Jerry Sandusky interview w/Bob Costas

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Jerry Sandusky interview w/Bob Costas

#1 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

What do you guys think about this story? I don't think it's been discussed.

I can't believe he seriously said that maybe he shouldn't have showered with the boys. :no:

He took a little to long answering the question about being sexually attracted to young boys.

crater

Re: Jerry Sandusky interview w/Bob Costas

#2 Post by crater » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Deadspin has been great when it comes to all the craziness with this story.

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-scandal/

The judge who let him walk free also has worked for Second Mile. His attorney knocked up a 16 year old when he was 49 etc. etc. Just crazy.

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah there is some crazy shit going on up there and yeah they have never had a major NCAA violation but I would put this a little higher than that and by that I mean a lot fucking higher. This is absurd no one did anything to stop this monster

creep
Site Admin

#4 Post by creep » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm

the coach that apparently ran away when he saw him raping a young boy and then called his daddy instead of the cops is giving an interview tonight. should be interesting.

if penn state did (which looks obvious) cover this up then they should lose football. shouldn't college be about getting an education anyway?

Juana

#5 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Well the fact of the matter is that they covered this up for a long time as far as I'm concerned anyone turning a blind eye should be punished starting with the guy who saw it and did nothing.

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm not the only to say it, but it is true that the emphasis of the news coverage has been about the reputation of the school and how much money football generates. what about the victims? i hope more will come forward with their stories.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#7 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm not the only to say it, but it is true that the emphasis of the news coverage has been about the reputation of the school and how much money football generates. what about the victims? i hope more will come forward with their stories.

Really? I kind of hope they remain out of the limelight. No one generally wants the publicity associated with being a child rape victim - that is unless they want to tell their story to the public.

But yeah, they should all be drawn and quartered. If you diddle someone's kid they should be allowed to determine your punishment and carry it out if they so choose.

If someone touched mine I don't know how I couldn't kill them. :noclue:

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:31 pm

hokahey wrote:
Artemis wrote:I'm not the only to say it, but it is true that the emphasis of the news coverage has been about the reputation of the school and how much money football generates. what about the victims? i hope more will come forward with their stories.

Really? I kind of hope they remain out of the limelight. No one generally wants the publicity associated with being a child rape victim - that is unless they want to tell their story to the public.

But yeah, they should all be drawn and quartered. If you diddle someone's kid they should be allowed to determine your punishment and carry it out if they so choose.

I didn't mean that the victims should be paraded around or tell all the details of what happened to them to the public. I meant they should come forward to press charges and hopefully see justice served in some way.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Artemis wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I didn't mean that the victims should be paraded around or tell all the details of what happened to them to the public. I meant they should come forward to press charges and hopefully see justice served in some way.
:noclue: they are

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:36 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
hokahey wrote:

:noclue: they are
I am not up on the very latest, but I think last I heard he is accused of 8. I'm sure there are many more.

guysmiley

#11 Post by guysmiley » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:50 pm

I couldn't believe the fucking students protested the firing of the coach. Everyone on that staff deserves whats coming to them. I don't care how great they seemed, one on coming forward and calling the police is ridiculous, and has plenty of blame in allowing this to go on for so long. I don't believe anything anyone there says. Why did it go on for so long? This summed it up well I thought.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-n ... share_copy

guysmiley

#12 Post by guysmiley » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:10 pm

I hate to predict something like this, but I see this playing out in one of two ways. The dude will either off himself in the next few weeks, or he will continue this act and go to jail where he's a dead man.

chaos

#13 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Mike McQueary (the former grad student) is now claiming that he made sure the locker room assault was "stopped" before he left and that he spoke to the police. I guess that means he told Sandusky to stop, but left him alone in the locker room with the boy in order to find the campus police. :banghead:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... index.html
A former Penn State graduate assistant cited by a grand jury report as claiming he saw an ex-assistant football coach sexually abusing a young boy in a campus locker room shower says in an email he made sure the act was stopped and then went to police - contradicting what the report says.

Mike McQueary's comments, in an email made available to The Associated Press on Tuesday, appeared to add more confusion to a scandal that has enveloped the university and resulted in the firing of head coach Joe Paterno, the ousting of president Graham Spanier and charges of perjury against the athletic director and a senior vice president.

McQueary, now the football team's wide receivers coach, told a friend from Penn State that he made sure the 2002 shower assault he witnessed was stopped and went to the police about it. The friend made McQueary's email, written Nov. 8, available to the AP on Tuesday on the condition he not be identified.

McQueary, who has been placed on administrative leave and did not coach in Saturday's 17-14 loss to Nebraska, wrote: "I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police .... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds ... trust me."

Added McQueary: "Do with this what you want ... but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

chaos

#14 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm not the only to say it, but it is true that the emphasis of the news coverage has been about the reputation of the school and how much money football generates. what about the victims?
The news kept reporting that Penn State fans all wore blue at Saturday's to show support for the victims. Aren't the school's colors blue and white? :confused:

blackcoffee

#15 Post by blackcoffee » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:32 pm

I think the school should lose their right to have a football team. Take it away. For good. Fire anyone who knew--and that will include people up and down administration beyond the athletics people.

guysmiley

#16 Post by guysmiley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:19 pm

I completely agree that there need to be strict punishment. I would stand behind it 100%, even if it was my Alma-matter. These things are far more important than sports.