RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6329
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: RHCP

#801 Post by Six7Six7 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:35 am
I gave their show in the Pyramids a go, and it was a bore. Dreadful, lame... I don’t know who their target audience is anymore.
40 year olds who think Imagine Dragons is "young and hip"

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#802 Post by SR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am

A lovely man. I sincerely don't understand the hate for this guy; he's held up his MM and BSSM legacy so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vj1Smrk1H8

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#803 Post by SR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:54 am

Oh, JF


User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 6966
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: RHCP

#804 Post by Larry B. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 am

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am
A lovely man. I sincerely don't understand the hate for this guy; he's held up his MM and BSSM legacy so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vj1Smrk1H8
That was surprisingly good.

Is there “hate” for him? I think his artistic output has been dreadful since Californication/By The Way/thereabouts, but that’s not really “hate”, just criticism.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#805 Post by Matz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Because he kicked Frusciante :noclue:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#806 Post by SR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm

:lolol:

what does that mean?

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#807 Post by Matz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:01 pm

you know its true' :cool:

User avatar
Pandemonium
Posts: 5329
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: RHCP

#808 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:39 pm

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am
A lovely man. I sincerely don't understand the hate for this guy; he's held up his MM and BSSM legacy so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vj1Smrk1H8
YT comment: "The interviewer is the human version of watching paint dry."

This times Infinity And Beyond.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#809 Post by SR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:44 pm

I was actually there when Froosh quit....twist of fate thing. AK was not happy.

I loved the interviewers questions

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8999
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: RHCP

#810 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 am

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 am
A lovely man. I sincerely don't understand the hate for this guy; he's held up his MM and BSSM legacy so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vj1Smrk1H8
That was really enjoyable. I checked out more 'As It Lays' episodes and really cracked up laughing. The host is hilarious, love the questions and low budget, no frills aesthetic. Some of the guests really don't know how to take that guy...lol. The Rick Rubin one is the funniest one I've watched so far. The LL Cool Jay one is pretty funny too. LL does has some weird mouth quivering thing going on.. :lol:

User avatar
guysmiley
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: PDX/Fukuoka Japan

Re: RHCP

#811 Post by guysmiley » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:58 am

Between two Ferns. Fuck I've seen everything. Time to die.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#812 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm
:lolol:

what does that mean?
I thought you were a RHCP buff. I'm referring to the time Anthony kicked John on stage, can't remember where, possibly SNL.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7671
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: RHCP

#813 Post by kv » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:23 pm

guysmiley wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:58 am
Between two Ferns. Fuck I've seen everything. Time to die.
That's what I was thinking! I just bite my tongue lol

User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 6966
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: RHCP

#814 Post by Larry B. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:18 am

Thanks to this thread, I’ve been watching a few RHCp videos when Dave was in the band, and man were they awesome. His solos for Give it Away and Stone Cold Bush are exquisite, and I don’t think the band ever sounded as tight after Dave left. Despite all their addictions and/or other issues, once Dave arrived finally there was a full band of people who cared about sounding good.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#815 Post by Matz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am

I agree.

It's weird, Hillel and John are so bitchin' on the albums (I'm talking about young John, not 1998-whatever) but live they were always so sloppy, I don't get it. The MM tour is an exception though, John played very well there

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#816 Post by SR » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Matz wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm
SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm
:lolol:

what does that mean?
I thought you were a RHCP buff. I'm referring to the time Anthony kicked John on stage, can't remember where, possibly SNL.
Huge fan....and Froosh is one of my musical idols. I never saw AK kick him. But I know he purposly tuned down or up on SNL because he knew AK couldn't hit the range. AK figured it out immediately.

User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 6966
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: RHCP

#817 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pm

SR wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:35 pm
Matz wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm
SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm
:lolol:

what does that mean?
I thought you were a RHCP buff. I'm referring to the time Anthony kicked John on stage, can't remember where, possibly SNL.
Huge fan....and Froosh is one of my musical idols. I never saw AK kick him. But I know he purposly tuned down or up on SNL because he knew AK couldn't hit the range. AK figured it out immediately.
He didn’t, he just played gibberish for the intro. There’s no way Flea could’ve instantly tune up or down to adapt to Frusciante’s fit. And yeah, it’s in SNL when Kiedis kicked him, but it did seem accidental.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#818 Post by Matz » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:41 am

SR wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:35 pm
But I know he purposly tuned down or up on SNL because he knew AK couldn't hit the range. AK figured it out immediately.
:lolol: I didn't know that, pretty funny. I love what John did on UTB on SNL, using distortion on the outro which is supposed to be pretty and mellow and the screams and everything, very punk rock

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6988
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#819 Post by SR » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 am

Larry B. wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pm
SR wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:35 pm
Matz wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:14 pm
SR wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm
:lolol:

what does that mean?
I thought you were a RHCP buff. I'm referring to the time Anthony kicked John on stage, can't remember where, possibly SNL.
Huge fan....and Froosh is one of my musical idols. I never saw AK kick him. But I know he purposly tuned down or up on SNL because he knew AK couldn't hit the range. AK figured it out immediately.
He didn’t, he just played gibberish for the intro. There’s no way Flea could’ve instantly tune up or down to adapt to Frusciante’s fit. And yeah, it’s in SNL when Kiedis kicked him, but it did seem accidental.
Well then, things point to two different appearances on SNL :lol: ...or you're unaware of the tuning issue. I believe the whole account is in Scar Tissue. As to Flea, isn't the range on a bass guitar such that it could accommodate in a pinch?

User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: RHCP

#820 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:38 am

Wasn't the kick during a performance of Stone Called Bush?

Post Reply