Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
JOEinPHX

Re: Eric leaves NIN or "the breakdown of nyrexall"

#1226 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Jammyshill wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:This all reminds me of that self titled Pearl Jam record. Everyone kissed that record's ass and proclaimed "they're back!" but largely that record was a turd sandwich.
Whilst I agree about the Avocado album being shit, it didn't receive reviews anything like what Hesitation Marks is getting.
It got cover stories.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... g-20060629

I was at the Cleveland show in which Ed wiped his ass with this RS cover too.

"The second coming".... "they're back!"... Everyone hailed PJ's "return" during that album, even though they never stopped making albums or took any excessive breaks.

The reviews were fairly high too, for an album that didn't deserve them, all because "they're back!"...

http://www.metacritic.com/music/pearl-j ... ic-reviews
Whilst you obviously don't like it, which is obviously totally fine, it's clear that a lot of people think it's a really good album, and it's being received very well.
Same as Avocado.
You and Hoka seem determined to find reasons why everybody else is wrong,
I haven't really posted much about it. Everyone else is arguing. I am just comparing to other similar "comeback" albums that aren't even comebacks.
but why not just accept that it's an album you don't get that must have something about it?
I "get it", Trent is going minimalist. i just don't like it. :noclue:
You have very strong opinions on why people's perception of the album is wrong,
I haven't once said anyone is wrong for liking it.
yet you praised TGEA when it came out,
I gave it a 7.5

And I still like several songs on it.
which is generally regarded, rightly, as a piece of shit.
In comparison to Ritual and NS. Same as the fact that Hesitation Marks is a piece of shit in comparison to The Fragile.

And the same way that Avocado is a piece if shit in comparison to No Code
You can't have it both ways.
I can have it any way I want. Just because i like a green Picasso but not a red Picasso, doesn't mean I can't like a red Michaelangelo but not a green Michaelangelo. Art is funny that way, you can like whatever you want. Imagine that.

JOEinPHX

#1227 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Jammyshill wrote:
Avocado and Backspacer are the only two Pearl Jam albums for me that aren't amazing/ great one way or another.
100% In agreement.

Jammyshill

#1228 Post by Jammyshill » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 pm

hokahey wrote:
Jammyshill wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Jammyshill wrote:
Which stereotype is that you complete moron?
The one you just reinforced.
The one you just made up. If you can really suggest that anybody else is ignorant in their opinion about music after the things you've said, you're somehow even more stupid than you come across at first glance.
I'm really sorry the new NIN isn't very good and it's clearly frustrating you. :(
Another cracking comeback. The fact your thick as pig shit is starting to lose it's amusement now. Try adding something to the conversation for a change; your 'opinions' are expressed like a retarded attention seeking teenager, and your 'banter' is shit/ embarrassing.

Jammyshill

#1229 Post by Jammyshill » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Jammyshill wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:This all reminds me of that self titled Pearl Jam record. Everyone kissed that record's ass and proclaimed "they're back!" but largely that record was a turd sandwich.
Whilst I agree about the Avocado album being shit, it didn't receive reviews anything like what Hesitation Marks is getting.
It got cover stories.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... g-20060629

I was at the Cleveland show in which Ed wiped his ass with this RS cover too.

"The second coming".... "they're back!"... Everyone hailed PJ's "return" during that album, even though they never stopped making albums or took any excessive breaks.

The reviews were fairly high too, for an album that didn't deserve them, all because "they're back!"...

http://www.metacritic.com/music/pearl-j ... ic-reviews
Whilst you obviously don't like it, which is obviously totally fine, it's clear that a lot of people think it's a really good album, and it's being received very well.
Same as Avocado.
You and Hoka seem determined to find reasons why everybody else is wrong,
I haven't really posted much about it. Everyone else is arguing. I am just comparing to other similar "comeback" albums that aren't even comebacks.
but why not just accept that it's an album you don't get that must have something about it?
I "get it", Trent is going minimalist. i just don't like it. :noclue:
You have very strong opinions on why people's perception of the album is wrong,
I haven't once said anyone is wrong for liking it.
yet you praised TGEA when it came out,
I gave it a 7.5

And I still like several songs on it.
which is generally regarded, rightly, as a piece of shit.
In comparison to Ritual and NS. Same as the fact that Hesitation Marks is a piece of shit in comparison to The Fragile.

