Star Wars: The Force Awakens WITH spoilers

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
kv

Blackula's Star Wars Spoiler Thread

#1 Post by kv » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:33 am

Has begun....

blackula

Re: Blackula's Star Wars Spoiler Thread

#2 Post by blackula » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:30 am

kv wrote:Has begun....
Awe....thanks KV! Any other nerds see this yet?

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:33 am

I won't see this for at least a few days if not 'til the break between Christmas and New Years. I have no desire to stand in long lines and sit in packed theaters elbow to elbow with those snobby Star Wars nerdlingers.

blackula

#4 Post by blackula » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:40 am

Pandemonium wrote:I won't see this for at least a few days if not 'til the break between Christmas and New Years. I have no desire to stand in long lines and sit in packed theaters elbow to elbow with those snobby Star Wars nerdlingers.
Fandango dude, no lines! I took a vacation day to see it yesterday in the afternoon, figured that would cut down on the teenyboppers. The very first moment when Star Wars appeared on the screen some dude in front of me threw his arms up and screamed out "yes". I thought it was gonna be downhill from there but thankfully that was it.

Bandit72

#5 Post by Bandit72 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:33 am

Pandemonium wrote:I won't see this for at least a few days if not 'til the break between Christmas and New Years. I have no desire to stand in long lines and sit in packed theaters elbow to elbow with those snobby Star Wars nerdlingers.
Exactly this. I'll go between Xmas and New Year I think. Maybe later.

perkana

Star Wars: The Force Awakens WITH spoilers

#6 Post by perkana » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:02 pm

I tried to stay away from reading articles with spoilers so with Han Solo's death I was like 'what the fuck?!!!'. To be honest, as much as I loved seeing Harrison Ford as Han Solo again, I thought he was too old to apear in a second one. Overall, loved the dialogues. JJ Abrahams definitely made it closer to the originals. Even if the bad guys are still stupid (why would they build a bigger 'death star' to be destroyed by a handful of rebels?)

nausearockpig

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens WITH spoilers

#7 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 am

Not looking at what you wrote but. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2949

kv

#8 Post by kv » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:56 am

i merged it the wrong...it's still officially blackula's thread...in spirit :bigrin:

just saw it tonight...fun stuff...popcorn movie...jj abrams shows how easy it should have been...small story...over candy everything...everyone leaves happy

as for crowds caught a 9;30 show and it was maybe 20% full...go see it

perkana

#9 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:25 am

Funny, we were like 10-12 people in the theater I went to. Love watching movies in Puerto Vallarta. It was in 3D, too. It was ok, nothing special in 3D.

perkana

#10 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:30 am

blackula wrote:
Fandango dude, no lines! I took a vacation day to see it yesterday in the afternoon, figured that would cut down on the teenyboppers. The very first moment when Star Wars appeared on the screen some dude in front of me threw his arms up and screamed out "yes". I thought it was gonna be downhill from there but thankfully that was it.
I definitely hooted when I read 'Lucas Film Ltd' and teared up when the intro music started. And clapped in the end, haha.

perkana

#11 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:44 am

perkana wrote:JJ Abrahams
I don’t know why I always write 'Abrahams' instead of Abrams. Was so excited yesterday after the movie.

Artemis

#12 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:15 pm

:lol:

Japhy

#13 Post by Japhy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Saw it tonight - totally loved it. New characters are generally excellent and the overall vibe of it was bang on originals. Kylo Ren is awesome... hope he gets more bad-ass (i'm guessing he didnt kick it).

JOEinPHX

#14 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Would have liked to have seen Luke and Han in a scene together. So.... kind of bummed.

But I kind of feel like we may be seeing him again in some way. His end was... odd.

I also would have liked to have seen Luke speak. The next movie is way too far away.

Also, I hope Han's demise isn't a trend. If they kill off the 3 original characters in sequential movies in order to make way for the new people, I am going to be annoyed.

Rey is awesome. She's totally lovely and totally badass. It's as if they merged Luke and Padme into the same person. I dig her a whole lot.

blackula

#15 Post by blackula » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 pm

67-I can't see them killing off the other 2. Ford always wanted to die and it fits the new trilogy. Older character killed in the first movie, Obi Wan and Qi Gon.

My 2 spoilery thoughts:

I think it's pretty obvious Rey is Luke's kid.

Is Snoke Darth Plagious? Living or Sith ghost? I'm really hoping they go that route. Based on Snoke's large hologram could be possible

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:11 pm

i watched it tonight. i saw a bootleg but want to see it in a theater when things die down. when everyone was warning about spoilers i said that han solo probably dies....welp.

really good movie. it had sort of a retro feel if that makes sense which was great. brought back memories of seeing it as a kid.

JOEinPHX

#17 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:45 pm

blackula wrote:

My 2 spoilery thoughts:

I have considered that. Left/hidden on a desert planet away from the fighting, just like her father.

However I am hoping there is more to it than that. She's clearly not Leia's kid. Which doesn't leave a whole lot of genetic Jedis to pass down the genes.

So you either have Luke, which is kind of obvious, OR...

What if she is related to Vader? What if she is a clone made from Darth Vader's genetics, but something went wrong, she came out female, and they abandoned her on Jakku to die because she would never have the male aggression they sought in order to rule the galaxy?

Kylo Ren has an obsession with Vader, his grandfather, but where did THAT come from? Someone ELSE clearly has an affinity for Vader and is inspiring it. So maybe while they inspire Kylo Ren with Vader stories, the very people obsessed with Vader to begin with try to bring him back via the old cloning technology. It doesn't work and.... HELLO Rey.

