 2020 - Biden or Trump.....?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc

Who is going to win the election - Nov 3 2020 Biden or Trump.....?

BIDEN - without a doubt, he has gained the confidence of the country. Trump has given up and has no chance.
15%
Most likely Biden - greater than 75% chance. He is a flawed candidate but I really don't see him losing at this point.
45%
Hard to tell still, a lot can happen.....could really go both ways still.
25%
Most likely Trump - greater than 75% chance. He is a flawed candidate but I really don't see him losing at this point.
5%
TRUMP - without a doubt, he is a master manipulator and persuader. Biden is completely incompetent and/or incapable at this point.
10%

Total votes: 20

clickie

Re: Who is going to win the election - Nov 3, 2020 - Biden or Trump.....?

#41 Post by clickie » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:45 am

took them one day to count 98% of the votes, another few days for the other 2%

kv

#42 Post by kv » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 am
Is it possible for it to end in a 'draw'?

A bit like we can have a hung parliament?

269 tie...it was in play at one point...

mockbee

#43 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 am

This might be the best result we could all hope for, really. :nod:

Looks like Biden is going to win, legitimately. But he knows he is on razor thin ice. That's good for the country.

He can't go barnstorming the country, gloating that we had 4 years of a nightmare, all the while discounting, ignoring, admonishing and enraging half the population. If he got Texas and Florida and a bunch of other states I could see that happening and it would just rip us apart more.

He is going to have the hardest job going forward for sure. For sure. He has a disparate litter of ornery cats on his own side with the whole Squad back, and more!; and also a solid Republican wall on the other side, who actually gained seats. He is going to be able to do nothing, and everyone is going to hate him. He has no base. :noclue:

That includes; he will not be able to soften relations with China, (Pennsylvania/rust belt voters would never forgive him), he will not be able to tear apart the mid-east peace deals (since relatively peaceful relations exist now, poking a stick at Isreal and capitulating to Iran would be a really bad idea, even though the Squad/liberals will demand it), and a whole host of other things that are going well internationally that would be in serious jeopardy if there was a landslide Biden win.

Looks like there is just the typical incompetence and malfeasance out there as far as vote counting goes. Nothing to get excited about. Dictator/autocrat talk of Trunp is really far fetched. With corona, Trump would have been an autocrat loooong ago if he wanted that. He said leave control up to the states, a wannabe autocrat/dictator doesn't say that. :noclue:

Ian Bremmer lays it out perfectly..... :rockon:
If the vote count was closer, like one slippery litigation away from flipping the whole thing. We would be in trouble.

Trump could easily, legitimately find something slippery and the Supreme Court would side in his favor. That's not saying that there is some conspiracy to pack votes, just think of it like an IRS audit. If the IRS audited ANY legitimate business out there 9 times out of 10 they can find something wrong with the tax return. That's just the nature of the beast, anything really. Tax law/elections/regulations are extremely complex. There will be an error if you are looking for one. Most of the times they are pretty inconsequential and benign and at most result in a small fine or slap on the wrist, so no harm no foul. I think that's what we got here right now.....no signs of a major breech in elections that would show illicit activity on either side and a razor thin victory for Biden. :tiphat:

We're going to be fine. :thumb:

chaos

#44 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:15 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 21163.html

Georgia judge throws out Trump’s lawsuit over voter fraud in a blow to his electoral hopes
Donald Trump has lost his first challenge to electoral processes after a judge in Georgia dismissed his case

Harriet Alexander
15 seconds ago

A judge in Georgia has denied a Republican attempt to question the vote counting in the state, in the first ruling from a flurry of lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign.

The case was filed on Wednesday in Chatham County, after a Republican witness said, without providing evidence, that he did not know whether a pile of 53 ballots were received on time.

On Thursday morning Judge James Bass dismissed the case in a one-sentence ruling, without giving his reasoning.

"After listening to the evidence, I'm denying the request, dismissing the petition, thank you gentlemen," he concluded at the end of the hour-long hearing in Savannah.

In their complaint, the Trump campaign argued: “Failing to ensure that absentee ballots received after the deadline are stored in a manner to ensure that such ballots are not inadvertently or intentionally counted, as required under Georgia law, harms the interests of the Trump Campaign and President Trump because it could lead to the dilution of legal votes cast in support of President Trump."

The complaint also contained a sworn declaration by a poll watcher named Sean Pumphrey with a “vague account about a stack of 53 ballots,” according to lawandcrime.com.

He alleged, but provided no evidence of, impropriety.

Mr Pumphrey said he saw 53 ballots placed on a table separate from ballots in bins ready to go out to be counted.

Ben Perkins, a lawyer representing Chatham County, asked Mr Pumphrey if he had evidence those ballots arrived after 7pm on Election Day, and Mr Pumphrey said he did not know.

The board’s witness said the ballots were indeed received on time, and Sabrina German, the director of Chatham County's Voter Registration Office, backed up the board witness's testimony.

Jeff Harris, from the Democratic Party of Georgia, said that both of the Republican witnesses conceded they had no idea about when those 53 ballots were received.

