Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Re: Eric leaves NIN

#151 Post by chaos » Fri May 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Deconstruction wrote:Also, the story will take off now! http://grungereport.net/?p=25585
:pop: :lol:

Tyler Durden

#152 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Last edited by Tyler Durden on Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matov

#153 Post by Matov » Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm

its really sad that the highest entertainment value this band can offer nowadays (well ever since relapse i think) comes from their soap opera bullshit and not from their music/live show :eyes:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#154 Post by Hokahey » Fri May 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Deconstruction wrote:Also, the story will take off now! http://grungereport.net/?p=25585
Wow. Nice write up.

Man that Xiola interview really pissed them all off. :lolol:

Dave makes some good points. But Eric made some too. At the end of the day, I think Eric seems to "get" what made Jane's important than any of them. But Eric also clearly has some kind of issue following through with things. It's all weird.

I wonder if Eric's attitude is what pushed Perry in to acting like and dressing like such an idiot during NINJA, or if Eric's attitude was caused by it?

It's all pretty sad and pathetic.

Tyler Durden

#155 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm

hokahey wrote:
I wonder if Eric's attitude is what pushed Perry in to acting like and dressing like such an idiot during NINJA
Nah, Perry being gay caused that.

Seriously though, these two butted heads right from the get-go of the NIN/JA era. The disdain and resentment was fully palpable at the NME awards show.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#156 Post by Hokahey » Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I wonder if Eric's attitude is what pushed Perry in to acting like and dressing like such an idiot during NINJA

Seriously though, these two butted heads right from the get-go of the NIN/JA era. The disdain and resentment was fully palpable at the NME awards show.
Perry seemed to REALLY ratchet it up during NINJA, and afterword really dialed it back down. Could very well be that after Eric he left he realized some of the criticism was warranted. Or, he was just trolling Eric a bit prior.

someguy

#157 Post by someguy » Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Reunion tour 2015

Essence_Smith

#158 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri May 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Bottom line...ain't none of these cats putting out shit worth listening to right now...

Tyler Durden

#159 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 24, 2013 3:59 pm

hokahey wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
hokahey wrote:

Perry seemed to REALLY ratchet it up during NINJA, and afterword really dialed it back down. Could very well be that after Eric he left he realized some of the criticism was warranted. Or, he was just trolling Eric a bit prior.
I think he was trolling Eric and US. It was obvious that Perry and/or Etty was reading our comments on xiola about his wardrobe at that time. And as the summer of '09 went on, the outfits got more and more ridiculous.

creep
Site Admin

#160 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm

our girl etty chimes in
Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell 23m

I literally just laughed out loud & fell out of my chair. http://grungereport.net/?p=25585 This is why I ❤ @DaveNavarro @janesaddiction #4ever

Kajicat

#161 Post by Kajicat » Fri May 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Etty is gangster.

Noonesshocking

#162 Post by Noonesshocking » Fri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm

I love this band.

Artemis

#163 Post by Artemis » Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
creep wrote:
creep wrote:
Matz wrote:
bman wrote:Navarro DISSED Avery hard on Dark Matter. Joking about his 12 hour you tube thing dissing Janes, and then dissed him for qutting Janes to do all these great artistic things, which he hasn't done, only to quit NIN. Then said his solo work sounds like a guy at Guitar center randomly turning knobs on a synthesizer!
:lol: he fuckin said all that? what episode was that I'd love to check that out. Dave's usually a gentleman so it seems odd though
:lol: i just listened and he goes off on eric. he wasn't on the show but called in about two hours in. he basically said that if eric can talk shit with the sonny interview why can't he. apparently eric also went around talking shit about dave and stephen to people in the music industry and it got back to him.

http://6767.com/
here...i edited just the eric part if you want to listen

http://soundcloud.com/user7279338/dm

Wow. Suck an uncut cock, Dave Navarro.

I

:lol: My sentiments exactly!

I thought Dave had a little more class that than that. Even if it's true that EA is talking shit to people, Dave shoul have taken the high road. Okay, a few jabs, no problem, but some of his comments were mean-spirited.

Deconstruction

#164 Post by Deconstruction » Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:I love this band.
This is great. It makes you realize that Perry isn't really 'the villain.' All four of them are nuts. Fucking hilarious.

Kajicat

#165 Post by Kajicat » Fri May 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Anyone's hopes of Deconstruction 2 have been dashed.

I side with Dave on this. He's allowed to say some things and speak his mind for a couple minutes considering Eric talked shit about Jane's for hours with Sonny, then is apparently still talking shit in the industry.

It would be great to hear what Perk has to say. I feel like he'd be the truth speaker. Even without Jane's, I bet Perk could make a nice living doing drum clinics, instructional DVD's, and studio work if he had to. I dunno...

kv

#166 Post by kv » Fri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

first of all the xiola interview ( bet sonny is loving this) is a couple years old at least...should people be over that? and i bet the industry trash talk is a lot more on the lines of

industry guy: wow eric what happened with janes bummed that didn't work
eric: ya we tried just wasn't meant to be...wasn't what i hoped
IG; how so didn't get along with the guy
eric: ya people were a pain so it goes

ig: sup dave whats up
dave: hey
ig; talked to avery about you guys he didn't seem happy
dave: what?!

it's all second hand shit...you are never gonna work together again why open that up? and like others have said when you are paired up with the perry etty guy wtf would you comment on avery knowing your silence on perrys bullshit counters the bullshit you will say on avery

avery...like him or hate him tried to make jane's worth a shit again...making new music...stopping perrys from dance party dj versions of jane's...it didn't work but he tried at least

the revisionist history shit about "oh eric leaves the band" bitch you left with him the first time!

Romeo

#167 Post by Romeo » Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Right. Because Dave never talked shit about Perry on SRL. Dave was never upset when Perry was doing press (during the SP days) and making digs at him.

Oh that's right because the nostalgia tours of all the sheds in America is currently his meal ticket.
Stay classy Navarro.

creep
Site Admin

#168 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 5:04 pm

the thing i am most upset about is the one comment on the audio clip is from "creepsbaldhead" :cona:

kv

#169 Post by kv » Fri May 24, 2013 5:05 pm

i mean dave, perk and chris all bailed on perry...stole the whole band and went and made a shitty fucking record then crawled back

only reason eric came back after saying no a number of times was the nostalgia of the nme thing thats pure...where f the panic channel had gotten big dave would be talking shit about perry right now

Romeo

#170 Post by Romeo » Fri May 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Bottom line...ain't none of these cats putting out shit worth listening to right now...
:nod:

kv

#171 Post by kv » Fri May 24, 2013 5:09 pm

ding ding winner

Romeo

#172 Post by Romeo » Fri May 24, 2013 5:15 pm

I love how all their collective memories are shot to shit & forgot how' many times they ripped each other PUBLICLY.

These guys are so far removed from anything they ever were. It sort of makes me sick.

creep
Site Admin

#173 Post by creep » Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

:noclue: i'm all for them ripping each other. it gives us something to talk about and it's nice to get an honest opinion out of someone famous.

Deconstruction

#174 Post by Deconstruction » Fri May 24, 2013 6:11 pm

This is all a cake walk compared to what's going on with STP. At least nobody is suing anybody.

Juana

#175 Post by Juana » Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Deconstruction wrote:This is all a cake walk compared to what's going on with STP. At least nobody is suing anybody.
Dont do it don't you thread jack.

And I'm glad Dave spoke his mind but at the same time they all need to grow the fuck up.