Boardwalk Empire (HBO) *SPOILERS*

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Jasper

Re: Boardwalk Empire (HBO) *SPOILERS*

#51 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Yeah, Richard was doing jobs for Nucky, and he even lived in the house with Margaret and the kids as protection. Creep's getting senile. :hehe:

Lokus

#52 Post by Lokus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 pm

wally wrote:predictions:
jimmy gets hooked on the dope after finding his wife dead.
richard goes apeshit at the death of Jimmy's wife, either on the dude who killed her or on Jimmy for letting it happen.
I think these are sound predictions.

There's been no explanation yet for why [New York young gangster guy, forget his name] showed Jimmy the smack. Smack will be Jimmy's down fall allowing Nucky to fully regain the throne.

Jasper

#53 Post by Jasper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Lokus wrote:
wally wrote:predictions:
jimmy gets hooked on the dope after finding his wife dead.
richard goes apeshit at the death of Jimmy's wife, either on the dude who killed her or on Jimmy for letting it happen.
I think these are sound predictions.

There's been no explanation yet for why [New York young gangster guy, forget his name] showed Jimmy the smack.
Do you mean Lucky Luciano, the "Father of organized crime" in the U.S.? :noclue: He showed Jimmy the smack because he wants them to start selling smack.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#54 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm glad I don't know much about the history of the characters in real life. It saves any spoilers and prevents me from being upset when things change.

So stoked for tonight.

creep
Site Admin

#55 Post by creep » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm

at first i thought it was going to be a bullshit flashback episode but it turned out pretty great. jimmy fucking his mother and killing his dad.... margaret admitting that she is a whore and a thief....nelson shooting the lawyer and running off.

my prediction.....jimmy and nucky team up and jimmy kills nucky's brother.

kv

#56 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:33 am

ya jimmy and nucky have to get back together....sucks isn't next week the last for this season oh man it's gonna be a long wait for next year after next week goes fucking off

Jasper

#57 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 am

Man, Jimmy was doomed from the start. No wonder he's made so many dumb choices. In addition to being a mass murder, he's fucked his mother - who is also a complete psychopath, killed his father, got his wife killed, and become a dope fiend.
:jasper:

kv

#58 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:21 am

wait he's a dope fiend? i missed that..aside from the college days after doing his mom..(knew incest was in the cards) never saw the killing his dad coming though was a fun twist lol...love that damn show

creep
Site Admin

#59 Post by creep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 am

kv wrote:wait he's a dope fiend? i missed that..aside from the college days after doing his mom..(knew incest was in the cards) never saw the killing his dad coming though was a fun twist lol...love that damn show
he snorted that heroin that he was given. maybe you thought that was part of the flashback but it wasn't. when he killed his father you could tell he was fucked up.

Jasper

#60 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:59 am

Yeah, Luciano gave him the smack as a sample. That's why Jimmy was so fucked, on top of everything else. He found out his wife got murdered, then he got into that sample. You see him in his hotel, and he's falling down and crawling on the carpet and shit, then you see the folded up paper that the heroin was in, and he's sticking his face in it.

That guy's life is beyond fucked up. I went from liking him, to hating him, to feeling sorry for him and being kind of repulsed by him.

I'm bummed the Commodore got killed off. I wanted to see that guy in action, running shit for a while. First he's sick, then he gets completely better, then he has a stroke and he's totally fucked, then he starts getting strong again, then he gets killed. I'd rather have had it be the mother. I despise that woman.

creep
Site Admin

#61 Post by creep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:06 am

i just found out a couple weeks ago that the commodore was dabney coleman. i figured he was dead by now.

Jasper

#62 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:30 am

creep wrote:i just found out a couple weeks ago that the commodore was dabney coleman. i figured he was dead by now.

I recognized him from a lot of stuff, like 9 to 5. He was good in this role, so I wish he'd had more time. Now it seems like Uncle Junior's the only old-school guy left.

kv

#63 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 am

creep wrote:
kv wrote:wait he's a dope fiend? i missed that..aside from the college days after doing his mom..(knew incest was in the cards) never saw the killing his dad coming though was a fun twist lol...love that damn show
he snorted that heroin that he was given. maybe you thought that was part of the flashback but it wasn't. when he killed his father you could tell he was fucked up.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH kk ya thought it was coke from college

ellis

#64 Post by ellis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 am

I could have done without the Oedipus Rex shit last night. :no:

creep
Site Admin

#65 Post by creep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:18 pm

ellis wrote:I could have done without the Oedipus Rex shit last night. :no:
:noclue: his mom is pretty hot

Sue

#66 Post by Sue » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Wally good call on the smack...and even though the Oedipus vibes are always heavy, I was hoping that we wouldn't really find that out...ewwww. His mother is a nasty, manipulative whore. I don't care if she was a child bride or whatever, there's NO excuse for that :jasper: and I agree, I would much rather have seen her get whacked than the Commodore. Maybe he's not totally done for? And damn he was strong for a recovering stroke victim!

