Ministry

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Ministry

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/ju ... sfeed=true

Anyone's that's been following the current tour shouldn't be surprised to hear about Al's "health problems." There's been numerous shows this year where he's appeared to be pretty trashed onstage and it's no secret he's drinking heavily again despite the BS news spin about his blood test being clean. Worse, there's video on Youtube and many peoples accounts from this tour how he has a 100% vocal track that he (poorly) lip syncs to the entire show and because he's so fucked up most of the time, he's nowhere near the mic while he's "singing." He makes Ozzy seem like Bruce Springsteen as far as having his shit together. It's really painful to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8WXLcrFe4

Considering how badly he fucked up his body up until Ministry's so-called retirement a few years back and what he's doing to himself now, the guy is living on borrowed time.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Ministry

#2 Post by creep » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm

yeah he doesn't look too healthy. i also didn't know he had all of that shit in his face. not a good look.

pandarve666

#3 Post by pandarve666 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 am

Last week I saw Ministry's show in Holland and it was really good. Al seemed sober and the show kicked ass. This was my third Ministry show. The first one somewhere around '98-'99 was really outstanding, the second one around 2007 was painful to watch. I'm happy to see that Ministry has not become a nostalgia act, but really has what it takes to kick ass again. Next week they'll play here in Belgium again and I think I am gonna be present again. Machine Head is playing the same venue that night. www.lokersefeesten.be

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am

Ministry&Death Grips tour

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/07/ ... -together/
Industrial rock purveyors Ministry are teaming up with modern-day hardcore anarchists Death Grips for a US tour. The 21-date jaunt kicks off October 13th in Worcester, Massachusetts and continues into November. The itinerary includes two nights in New York City as well as stops in Cleveland, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Phoenix. See the full schedule below.

Ministry will be touring in support of their forthcoming album, AmeriKKKant, which is due out later this year. Death Grips are also due to release a new album in the coming months, the follow-up to last year’s Bottomless Pit.

Ministry with Death Grips 2017 Tour Dates:
10/13 – Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
10/14 – Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
10/16 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Steel
10/17 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5
10/19 – Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
10/20 – Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
10/21 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
10/23 – Detroit, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
10/24 – Columbus, OH @ Express Live
10/26 – Minneapolis, MN @ Skyway Theatre
10/27 – Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theater
10/29 – Denver, CO @ The Fillmore
10/30 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
11/01 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox Sodo
11/02 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
11/04 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Palladium
11/05 – San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
11/07 – Phoenix, AZ @ The Van Buren
11/08 – Albuquerque, NM @ The Historic El Rey Theater
11/10 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
11/11 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Live!

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:44 am

Might check out the Hollywood Palladium show depending on what they're playing and how good the band sounds. It will be a game day decision.

elportosurfer9

#6 Post by elportosurfer9 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Honestly, the metal thing is not my cup of tea, but I thought Psalm 69 was a great record and tour. If he did Land of Rape and Honey, Mind than I am there. Do some of the Twitch songs again, but that would require Barker back in the fold, and that is not happening. :sad: :sad:

jptm

#7 Post by jptm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 pm

...& DG is a must-see; don't miss 'em.

Xizen47

#8 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 pm

jptm wrote:...& DG is a must-see; don't miss 'em.
if they show up :lol:

blackula

#9 Post by blackula » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Might check out the Hollywood Palladium show depending on what they're playing and how good the band sounds. It will be a game day decision.
I saw them twice on the same tour and the shows were 100% different. 1 was awesome and then 4 weeks later they totally fucking sucked where we actually went to the bar 1/2 way through then left. It was when Dubya was president, I remember Al either wearing a Dubya mask or mock beating someone up in a Dubya mask. My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult opened the first show and really sucked, were booed a lot and left the tour by the time it came back to NY. At BB Kings Ministry was awesome, 4 weeks later on Long Island they were a different band. I'm sure 4 consecutive weeks of partying and then playing the Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale, NY (yes, really lame) is something that's not easy to get up for but they were terrible. 4 weeks earlier...fucking awesome! They were really intense and energetic