“They have been flatly incapable of proffering competent evidence to prove that point,” he said.

"Courts don’t resolve disputes about whether something may or may not be happening."

chaos

#45 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:32 am

If Trump Tries to Sue His Way to Election Victory, Here’s What Happens

It’s easy enough for the Trump campaign to file a lawsuit claiming improprieties, but a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument. Here’s what you need to know as the election lawsuits start to mount.

by Ian MacDougall Nov. 4, 4:47 p.m. EST

A hearing on Wednesday in an election case captured in miniature the challenge for the Trump campaign as it gears up for what could become an all-out legal assault on presidential election results in key swing states: It’s easy enough to file a lawsuit claiming improprieties — in this case, that Pennsylvania had violated the law by allowing voters whose mail-in ballots were defective to correct them — but a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument. “I don’t understand how the integrity of the election was affected,” said U.S. District Judge Timothy Savage, something he repeated several times during the hearing. (However the judge rules, the case is unlikely to have a significant effect; only 93 ballots are at issue, a county election official said.)

“A lawsuit without provable facts showing a statutory or constitutional violation is just a tweet with a filing fee,” said Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. :lol:

Levitt said judges by and large have ignored the noise of the race and the bluster of President Donald Trump’s Twitter feed. “They’ve actually demanded facts and haven’t been ruling on all-caps claims of fraud or suppression,” Levitt said. “They haven’t confused public relations with the predicate for litigation, and I would expect that to continue.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/if-t ... nt=feature

chaos

#46 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 pm

:lol:

clickie

#47 Post by clickie » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:54 pm

kv wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 am
Is it possible for it to end in a 'draw'?

A bit like we can have a hung parliament?

269 tie...it was in play at one point...
That would have been something. Two presidents sharing the white house. The basement has the bowling alley.

chaos

#48 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:56 pm

:lolol:

Artemis

#49 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Did BIden win or what??
I was so busy all day today with work, no time for news and social media. :lol:

chaos

#50 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 am

I am happy they called it, but the next two months will still be very long.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#51 Post by Hokahey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:40 am

I can't fucking believe it.

chaos

#52 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:27 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The First Pets of the United States - Champ and Major:

kv

#53 Post by kv » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Thank fuck... We don't need any more white houses without a dog

mockbee

#54 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:21 am

No current valid claims of major (or even much minor) fraud.
Check.

No current valid claims of major (or even much minor) bureaucratic ineptitude.
Check.

No current valid claims of major (or even much minor) out of the ordinary shenanigans.
Check.

But.....there have been A LOT of rumblings about the double vote.

There are many many rolls in swing states that have not been updated to cancel double votes.
Yeah, both repubs and dems double voted, but it was the Dems deal to mail in.....major, major push to mail in for the dems.
Repubs didn't trust the mail and just went to the polls. For the most part that I have observed in the general goings on of people I know who without a doubt voted for Trump (most all the people outside the city limits.....) did not double vote, they don't do mail.

You don't think that +100,000 Dems double voted, out of 5.5 million cast in MI or 6.8 million cast in PA.....?
Not saying there was malicious intent involved, just an overabundance of caution....?

Also, millions of Americans are, honest to god, trying to get rid of Hitler....right?......right?
They are not just trying to get rid of a buffoon who is generally incompetent and quite crass and crude. It's HITLER. :neutral:
I'm being serious. And I know a lot of people here think the above statement themselves.
Then why the fuck would people NOT double vote and do everything they POSSIBLY could to prevent HITLER......? :noclue:

You'd be a traitor to this country if you didn't do everything humanly possible to prevent Trump from winning another term.
You would be a patriot for doing so.

Tweet

Krystal M
@kammie1217
So if you voted by mail, and if you have been tracking your ballot and either the post office still has it/or it’s not been accepted, you can STILL vote in person tomorrow.
Your mail-in would then be invalidated and your in-person ballot would be counted
5:21 PM · Nov 2, 2020·Twitter Web App
·
Nov 2
Replying to
@kammie1217
I think I have come across some people that mailed it in and went in. Don't you guys have a number you can call to inquire about this?
Sinister Ginger
@pissedoff1800
·
Nov 2
I worded this all arse backwards lol. They were kinda two separate thoughts
I think repubs (trump) are on it..... :waits: :drink:
I think we are going to see big movements in the next week or two.....:noclue:

We just might have two presidents........... :scared: :hehe:

One constitutionally (Supreme Court) appointed.....
and the other appointed by the Press. :nod:

Who knows.....maybe I am wrong. :noclue:
But I really was quite surprised by the final result......... :bored:

No one can say the polls were even in the stratosphere of being correct (except for possibly Trafalgar....the conservative wacky one :wink: )

I don't need/want Trump to win..... I just want a fair election and desperately want a thriving democracy and peace.
Whoever we get there with, I don't care.
:noclue:

mockbee

#55 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:28 am

Trump is currently within 80,000 votes of a legitimate Electoral College victory.
Out of +140,000,000 votes cast.
And +2,800,000 absentee/etc votes have still not been counted.....
None (0) of the Electoral College votes have been cast yet.

Biden has only been christened the winner by the Press.
Sincere CONGRATS to Biden for the victory, as we see it now, and as our society/culture has adopted to accept as due course... :tiphat:
But that's it....... :noclue:

I am not saying there is a conspiracy afoot, or any malicious activity is being carried out.
Just due process is faaaaar from over.
Constitution will rule...... :essence:
Thank goodness....right? :noclue:
:balls:

Groupthink Has Left the Left Blind

A constricted view of the world leaves progressives surprised by the world as it is.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/opin ... e=Homepage

tvrec

#56 Post by tvrec » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:54 am

I've worked California polls for about 2 decades, so I can speak to my experiences there and how mail & in-person voting is set up to prevent and litigate double-voting, not that those procedures are the same in every state (or even every county within a state, since those differ in processes too). When voters in California are mailed a ballot, as they were in total across my county and I believe across the entire state, the voter roster assigns the voter the status of vote-by-mail. If voters turns up at a polling station requesting to vote in person, they have three options: drop off the completed mail ballot, signed and sealed; surrender their ballot that was mailed to them, which is then "spoiled" immediately in front of the voter so that it cannot tabulated (and set, rather than in the ballot box, in a separate envelope for spoiled ballots). The roster clerk then has to record in the register that the voter surrendered the other ballot and then the voter signs in next to their info, including a voter specific bar code, and votes in person using the voting equipment with a user specific access code. Everything is cross-referenced and easily traceable; or, if they say they don't have the ballot or never received it or what have you, they have to vote provisionally, which means that they have to fill out a whole slew of info including things like a state ID or drivers license number and testify under criminal charges that they have not double-voted. These ballots are individuated and not included in any tabulation of voting until the county registrar can verify each person's eligibility to vote and that they have voted only once. All this is to say, the system has safe guards in place for this hypothetical double voter. Does that it mean it never happens? Of course not. But it's a slender chance that it occurs AND is tabulated within voting registrars' official results to the degree that would be necessary to alter who has won the election.

mockbee

#57 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm

tvrec wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:54 am
I've worked California polls for about 2 decades, so I can speak to my experiences there and how mail & in-person voting is set up to prevent and litigate double-voting, not that those procedures are the same in every state (or even every county within a state, since those differ in processes too). When voters in California are mailed a ballot, as they were in total across my county and I believe across the entire state, the voter roster assigns the voter the status of vote-by-mail. If voters turns up at a polling station requesting to vote in person, they have three options: drop off the completed mail ballot, signed and sealed; surrender their ballot that was mailed to them, which is then "spoiled" immediately in front of the voter so that it cannot tabulated (and set, rather than in the ballot box, in a separate envelope for spoiled ballots). The roster clerk then has to record in the register that the voter surrendered the other ballot and then the voter signs in next to their info, including a voter specific bar code, and votes in person using the voting equipment with a user specific access code. Everything is cross-referenced and easily traceable; or, if they say they don't have the ballot or never received it or what have you, they have to vote provisionally, which means that they have to fill out a whole slew of info including things like a state ID or drivers license number and testify under criminal charges that they have not double-voted. These ballots are individuated and not included in any tabulation of voting until the county registrar can verify each person's eligibility to vote and that they have voted only once. All this is to say, the system has safe guards in place for this hypothetical double voter. Does that it mean it never happens? Of course not. But it's a slender chance that it occurs AND is tabulated within voting registrars' official results to the degree that would be necessary to alter who has won the election.
That all makes sense and sounds very secure. Especially for states such as California that have a history of general mail-in voting (beyond the typical Absentee that is available by law in all states).

I guess we will see how states that are new to mail-in voting handled same-day registration voters and people who came in to the polls after receiving a mail-in ballot. I guess the key is what the provisional ballot process is in each of the states that are new to general mail-in votes.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections ... ction.aspx

You are a true patriot for working polls the last twenty years. Thank you. :tiphat:

mockbee

#58 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:04 pm

mockbee wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:21 am

I think repubs (trump) are on it..... :waits: :drink:
I think we are going to see big movements in the next week or two.....:noclue:

dems are/were lulled i'm afraid......

Just the rumblings down low are like...... convulsing at the moment. :waits: :wavesad:

trump is prepared to go through proper/court channels...........like w/kavanaugh/ACB/etc.

The lead up lawsuits sacrificial lobs.....?

:noclue:

am I high....?

We'll see........ :scared:

Pandemonium

#59 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 am

It's over. Trump and his band of merry idiot lawyers have exhausted all their options.

mockbee

#60 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Good.

~79 million people voted against Trump (+1 million for Biden...... :hehe: :lol: ) - most in US history.
~73 million people voted for Trump (+1 million against Biden...... :noclue: :hehe: ) - 2nd most in US history..... by faaar! - Hillary got 65 Million

154 million votes in total.......wow, that's a lot of votes........ :rockon:

But even with all those votes:
Trump sealed his 2016 victory with 77,000 votes across three battleground states, while Biden’s margin would be slightly narrower — about 45,000 votes across Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin. :yikes:
https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... c80025a9b0
Last edited by mockbee on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mockbee

#61 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:30 pm