Consider the fact that Luke's lightsaber WAS Vader's lightsaber. The very lightsaber he used to slaughter Jedi children in Revenge of the Sith.

What did Rey hear that lead her to the lightsaber? THE SOUND OF CHILDREN.
Is Snoke Darth Plagious? Living or Sith ghost? I'm really hoping they go that route. Based on Snoke's large hologram could be possible
This would not only be awesome, but also plays into the theory I just had above. Darth Plagueis was the one who could manipulate life, could he not? So if anyone could clone Vader in hopes of ruling the galaxy with the dark side, it would be him. So he tries to clone Vader from beyond, the experiment fails, out comes a girl, she is abandoned at a young age when she doesn't seem to be showing any signs of Force sensitivity (or just simply because she's a girl), and Plagueis shifts his attention to the only other Jedi in the galaxy too weak to resist... KYLO REN.

This also would potentially set up some strange shit down the line. If Kylo Ren is obsessed with Vader, and Rey turns out to be a genetic copy of Vader, could he kill her? Or would he worship her?

I look forward to how they proceed with all of this. And I hope I am on the right track because that would make for a hell of a story.

JOEinPHX

#18 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Fuck, And then i read THIS:

http://mashable.com/2015/12/22/force-aw ... Vqr2YquGqT

#3 is the most likely plot here.

Luke went searching for a Kenobi.

Now a Kenobi is searching for Luke.

I'm done speculating. That is clearly it.

perkana

#19 Post by perkana » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:49 pm

creep wrote:i watched it tonight. i saw a bootleg but want to see it in a theater when things die down. when everyone was warning about spoilers i said that han solo probably dies....welp.

really good movie. it had sort of a retro feel if that makes sense which was great. brought back memories of seeing it as a kid.
It reminded a lot of the first one (or Episode IV: A new hope). Don't remember if they did the transition thing in the prequels.And the musicians at Maz quarters totally reminded me of the canteen scene (think I read in Vanity Fair that it was definitely a tribute). I personally liked the jokes. The actress who plays Rey reminded me of a mixture between Keira Knightley and Lena Headey, or whatever her name is. I've never read anything related to Star Wars and I'm totally bad with names. I digged also that the bad guys' general was played by an English actor. They always make their characters more believable, instead of cheesy.

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:33 am

perkana wrote:I digged also that the bad guys' general was played by an English actor.
yeah i thought that guy was really good.

erotic cheeses

#21 Post by erotic cheeses » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:49 pm

So stoked for this thought the movie was great. Some great interviews with the cast here in the UK hope every one else saw them some great actors coming through . Disney you did real good
'

blackula

#22 Post by blackula » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
blackula wrote:

My 2 spoilery thoughts:

I have considered that. Left/hidden on a desert planet away from the fighting, just like her father.

However I am hoping there is more to it than that. She's clearly not Leia's kid. Which doesn't leave a whole lot of genetic Jedis to pass down the genes.

So you either have Luke, which is kind of obvious, OR...

What if she is related to Vader? What if she is a clone made from Darth Vader's genetics, but something went wrong, she came out female, and they abandoned her on Jakku to die because she would never have the male aggression they sought in order to rule the galaxy?

Kylo Ren has an obsession with Vader, his grandfather, but where did THAT come from? Someone ELSE clearly has an affinity for Vader and is inspiring it. So maybe while they inspire Kylo Ren with Vader stories, the very people obsessed with Vader to begin with try to bring him back via the old cloning technology. It doesn't work and.... HELLO Rey.

Consider the fact that Luke's lightsaber WAS Vader's lightsaber. The very lightsaber he used to slaughter Jedi children in Revenge of the Sith.

What did Rey hear that lead her to the lightsaber? THE SOUND OF CHILDREN.
This would not only be awesome, but also plays into the theory I just had above. Darth Plagueis was the one who could manipulate life, could he not? So if anyone could clone Vader in hopes of ruling the galaxy with the dark side, it would be him. So he tries to clone Vader from beyond, the experiment fails, out comes a girl, she is abandoned at a young age when she doesn't seem to be showing any signs of Force sensitivity (or just simply because she's a girl), and Plagueis shifts his attention to the only other Jedi in the galaxy too weak to resist... KYLO REN.

This also would potentially set up some strange shit down the line. If Kylo Ren is obsessed with Vader, and Rey turns out to be a genetic copy of Vader, could he kill her? Or would he worship her?

I look forward to how they proceed with all of this. And I hope I am on the right track because that would make for a hell of a story.

That would be cool, a nice twist, Vader's grandkid vs. Obie Wan's.

The more I read about Darth Plagueis the more it looks like it's gonna be Snoke. If not, I want a standalone film!

If Finn is Lando's kid I'll be annoyed, leave it that he was born into being a Stormtrooper, like the Unsullied in GOT. It's a whole universe, chill with everyone being related to the original characters.

blackula

#23 Post by blackula » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm bringing my 4 year old Sunday to see this. He's stoked. Is he too young? I'm thinking the beginning with Phasma spraying the flames and Ren killing that old guy and Ren killing Han may be much. I'm either awesome or I'll cause nightmares and my wife will be furious. I think it'll be okay but nobody agrees with me

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 pm

I didn't see anything overtly violent or bloody. I think it will be fine. It's Disney.

blackula

#25 Post by blackula » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 am

Six7Six7 wrote:I didn't see anything overtly violent or bloody. I think it will be fine. It's Disney.
You are the voice of reason. I didn't think of using "it's Disney" on my wife.