And the same way that Avocado is a piece if shit in comparison to No Code
You can't have it both ways.
I can have it any way I want. Just because i like a green Picasso but not a red Picasso, doesn't mean I can't like a red Michaelangelo but not a green Michaelangelo. Art is funny that way, you can like whatever you want. Imagine that.
Yeah, as I stated to Tyler, I was wrong about the reception Avocado got, possibly because in England it got the attention it deserved; none.

I'm not going to dignify your last sentence with a response.

JOEinPHX

#1230 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:52 pm

ok

Japhy

#1231 Post by Japhy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:58 pm

This thread finally got interesting. Hoka's comment about non-americans on page 60 is pretty much the 1st time i've ever read a line on here and thought "cunt".

creep
Site Admin

#1232 Post by creep » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Japhy wrote:This thread finally got interesting. Hoka's comment about non-americans on page 60 is pretty much the 1st time i've ever read a line on here and thought "cunt".
well it was a response to this :noclue:
Jammyshill wrote:You're the stereotype who makes foreigners incorrectly assume that all Americans are loud mouth idiots with zero substance.

hokahey wrote: It's that kind of elitist, talking down to people that just reinforces stereotypes about non Americans being so full of themselves and their opinions that they can't see obvious truths.

Japhy

#1233 Post by Japhy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 pm

creep wrote:
Japhy wrote:This thread finally got interesting. Hoka's comment about non-americans on page 60 is pretty much the 1st time i've ever read a line on here and thought "cunt".
Jammyshill wrote:You're the stereotype who makes foreigners incorrectly assume that all Americans are loud mouth idiots with zero substance.

hokahey wrote: It's that kind of elitist, talking down to people that just reinforces stereotypes about non Americans being so full of themselves and their opinions that they can't see obvious truths.
I know mate but there was a very subtle difference... Jammy stated "incorrectly assume" - basically saying that he (as well as myself I might add) doesn't see americans that way at all. Hoka's comment read more as his personal belief. It's just my take on it anyway... words on a screen aren't always the face value they're taken at.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1234 Post by Hokahey » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Japhy wrote:
creep wrote:

I know mate but there was a very subtle difference... Jammy stated "incorrectly assume" - basically saying that he (as well as myself I might add) doesn't see americans that way at all. Hoka's comment read more as his personal belief. It's just my take on it anyway... words on a screen aren't always the face value they're taken at.
No no. Pay no mind. I just pop in to this thread and say whatever I think will get his panties in a bunch. Its all too easy. Please don't join him.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1235 Post by Hokahey » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Jammyshill wrote: The fact your thick as pig shit is starting to lose it's amusement now.
My thick as pig shit? :confused:
your 'opinions' are expressed like a retarded attention seeking teenager
It's incredibly ironic that such a post would be akin to the mentality of a teenager. You're the stereotype who makes foreigners incorrectly assume that all Americans are loud mouth idiots with zero substance.

Essence_Smith

#1236 Post by Essence_Smith » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Is this thread really this long? Jeebus... :lol:

JOEinPHX

#1237 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:38 pm

So... how about that last NIN show? :waits:

Tyler Durden

#1238 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:47 pm

There's a show streaming at this very moment.

NYRexall

#1239 Post by NYRexall » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 pm

I can't wait to see how the crowd reacts the first time they kick into 'Everything'.

creep
Site Admin

#1240 Post by creep » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

NYRexall wrote:I can't wait to see how the crowd reacts the first time they kick into 'Everything'.

