House of Cards (Netflix)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
farrellgirl99

Re: House of Cards (Netflix)

#41 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:i tend to overlook the fact than a character might me annoying if they are hot. i think i did that with her.
That's the thing. I don't find the actress hot at all. I think she's really weird looking. So I don't like the character or the actress. Now her sister, Rooney Mara, I find to be truly hot. :nod:
farrellgirl99 wrote:im up to episode six :conf:

in my defense, it is snowing out again and i didnt want to leave the house today anyway
You don't need to make excuses. I'm up to episode four. Granted it's been snowing a lot, but I'd be up to episode four anyway. :noclue:
thats true. though now my eyes are hurting so im taking a break. i feel like its a race to watch the whole season before someone spoils it for me

Juana

#42 Post by Juana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm on episode 9 of the new season and wow from episode 1 on its been pretty awesome so far. I have really been digging it.

farrellgirl99

#43 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 pm

and i finished.

predictable in the end but fun to get there. and without spoiling it, what happened between the three people in episode 11 was so great.

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:01 pm

I haven't read a thing from this thread to avoid spoilers, but today we watched the first 2 episodes of the second season. My girlfriend couldn't believe the big twist in the first episode and I loved it.

Also, the ass from Zoe was mighty fine.

creep
Site Admin

#45 Post by creep » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:49 pm

spoiler alert

kevin spacey throws like a 9 year old girl

Xizen47

#46 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:13 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:what happened between the three people in episode 11 was so great.
Really? I thought the show reached a new low with that... I know it's entertainment, but that along with the previous murders dumbs the show down imo

SR

#47 Post by SR » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Good ep 1 season 3.

SR

#48 Post by SR » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Into ep. 3. Brilliant!

farrellgirl99

#49 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 pm

another season, another saturday spent binge watching :pop:

farrellgirl99

#50 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 pm

i finished it already :conf:

SR

#51 Post by SR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 am

On a scale of 1-10?

farrellgirl99

#52 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm

SR wrote:On a scale of 1-10?
I give it a 6. The end got pretty tense, but i don't think there was as much action as the previous seasons.

SR

#53 Post by SR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:01 pm

SPOILER!!!!!!!

Just finished. I'd give it an eight. I really enjoyed the Putin like Russian leader. But thought the stamper murder a bit convoluted. And Claire's breakdown also misguided.

chaos

#54 Post by chaos » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/net ... 01019.html

Netflix Cancels ‘House Of Cards’, Says It’s “Deeply Troubled” Over Kevin Spacey Claims
Dominic Patten, Deadline 3 hours ago

UPDATED with Netflix statement: As allegations of unwanted sexual advances in 1986 by Kevin Spacey against then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp have emerged, Netflix today decided to pull the plug on the Spacey-starring House of Cards after the upcoming sixth season next year.

Coming just more than 12 hours after Star Trek Discovery star Rapp first made public his allegations of what happened at a party at Spacey’s New York City apartment back in the mid-1980s, the streaming service made the official decision today, sources tell us. While Netflix and producers Media Rights Capital were leaning towards ending the show a while ago, key cast and creatives were only alerted this morning in a series of calls.

“Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey,” the companies said in a joint statement today. “In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”

We have also heard that Netflix’s Spacey-starring film Gore about the acerbic author Gore Vidal may be on the chopping block now too. The Reed Hastings-run streaming service has stayed officially silent on the sexual advance claims. No word yet if the NYPD is looking into the Rapp claims that allegedly occurred in its jurisdiction.

Late Sunday, Rapp claimed that then-26-year-old Spacey drunkenly put the teen on a bed to “seduce” him. “I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually,” Rapp said last night of the 1986 incident when Spacey and he were both on Broadway in a revival of Long Day’s Journey Into Night and Precious Sons, respectively.

Shortly afterwards Sunday, Spacey issued a statement on social media saying he “did not remember the encounter” but added he was “horrified” by what Rapp described. “If I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” Spacey said.

The Oscar-winning Spacey also used the occasion to announce publicly that chose now to “to live as a gay man,” a move that drew harsh rebukes swiftly online and otherwise. As for Rapp, the actor said on Twitter after Spacey’s apology and announcement that he had “no further comment …at this time.”

