Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
LJF

Re: Eric leaves NIN

#126 Post by LJF » Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:...so he did say they are doing separate arena shows in the fall right? :lol:

(and when i saw them in new jersey in like 07 or 08 that even sold out, and who the fuck goes to new jersey)

New Yorkers who support the NY Giants and NY Jets because they play in NJ.

JOEinPHX

#127 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 am

Eric B. wrote:So I guess Eric is The Great Escape Artist after all.......
he's foreskin.

Romeo

#128 Post by Romeo » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:...so he did say they are doing separate arena shows in the fall right? :lol:

(and when i saw them in new jersey in like 07 or 08 that even sold out, and who the fuck goes to new jersey)
Only if I want cheap gas & cigarettes! :lol:

Deconstruction

#129 Post by Deconstruction » Fri May 24, 2013 1:31 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Eric B. wrote:So I guess Eric is The Great Escape Artist after all.......
he's foreskin.
Trent wasssssss the reeeeeeal head!

tubro

#130 Post by tubro » Fri May 24, 2013 2:51 am

Romeo wrote:

dude who fixes my amps has his shop in nj. plus i much prefer newark to jfk for int'l flights. aside from that, if i want to smell something awful, i can always stick my head in my kid's diaper genie.
hahaha, see, its not just ja that we hate.

creep
Site Admin

#131 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 am

tubro wrote:
Romeo wrote:

dude who fixes my amps has his shop in nj. plus i much prefer newark to jfk for int'l flights. aside from that, if i want to smell something awful, i can always stick my head in my kid's diaper genie.
hahaha, see, its not just ja that we hate.
a few years ago i lived in new jersey for three months for a job. i was 5 miles from red bank and that place was really nice. other than that i really hated it. it just seemed like a really depressing place. everyone seemed so miserable.

bman

#132 Post by bman » Fri May 24, 2013 7:41 am

Navarro DISSED Avery hard on Dark Matter. Joking about his 12 hour you tube thing dissing Janes, and then dissed him for qutting Janes to do all these great artistic things, which he hasn't done, only to quit NIN. Then said his solo work sounds like a guy at Guitar center randomly turning knobs on a synthesizer!

Kajicat

#133 Post by Kajicat » Fri May 24, 2013 8:21 am

bman wrote:Navarro DISSED Avery hard on Dark Matter. Joking about his 12 hour you tube thing dissing Janes, and then dissed him for qutting Janes to do all these great artistic things, which he hasn't done, only to quit NIN. Then said his solo work sounds like a guy at Guitar center randomly turning knobs on a synthesizer!
OOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!!!!

A new era of hate now begins.

Next up: Perky gets really, really stoned and slams Avery for leaving Jane's on his new podcast.

Tyler Durden

#134 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 8:40 am

I see both sides of the coin here. Eric probably shouldn't have thrown his weight around when he reunited with them; acting as if it was still his band by wanting things done a certain way...like jamming with Dave and Perk while Perry was off doing whatever him and his wifey do. But at the same time, while I'm sure it was hard to work with Perry in the late 80s/early 90s...it was probably a cake walk compared to Etty-era Perry.

Matz

#135 Post by Matz » Fri May 24, 2013 8:55 am

bman wrote:Navarro DISSED Avery hard on Dark Matter. Joking about his 12 hour you tube thing dissing Janes, and then dissed him for qutting Janes to do all these great artistic things, which he hasn't done, only to quit NIN. Then said his solo work sounds like a guy at Guitar center randomly turning knobs on a synthesizer!
:lol: he fuckin said all that? what episode was that I'd love to check that out. Dave's usually a gentleman so it seems odd though

Pandemonium

#136 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Eric probably shouldn't have thrown his weight around when he reunited with them; acting as if it was still his band by wanting things done a certain way...like jamming with Dave and Perk while Perry was off doing whatever him and his wifey do.
I don't get that comment. What does it matter if Eric jammed with the other two guys while Perry was off fucking around doing other shit? I seriously doubt Eric came by Stephen and Dave's homes, dragged them out in handcuffs to a rehearsal studio and made them play while holding a loaded gun to their heads.

creep
Site Admin

#137 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 am

Matz wrote:
:lol: he fuckin said all that? what episode was that I'd love to check that out. Dave's usually a gentleman so it seems odd though
:lol: i just listened and he goes off on eric. he wasn't on the show but called in about two hours in. he basically said that if eric can talk shit with the sonny interview why can't he. apparently eric also went around talking shit about dave and stephen to people in the music industry and it got back to him.

http://6767.com/

creep
Site Admin

#138 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 10:51 am

creep wrote:
Matz wrote:
:lol: i just listened and he goes off on eric. he wasn't on the show but called in about two hours in. he basically said that if eric can talk shit with the sonny interview why can't he. apparently eric also went around talking shit about dave and stephen to people in the music industry and it got back to him.