MYXYLPLYX

#1241 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm

:lol:

farrellgirl99

#1242 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 pm

the real question is whether trent is wearing a skirt

creep
Site Admin

#1243 Post by creep » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:17 pm

:lol: wow

at least he still has on the same black tank top.

cursed male

#1244 Post by cursed male » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 pm

AllMusic Review: Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

4.5/5

Retirement never suited Trent Reznor. A workaholic who tempers his obsessive nature with a healthy streak of perfectionism, Reznor has put Nine Inch Nails in hibernation before, but the difference between the five years separating 2013's Hesitation Marks and 2008's The Slip and his previous extended gaps -- the half-decade between 1994's The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, the six years between The Fragile and 2005's With Teeth -- is that Reznor didn't go into seclusion, he merely stepped away from NIN. David Fincher drafted him to score The Social Network in 2010 -- Trent received an Academy Award for his trouble -- and that same year he formed How to Destroy Angels with longtime collaborator Atticus Ross and Mariqueen Maandig. Echoes of these two projects can be heard within the disciplined, detailed Hesitation Marks but much of the album's measured mood derives from the great settling within Reznor's personal life. He married Maandig in 2009 and subsequently had two children, so he's a decidedly different musician in 2013 than he was in 1993: he's not the tortured, angry young rebel struggling with addictions and angst, he's a sober family man. Sobriety centered Reznor and working in other capacities reinvigorated him, leading to the masterful Hesitation Marks, where he cannily evokes the past within the cloak of the future while focusing on the present. Certainly, Hesitation Marks brings to mind some of the earliest Nine Inch Nails records, particularly in how it's built upon actual danceable rhythms, but the sonic palette is brighter and broader than either Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral, feeling expansive even when it's punctuated with jarring, jagged bursts of electric noise and bursts of clustered beats. Reznor enlisted a bunch of art rock vets to help achieve this coiled, cloistered sound -- King Crimson guitarist Adrian Belew and bassist Pino Palladino play often, Lindsey Buckingham throws in some guitar; on the deluxe edition, Todd Rundgren Utopia-fies "All Time Low" with layers of harmonies -- and the additional musicians help keep the album open. Even if "Everything" -- a surprising power pop rush that's easily the most exuberant Nine Inch Nails has ever sounded -- was excised, Hesitation Marks would qualify as the most hopeful NIN album ever. Pain still punctuates the lyrics, Reznor still slides into moody black pools of sound, but there is no wallowing here, no fetishization of darkness. There is shade and light within Reznor's immaculate constructions, there is the ebb and flow of life, there is joy within the sheer sheets of sound. Hesitation Marks makes it quite clear that Trent Reznor is no longer an angry young man but rather a restless, inventive artist who is at peace with himself, and the result is a record that provides real, lasting nourishment.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/hesitatio ... 0002555061

JOEinPHX

#1245 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:37 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:the real question is whether trent is wearing a skirt

could be worse:

Jammyshill

#1246 Post by Jammyshill » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm

hokahey wrote:
Japhy wrote:
creep wrote:

No no. Pay no mind. I just pop in to this thread and say whatever I think will get his panties in a bunch. Its all too easy. Please don't join him.
It's "all too easy," but you haven't managed it yet. Making you look stupid/ like a cunt is proving to be as difficult as finding flaws in Trevor's remixes. Due to the fact Hesitation Mark's average review score is triple your IQ, you seem incapable of latching on to this fact.

NYRexall

#1247 Post by NYRexall » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Could be way worse.

kv

#1248 Post by kv » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:29 am

Jammyshill wrote: It's "all too easy," but you haven't managed it yet. Making you look stupid/ like a cunt is proving to be as difficult as finding flaws in Trevor's remixes. Due to the fact Hesitation Mark's average review score is triple your IQ, you seem incapable of latching on to this fact.
calls people cunts...yet claims to not be a troll

:bs:

sinep

#1249 Post by sinep » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:28 am

Jammyshill wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Japhy wrote:
creep wrote:

It's "all too easy," but you haven't managed it yet. Making you look stupid/ like a cunt is proving to be as difficult as finding flaws in Trevor's remixes. Due to the fact Hesitation Mark's average review score is triple your IQ, you seem incapable of latching on to this fact.
i like NIN.

seen trent live 3 or 4 times.

i haven't been paying too much attention to this thread or the recent NIN songs. but with that being said, you sound like a middle schooler. your comebacks aren't great.

and again'; i haven't read any of the arguments here, so i don't know if i'd be arguing against, or for, your point. just you are really bad with the comebacks.

Pandemonium

#1250 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 am

Six7Six7 wrote:could be worse:

That's funny, I never saw that photo before but used a very similar posed line drawing from the great comic artist Bernie Wrightson's illustrated "Frankenstein" book when I made my own "Best Of" CD disc artwork nearly a decade ago: