Anarchy in The UK - London Riots

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Bandit72

Re: Anarchy in The UK - London Riots

#21 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 am

I'm OK, I work outside the city. The problem is, most of this criminality and looting is being done by people who probably don't even know some gangster was killed by the police last week. A lot of it is opportunism.

feathers mcgraw

#22 Post by feathers mcgraw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

Shops in Leicester (where I live) have been told to close at 4pm just in case, got police vans driving round the place with sirens going off constantly, but I'm pretty sure it's just to make their presence known.

Artemis

#23 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm

:no:

feathers mcgraw

#24 Post by feathers mcgraw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester, Nottingham, Wolverhampton, Liverpool, Bristol...seems to be spreading country-wide now. Feels weird to see my Country in such a state; this stuff is usually reserved for the middle east, not a supposedly civilised leading world power. Once again, stay safe UK'ers - Is is just me, Japhy and Bandit or are there more of you in here?

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:33 pm

willd is one of your people too.

Larry B.

#26 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Scary...

Stay safe :wavesad:

Jasper

#27 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Let's here something about the racial component of this from the people closer to the problem. It's the kind of thing the media avoids like the plague.

creep
Site Admin

#28 Post by creep » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Jasper wrote:Let's here
:dunce:

oh how great it is when jasper makes a grammatical error. :jasper:

Jasper

#29 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:17 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:Let's here
:dunce:

oh how great it is when jasper makes a grammatical error. :jasper:
FU, creep, I'm sick as fuck. :crying:

Also, gimme back my deadpan smiley, you callous bastard.

ant

#30 Post by ant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Artemis wrote::no:

Wow that's some serious ignorance in that clip. Destroying local businesses to show the rich people you can do what you want? It's the conservatives fault?

I was beginning to think about my plan to move out of the US in the next ten years now I'm thinking I better get slot on the first colony on Mars. At least we get to live through the end of the world.

sinep

#31 Post by sinep » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm

ant wrote: I was beginning to think about my plan to move out of the US in the next ten years now I'm thinking I better get slot on the first colony on Mars. At least we get to live through the end of the world.
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, did you really think people are that different around the world?

there are decent people everywhere.

there are also morons everywhere.

and everyone in between.

no exceptions.

ant

#32 Post by ant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 pm

sinep wrote:
ant wrote: I was beginning to think about my plan to move out of the US in the next ten years now I'm thinking I better get slot on the first colony on Mars. At least we get to live through the end of the world.
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, did you really think people are that different around the world?

there are decent people everywhere.

there are also morons everywhere.

and everyone in between.

no exceptions.
That's probably true. I'm not planning to leave the US so much because of the morons here but more so because I don't think I'll be able to continue living the life I enjoy in ten or fifteen years without having to work like a dog. And if things keep going the way they are I'll never be able to retire. My 10-year plan is to find a revenue stream that I can earn from wherever I am and live somewhere in the world with a low cost of living. I love my country but the US is on the decline.

sinep

#33 Post by sinep » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 pm

go to costa rica, all the expatriates i met there loved it.

krakle

#34 Post by krakle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 pm

ant wrote:
Artemis wrote::no:

Wow that's some serious ignorance in that clip. Destroying local businesses to show the rich people you can do what you want? It's the conservatives fault?
that's amazingly unfunny.

Bandit72

#35 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 am

Jasper wrote:Let's here something about the racial component of this from the people closer to the problem. It's the kind of thing the media avoids like the plague.
From what I understand, the majority, I'm guessing 95%, of the trouble in London was started by a small minority of the black community. This then spread to asians, and then whites. In Birmingham it has been blacks, asians and whites, and I guess the same for the rest of the country. Three asian men were run over and killed last night in a highly populated ethnic area of the city. We do not know as yet who was driving the three reported cars that did this. All three died in hospital early this morning. A firearm was also discharged at the police last night in Aston. That area again is mostly populated by blacks and asians. Like I said before, a lot of this is opportunism, but could now turn into race riots if this gets anymore out of hand, particularly with the black and asian community. The Sikh community has been out in force protecting their temples from anyone who is causing this damage, and the Turks in London have been protecting their livelihoods. What we don't need is the English Defense League seeing this as as an opportunity to get involved either.

To be honest the size of trouble last night was less than on Monday night, but I still think repercussions are going to continue. A lot of the youth arguement that I've heard is that they have no opportunities, no prospects, cost of living, VAT rise (lol). What the fuck? This affects everyone and the majority aren't freeloading from shops. The thing that scares me the most is that I think a new law will be passed in this country within the next 6 months taking away more of our freedom and human rights.

guysmiley

#36 Post by guysmiley » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 am

Bandit72 wrote: the English Defense League
Those are some scary dudes. Like a more organized version of our KKK.
Last edited by guysmiley on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

feathers mcgraw

#37 Post by feathers mcgraw » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 am

Bandit72 wrote:
What we don't need is the English Defense League seeing this as as an opportunity to get involved either.
These guys showed up in Leicester last night, but the riotting here amounted to very little in comparison to other areas.

Bandit72

#38 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 am

Ouch

Jasper

#39 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:06 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Jasper wrote:Let's here something about the racial component of this from the people closer to the problem. It's the kind of thing the media avoids like the plague.
From what I understand, the majority, I'm guessing 95%, of the trouble in London was started by a small minority of the black community. This then spread to asians, and then whites. In Birmingham it has been blacks, asians and whites, and I guess the same for the rest of the country. Three asian men were run over and killed last night in a highly populated ethnic area of the city. We do not know as yet who was driving the three reported cars that did this. All three died in hospital early this morning. A firearm was also discharged at the police last night in Aston. That area again is mostly populated by blacks and asians. Like I said before, a lot of this is opportunism, but could now turn into race riots if this gets anymore out of hand, particularly with the black and asian community. The Sikh community has been out in force protecting their temples from anyone who is causing this damage, and the Turks in London have been protecting their livelihoods. What we don't need is the English Defense League seeing this as as an opportunity to get involved either.

To be honest the size of trouble last night was less than on Monday night, but I still think repercussions are going to continue. A lot of the youth arguement that I've heard is that they have no opportunities, no prospects, cost of living, VAT rise (lol). What the fuck? This affects everyone and the majority aren't freeloading from shops. The thing that scares me the most is that I think a new law will be passed in this country within the next 6 months taking away more of our freedom and human rights.
Ah, thanks, that helps paint a clearer picture.

Japhy

#40 Post by Japhy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:57 am

The government (police / army... whoever) need to smack down on this hard and fast. Numerous vigilante groups are springing up now (and quite understandably so in my opinion) but it's those that will give the EDL the excuse to hit the streets and sell it to us as a good thing. If / when that happens, it will be utter chaos.

I think this shit has been bubbling up for a long time now... last years student demo's showed that it doesn't take much to get out of hand and, unlike these latest riots, those were dominated by white kids. It's easy to say that these ones are all down to the blacks and the asians but it's just that gang cultures exist more freely within those communities and they're the opportunists this time around... without doubt, there are a lot of pissed off people in this country at the moment, across all races and communities, and it's not taking much at all to spark off scenes like the ones we're seeing.

All that said, i don't feel any less hate towards these twats than anyone else and I will think nothing of defending my community if it comes to it. Fingers crossed the government will finally react and give the police licence to enforce law in the way that the majority of the country want to see.

Larry B.

#41 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:50 am

Bandit72 wrote:Ouch

That's beautiful.

Bandit72

#42 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:34 am

Undercover coppers I'm led to believe. What I don't get is why is he trying to break into a Budget Rent-a-Car shop? Unless he's just likes smashing windows?

Bandit72

#43 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 am

Not sure if you've seen this stateside? Absolutely disgusting. He's just had half his teth knocked out. I believe one has been arrested so far. Not sure which one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4 ... r_embedded

(Couldn't get the youtube link to work sorry even after Creeps video id tutorial :dunce: )

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:07 am

Bandit72 wrote:Not sure if you've seen this stateside? Absolutely disgusting. He's just had half his teth knocked out. I believe one has been arrested so far. Not sure which one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4 ... r_embedded

(Couldn't get the youtube link to work sorry even after Creeps video id tutorial :dunce: )
(just put the video code in between the youtube brackets, like -> [youtubz]6Gex_ya4-Oo[/youtubz]

that some bad karma, right there.

Artemis

#45 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:41 pm

some funny pics...i like catnick and crookies.

http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/