As the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment and sexual assault scandal continues to grow, the claims against Spacey also come as the Emmy-nominated House of Cards is currently in production in Maryland on its sixth season.

In what has been a career-defining and critically praised role, Spacey plays the manipulative and murderous now ex-President Francis Underwood in the Netflix series. Season 5 of the show ended with Robin Wright’s Claire Underwood now in the Oval Office as America’s first female POTUS as Spacey’s Underwood resigned in disgrace.

Having truly launched Netflix’s original programming explosion in 2013, the David Fincher-EP’d House of Cards was created by Beau Willimon based on the 1990 BBC series from Michael Dobbs’ novel.

The 13-episode Season 6 of House of Cards is expected to debut in mid-2018 on Netflix.

Larry B.

#55 Post by Larry B. » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 pm

And yeah, a bit fucked up that he played the "I'm coming out as gay" card for this one.

I do believe him when he says that he doesn't remember the episode - he wouldn't be the first nor the last to fuck up whilst drunk or under the influence of some other shit. And we all know that most, if not all industries, are quite promiscuous. Translators fuck each other all the time. Lawyers fuck each other all the time, musicians, actors, yoga instructors, gamers fuck each other all the time.

Spacey must've been a bit wasted, must've thought "that kid is definitely up for it", and fucked up - not because of the sexual advance, but because he was a minor (who, by the way, shouldn't have been at that party in the first place. What kind of naive parent or guardian allows his kid to go to a grown-up's party?)

And about the cancellation of the show... I think it was already dead anyway, wasn't it? After the 2nd series, it quickly went downhill.

Pandemonium

#56 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Larry B. wrote:And yeah, a bit fucked up that he played the "I'm coming out as gay" card for this one.

I do believe him when he says that he doesn't remember the episode - he wouldn't be the first nor the last to fuck up whilst drunk or under the influence of some other shit. And we all know that most, if not all industries, are quite promiscuous. Translators fuck each other all the time. Lawyers fuck each other all the time, musicians, actors, yoga instructors, gamers fuck each other all the time.
Sure, but there's no excuse for an adult trying to hump a teenager under any circumstances.

But yeah, the whole explanation that the teenager (at the time) was somehow invited to Spacey's apt for an otherwise "adult" party sounds very odd. Where were the parents in this?

Mescal

#57 Post by Mescal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Larry B. wrote: Lawyers fuck each other all the time, musicians, actors, yoga instructors, gamers fuck each other all the time.
Really?

I'm in the wrong business ...

And my wife is a translator :scared:

Larry B.

#58 Post by Larry B. » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:10 am

Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote: Lawyers fuck each other all the time, musicians, actors, yoga instructors, gamers fuck each other all the time.
Really?

I'm in the wrong business ...

And my wife is a translator :scared:
She's why I got into the business in the first place!

But in all seriousness, there isn't one industry I've known where people don't fuck each other. It's quite logical, really. You get to know people at parties/meetings/projects and the like. From the homeless to high-level politicians, they fuck each other.

perkana

#59 Post by perkana » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:And yeah, a bit fucked up that he played the "I'm coming out as gay" card for this one.

Sure, but there's no excuse for an adult trying to hump a teenager under any circumstances.

But yeah, the whole explanation that the teenager (at the time) was somehow invited to Spacey's apt for an otherwise "adult" party sounds very odd. Where were the parents in this?
I thought that was really weird (re: where were the parents) but then I remembered the Kidz movie. Fucked up of Mr. Spacey to blame it on booze and then come out. I read about Bryan Singer and his infatuation with underage men. Guess he's the next one to get slammed.

Xizen47

#60 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 am

If only we can hold our real president to the same standards

Pandemonium

#61 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm

perkana wrote:I read about Bryan Singer and his infatuation with underage men. Guess he's the next one to get slammed.
Oliver Stones also has that rep with underage boys.

Pandemonium

#62 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Spacey has lost his mind:

Artemis

#63 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:55 am

WTF?? :crazy: