RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Tyler Durden

Re: RHCP

#151 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Tyler Durden

#152 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Essence_Smith

#153 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Thank you... :rockon:

Mescal

#154 Post by Mescal » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 pm

The people in the audience in Cologne look so dorky

ant

#155 Post by ant » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:30 pm

Looks like all these links have been deleted. Can someone reupload this? I'm dying to see it.

SR

#156 Post by SR » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 am

I went to the film version of the Germany show last night...

Basically they played the entire album, in order, plus Me and My Friends (which was beautiful), and Give it Away (where Josh played it just like John).

I like the new album, alot. I think it's a bit flat without JF's natural ability. Alot of chord and distortion work where I think these songs would have benefited from some interesting and intricate solo work. I loved SA. I thought it was a well written and well thought out album.....giving musical props to the Beatles, JA, Hendrix and others while still maintaining the integrity of the Chilis. So this album, at least to me, was a deliberate departure from ALL of the old which I respect a great deal.

Too, AK couldn't go off in his levitating punk style that most of their portfolio lends itself to. Flea and Chad shined.

Highlights of the show were Brendans Death Song which is simply sublime......up there with Wet Sand and Venice Queen, Look Around, Goodbye Hooray, and Ethiopia.

SR

#157 Post by SR » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Yup, Police Station is another masterpiece... :aoa:

ant

#158 Post by ant » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

SR wrote:Yup, Police Station is another masterpiece... :aoa:
LIstening to this track right now. I'm loving this entire album the more I listen to it. Can't wait to see these guys when the US dates are announced.

Essence_Smith

#159 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:01 pm

SR wrote:Yup, Police Station is another masterpiece... :aoa:
One of my faves, along with Did I Let You Know... :nod:
ant wrote:Can't wait to see these guys when the US dates are announced.
I've never had even the slightest desire to see the Peppers live til recently...I dislike the whole arena vibe, but I think I'd go out to hear these songs live for some reason...

SR

#160 Post by SR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Brendan's Death Song......I'm freaking out. It's sublime

Police Station, etc, etc.....

Wow. Thank you, for real. :agree:

Hey Larry. :lolol: Dumbfuck

Matz

#161 Post by Matz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Factoy of faith is one of my favorites, really great and interesting song

kc

#162 Post by kc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Mescal wrote:The people in the audience in Cologne look so dorky
That's probably cause everyone and their mother won tix in the countless raffles and the ususal german b-list suspects got their freebies, too.
Only a small number of tix where actually sold to the public, which mostly makes for a lame audience. :neutral:

kv

#163 Post by kv » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:20 am

lol that makes me think of a smashing pumkins club show in their prime that was radio contest invite only...i walked in (roxy la) place was full and noticed people were standing very far apart for a club show during the opening band...clued my buddy in that most of these people have never been to a gen admin club and when the stage rush happened we could prob be up front with no hassle...so we sat at the bar getting trashed through the opening band...then right before they were to go on we rushed the stage ended up on the rail front and center..and listened for about 5 second as everyone within 10 feet of us bitched us out...then the band came out and everyone who was crying was swept away in the stage rush lmao...rookies

Hokahey
Site Admin

#164 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 am

kv wrote:lol that makes me think of a smashing pumkins club show in their prime that was radio contest invite only...i walked in (roxy la) place was full and noticed people were standing very far apart for a club show during the opening band...clued my buddy in that most of these people have never been to a gen admin club and when the stage rush happened we could prob be up front with no hassle...so we sat at the bar getting trashed through the opening band...then right before they were to go on we rushed the stage ended up on the rail front and center..and listened for about 5 second as everyone within 10 feet of us bitched us out...then the band came out and everyone who was crying was swept away in the stage rush lmao...rookies
Nothing worse than a stage rush when it's already packed up front though. If you want a spot get there early. I would never budge an inch for people.

If Esqfool reads this thread -

This story reminds me of Jane's in KC. For the life of me I can't remember why some guy was irritated with me/my wife but I seem to recall Esq flinging him across the pit/floor. :lol:

Pandemonium

#165 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am

Janes + Chili Peppers 2012 North America arena tour. Place your bets.

Tyler Durden

#166 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am

Pandemonium wrote:Janes + Chili Peppers 2012 North America arena tour. Place your bets.
Considering Jane's sets aren't much longer than that of an opening act, it makes sense to me. :hehe:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#167 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 am

Pandemonium wrote:Janes + Chili Peppers 2012 North America arena tour. Place your bets.
I sure hope so. That would be a perfect double bill.

creep
Site Admin

#168 Post by creep » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:22 am

hokahey wrote:
nope...that would mean another amphitheater tour.

i will take them separate.

ant

#169 Post by ant » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am

hokahey wrote:
No way Janes would do it. It would just highlight their lack of output and artistic integrity over the last 20 years. RHCP are in the upper echelon of rock bands and Janes unfortunately are a footnote.

Pandemonium

#170 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:49 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I have little doubt Janes is going to do a big arena/shed tour with another big band in 2012. The thing is, they simply can't sell out those size venues on their own even with a notable but still a lesser act supporting them (say, Blondie, Killing Joke, Secret Machines, Blur, etc). It would have to be a virtual co-headline (like NINJA) or "JA supports-" bill with an artist with at least as much of if not a lot bigger fanbase and name recognition. Likely suspects plugging new albums that would be a logical pairing/headliner for Janes to do big venues who will be setting up arena/shed tours for Spring/Summer 2012 would be The Cult, Coldplay, David Bowie, and *maybe* Faith No More and Rage Against The Machine... but imo The Chili Peppers are by far the most likely and logical band JA would support.

There's no way Janes is going to do a prolonged headlining club or theater tour slog across NA in 2012. The few "club" shows they're doing in the next few months will scratch that itch for the foreseable future.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#171 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:12 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:

Sure, but there's no way they'll do a full US club tour. I know the two of them would be a great show.

Pandemonium

#172 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Even though there's some flubs, still a very awesome performance with Josh's guitar way up front in this clip:

SR

#173 Post by SR » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I don't see Jane's opening for the Chilis on this tour or ever. Not a chance....bank onn that.

Matz

#174 Post by Matz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 am

ant wrote:
hokahey wrote:
No way Janes would do it. It would just highlight their lack of output and artistic integrity over the last 20 years. RHCP are in the upper echelon of rock bands and Janes unfortunately are a footnote.
I agree and also I think that Jane's don't appeal to a lot of the chili peppers' audience. There are probably going to be families with little kids, do they really want to hear Whores fx? I don't think so

Matz

#175 Post by Matz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 am

Pandemonium wrote:Even though there's some flubs, still a very awesome performance with Josh's guitar way up front in this clip:

nice playing by Josh. I like his solo in this a lot more than that 4 note nonsense solos John used to play live