Margaret is going off the deep end with a good ol' dose of Catholic guilt. She is ruining everything, she should just keep her mouth SHUT and deal with what she's done, and try to make her life work with Nucky--it's her only chance--especially with a crippled daughter now. Idiot. I liked her, now--not so much.

That nursemaid/maid that overheard her and her lover is going to be trouble, jealousy will manifest in upsetting Margaret's applecart. And FU HBO, for making last week's coming attractions look like Margaret confessed boinking the Irish thug and not following through. Awesome to see Van Alden go on the lam! That was a perfect way to get Nucky off the hook, at least partially. In the previews I noticed Manny, so I guess he will get his comeuppance from Jimmy for killing Angela.

Jasper

#67 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm

creep wrote:
ellis wrote:I could have done without the Oedipus Rex shit last night. :no:
:noclue: his mom is pretty hot
:slap:

Larry B.

#68 Post by Larry B. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 pm

I haven't read a single post in this thread nor I will check it back... but since I just found out Steve Buscemi is the lead in this series, I'll give it a shot. I'm downloading the first season.

Love that guy.

Jasper

#69 Post by Jasper » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Larry B. wrote:I haven't read a single post in this thread nor I will check it back... but since I just found out Steve Buscemi is the lead in this series, I'll give it a shot. I'm downloading the first season.

Love that guy.
It's good, so Larry will most likely hate it.

Anyways, so I suspect that Van Alden would never abandon Abigail, so I imagine when he took off from the post office, he ran straight home and will be on the lam with Abigail and the new nanny. The question is whether or not he'll get out of town. If he does make it out of town, would they still follow his story? Maybe he'll have to hide out nearby. Maybe he'll have to run back to Jimmy's partner (I'm spacing on his name atm) and beg for help. Speaking of Jimmy's partner, he was in a bad way. Did anybody notice that he didn't do his little laugh even once in the last episode?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#70 Post by Hokahey » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Jasper wrote:
Larry B. wrote:I haven't read a single post in this thread nor I will check it back... but since I just found out Steve Buscemi is the lead in this series, I'll give it a shot. I'm downloading the first season.

Love that guy.

Anyways, so I suspect that Van Alden would never abandon Abigail, so I imagine when he took off from the post office, he ran straight home and will be on the lam with Abigail and the new nanny. The question is whether or not he'll get out of town. If he does make it out of town, would they still follow his story? Maybe he'll have to hide out nearby. Maybe he'll have to run back to Jimmy's partner (I'm spacing on his name atm) and beg for help. Speaking of Jimmy's partner, he was in a bad way. Did anybody notice that he didn't do his little laugh even once in the last episode?
Mickey Doyle.

Amazing episode. Incredible job by whoever directed it.

creep
Site Admin

#71 Post by creep » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:43 pm

hokahey wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Love that guy.

Mickey Doyle.

Amazing episode. Incredible job by whoever directed it.
i looked it up and it is some guy i never heard of that directed some sopranos episodes.

i know salami from the white shadow directs a lot of them and is directing the finale

Larry B.

#72 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, I'm writing again in this thread...

Yesterday, I saw the two first episodes and I thought they were OK... nothing remarkable, but definitely watchable.

Today, I saw episodes 3 and 4... and I'm liking it. Love Buscemi, Jimmy's son's mother is exquisite, I hate the tramp Buscemi is with and I love the New York accent.

Good shit. Thanks for placing the name of this series on my radar; otherwise, I wouldn't have cared for it when I read about it.

creep
Site Admin

#73 Post by creep » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Larry B. wrote:Jimmy's son's mother is exquisite
:lol: don't get too attached to her.

Lokus

#74 Post by Lokus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

This is pretty funny.

I especially like the lines about not knowing his first name and about how he doesn't get any sex scenes. :lol:

kv

#75 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 am

classic