here...i edited just the eric part if you want to listen

http://soundcloud.com/user7279338/dm

Tyler Durden

#139 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Eric probably shouldn't have thrown his weight around when he reunited with them; acting as if it was still his band by wanting things done a certain way...like jamming with Dave and Perk while Perry was off doing whatever him and his wifey do.
I don't get that comment. What does it matter if Eric jammed with the other two guys while Perry was off fucking around doing other shit? I seriously doubt Eric came by Stephen and Dave's homes, dragged them out in handcuffs to a rehearsal studio and made them play while holding a loaded gun to their heads.
I didn't think it was a big deal that Eric wanted to jam with Dave and Stephen while Perry was off doing something (can't remember what it was) but Perry certainly had a problem with it. I'm just trying to see things from Perry's perspective. He obviously felt threatened given that Jane's had kind of been a trio with him, Dave, and Perk for over ten years (on and off, obviously). And given how highly we and others held Eric in esteem, Perry must have looked at it as his territory being invaded by an (old) outsider. Eric probably thought he could just easily slide back into his old role but Perry's ego couldn't handle it. I'm not siding with Perry...just looking at it from his (paranoid/fragile) perspective.

crater

#140 Post by crater » Fri May 24, 2013 10:53 am

People willingly listen to that Dark Matter show? I just fast forwarded it to the Dave/Eric section and those three (?) other Dave ball lickers in the studio are awful.

I have my own issues with Eric, but I'd much rather be the guy that makes music that sounds like I'm turning knobs at Guitar Center than be a douche in a band that plays the same ten 30 year old songs every night, that my lead singers no talent wife now sings back up on.

One more thing. If the music Eric just put out is so lame, I wonder what Dave's opinion on the shit show Perry makes with Etty?

Since Perry is Dave's mealticket these days, I'm sure he would give that Perry/Etty bullshit a glowing review.

SR

#141 Post by SR » Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 am

Haven't seen balls like that on DN since 91. "I'm on reserve". :lol:

farrellgirl99

#142 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:11 am

Wow. Drama up in here.

I agree with Cater that I do think its pretty much bullshit for Dave to think he is still engaging in a creative band. Like, give me a break. There is nothing creative about what janes is doing right now so I don't think he can shit on Eric for his music. The interview and quitting, whatever, fine.

Tyler Durden

#143 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 11:11 am

First off, I fucking HATE the ass licking yes men that Dave always has on his radio show. These guys are so far up Dave's asshole, it's incredibly uncomfortable to listen to. I'm embarrassed for these bottom feeding, scavenger douchebags. They're just there to tell Dave how great they think he is and hope to bang his table scraps.

As for Dave's dissing of Eric, Dave has quit Jane's Addiction just as many times as Eric, if not more. Sure, Dave didn't make a 3 hour video interview about it...instead he just announced JA was broken up the same day Perry's baby (Lollapalooza) was cancelled and "replaced" Perry (behind his back) by forming The Panic Channel. Who is he to point fingers? I don't even recall Eric criticizing Dave in the Sonny interview.

Maybe Dave is back on dope?

bman

#144 Post by bman » Fri May 24, 2013 11:28 am

Dave was dissing Eric mainly b/c Eric can't stop talking shit evidently. Eric was talking shit about Dave and Steve to MUSIC people. Not just bashing Perry on YouTube. And TGEA is Far better than anything Eric has put out since Deconstruction. Eric is a pussy and quits on everything. Dave and the rest of the band have shown a lot of restraint. That youtube thing was rediculous. I love Eric for forming JA and writing with Perry. But Eric is the reason there's not a full 100% Janes Addiction. He quit.

Tyler Durden

#145 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

My comment was posted before I'd even finished listening to the portion that creep posted...so I hadn't heard that Eric talked shit to industry people about Dave, etc. But still, Dave talking shit and not taking the high road, only makes himself look bad. My point in stating that Dave shouldn't point fingers is that I don't think there is any one person at fault with regard to the end of the original JA...the blame can go all around from the looks of it. None of these guys appear to genuinely get along or like each other.

Matz

#146 Post by Matz » Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

creep wrote:
creep wrote:
Matz wrote:

thanks. Kind of sad it would come to this even with Dave and Eric. But if Eric really has been bitching around like that I guess I can understand it, hard not to respond if you're Dave even though he should rise above it

blackcoffee

#147 Post by blackcoffee » Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 am

creep wrote:
creep wrote:
Matz wrote:

Wow. Suck an uncut cock, Dave Navarro.

I

blackcoffee

#148 Post by blackcoffee » Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 am

Tyler Durden wrote:My comment was posted before I'd even finished listening to the portion that creep posted...so I hadn't heard that Eric talked shit to industry people about Dave, etc. But still, Dave talking shit and not taking the high road, only makes himself look bad. My point in stating that Dave shouldn't point fingers is that I don't think there is any one person at fault with regard to the end of the original JA...the blame can go all around from the looks of it. None of these guys appear to genuinely get along or like each other.
Eric had a smug attitude at times in the interview Sonny did. It made me uncomfortable, but Dave telling us Eric talks shit to industry people is gossip. Plain and simple.

Deconstruction

#149 Post by Deconstruction » Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 pm

haha love Dave's rant on Eric, fucking classic. His point of view is very understandable, especially since Eric is supposedly talking shit about him and Stephen. I don't think there's a real 'black and white, right or wrong' case on the whole Jane's feud. Perry obviously had control freak tendencies, while Avery obviously does not work well with others.
Last edited by Deconstruction on Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deconstruction

#150 Post by Deconstruction » Fri May 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Also, the story will take off now! http://grungereport.net/?p=25585