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 am

blackula wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Might check out the Hollywood Palladium show depending on what they're playing and how good the band sounds. It will be a game day decision.
I saw them twice on the same tour and the shows were 100% different. 1 was awesome and then 4 weeks later they totally fucking sucked where we actually went to the bar 1/2 way through then left. It was when Dubya was president, I remember Al either wearing a Dubya mask or mock beating someone up in a Dubya mask. My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult opened the first show and really sucked, were booed a lot and left the tour by the time it came back to NY. At BB Kings Ministry was awesome, 4 weeks later on Long Island they were a different band. I'm sure 4 consecutive weeks of partying and then playing the Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale, NY (yes, really lame) is something that's not easy to get up for but they were terrible. 4 weeks earlier...fucking awesome! They were really intense and energetic
I saw them a couple times on different tours a few years apart when Al was on the whole anti-Bush Jr shtick, both at different House Of Blues clubs (Anaheim and Hollywood). The first show was just ok, but the next show was terrible. Revolting Cocks opened and as much of a joke band they were, they were still a *lot* better and more entertaining then Ministry. It didn't help that the Hollywood HOB had about the worst house sound of any club in SoCal and Ministry was simply playing stupidly loud so every song sounded like white noise. The capper was Al was barely a sideman in his band, often leaning or sitting on the drum riser not even making an attempt to play. To this day, that has been the last Ministry show I've seen.

My barometer for Ministry has always been the first time I saw them back on the Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste tour in '90 and the Psalm 69 tour in '92.

Sight Laber

#11 Post by Sight Laber » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Saw Death Grips in Houston at Fitzgeralds. Pure energy the entire show. PURE ENERGY! Small venue. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Artemis

#12 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Seeing Ministry tonight with Gary Numan and Front Line Assembly.

I'm going mainly for Gary Numan.

Last time I saw Ministry was about 20 years ago, same tour Blackula was talking about with My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult and Hanzel und Gretyl.
HanzelUnd Gretyl were good, Kill Kult sucked and Ministry was "meh".

Apparently Ministry has a new album, haven't heard any songs yet.

The current tour has been getting great reviews, so we'll see. My earplugs are in my purse already...it's going to be loud! :rockon:

lollapaloser

#13 Post by lollapaloser » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 am

Artemis wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Last time I saw Ministry was about 20 years ago, same tour Blackula was talking about with My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult and Hanzel und Gretyl.

The current tour has been getting great reviews, so we'll see. My earplugs are in my purse already...it's going to be loud! :rockon:
Hey Artemis,
How was it? I'm going tomorrow night.

:wave:

Artemis

#14 Post by Artemis » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:01 pm

lollapaloser wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 am
Artemis wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Hey Artemis,
How was it? I'm going tomorrow night.

:wave:
Hi Lollapaloser! :wave:

What an awesome triple bill! I loved it!

I arrived at the venue (2,500 capacity) just before 7:30 while Front Line Assembly was on and the place was already PACKED! FLA has its fans who turned out last night in full force. I caught the last couple of songs, their set wrapped up about 7:45. I knew some of their songs from club days of the past, but was never really into them. They sounded good though, crowd was into it and really showed their approval. At 8, Gary Numan came on and played for 60 minutes. As always, he delivered. If you've never seen him, you are in for a treat. He is a very underrated artist. I hate to use this saying but it's apt here to say that those who know, know. He's been putting out records and touring steadily for years. He and his band were incredible! He looks and sounds great for a 66 year old guy. Do not miss , Gary!

After a 30 minute break, Ministry came on promptly at 9:30. My plan was to leave after a few songs but I couldn't drag myself away. The first 5 songs or were from the new album- Hopiumforthemasses. They were terrific! After that they mixed up with some older tunes like Stigmata, N.W.O., Just One Fix, to name a few, 2 encores. Being a Saturday night, the mostly 50+ crowd was well lubed and really into it. The biggest complaint was having to stand for so long. Even though one might feel like a 20 year old in spirit, the 50+ year old body doesn't feel like that in reality. :lol:

It was a really great night. All the bands were excellent!

Please bring earplugs to the show tomorrow. It's REALLY loud! In a FB group I'm in a guy commented that the db levels reached 102 during N.W.O. and got as high as 106. I don't know if he worked at the venue or had some kind of app, but seriously, bring earplugs.

Have an amazing time tomorrow ! It's a bummer that the show is on a Monday night. Hope you've been keeping well!

Here's a vid of Ministry...not mine.

lollapaloser

#15 Post by lollapaloser » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:04 am

Awesome, thanks for the review! I'm excited! I took tomorrow off so I should be ok. It is getting tougher to get up early after these shows!
Hope all is well with you!

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 am

Artemis wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:01 pm

I haven't watched a Ministry clip in years. Does he lip sync the whole show? I looks and sounds like it. :noclue:

Artemis

#17 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:51 pm

creep wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:22 am
Artemis wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:01 pm

I haven't watched a Ministry clip in years. Does he lip sync the whole show? I looks and sounds like it. :noclue:
Oh, I don't know, didn't occur to me that he was/is doing that. Maybe it's a bit of real and lip syncing. Could be why I thought the show sounded so good. :lol:

You're probably right. Otherwise how can Al maintain such a heavy tour schedule without straining voice. For example, they are doing 5 nights in row which started on the 16th.