prince

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
phenobarb_bambalam

Re: prince

#21 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

creep wrote:i heard he is playing at the fillmore tonight or tomorrow in sf and people are already lined up. these days i doubt i would stand in line for more than 30 minutes for anyone.
He's doing two shows tomorrow night - I can't believe they'd allow anyone to camp out overnight. Saturday's show at The Fox was civilised. I got there half an hour before doors and was right at the front. Don't believe the hype! :wink:

Pandemonium

#22 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:34 am

Prince has patched things up with original record label Warner Bros and will (finally) release remastered (and in some cases deluxe multi-disc) releases of his original 80's-early 90's albums as well as new albums including the recently recorded album with the all-female "Eye" band. Probably the best thing for Prince, he now has control over all his masters.

trevor ayer

#23 Post by trevor ayer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 am

eye am excited to hear the 'unheard' songs prince promised with PR deluxe press release .. i've collected his outtakes for years .. but we all know he's got a ton in the vault even the hardcore nuts don't know about

drifter

#24 Post by drifter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 am

Prince will be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live on November 1st! Even better: Chris Rock is hosting!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/p ... hris-rock/

Essence_Smith

#25 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am

drifter wrote:Prince will be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live on November 1st! Even better: Chris Rock is hosting!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/p ... hris-rock/
Nice :rockon:

Did you guys see him on Arsenio??? He did the entire hour & even sat in on the audience sketch parts...

Matz

#26 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:41 am

I thought Arsenio was off the air

trevor ayer

#27 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

arsenio was kinda fun .. but it's funny that p got so pissed at wb delaying his new records that he went and did the promo like 6 months too early .. arsenio aint even around anymore and the new p records just came out .. snl has a lot of potential to be funny .. and a lot of potential for prince to suck all the air out of the room and make the whole show a sterile unfunny atmosphere .. we shall see if prince can take a real joke .. history shows prince don't like to be picked on at all when he is in the room

Essence_Smith

#28 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Matz wrote:I thought Arsenio was off the air
He made a comeback for about 6 months...he was renewed and then abruptly cancelled but before they pulled the plug he had MAJOR STARS show up to give him support...who else could get Prince to do a whole show? I don't think he'll be so involved for SNL...prolly just do his songs and bounce...

Artemis

#29 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:20 am

Just heard that Prince is "rumoured" to be doing a surprise show here in Toronto at Massey Hall. There are already hundreds of people lined up to try to get a wrist band at 6PM. The tickets are supposed to be $10 and he'll do 2 shows tonight. I don't think it's a rumour since there are barricades up and the security is not sending people away. I think I should go there to scope out the scene. I can't seem to find any official info.

~

Just found this on CBC site:

"CBC News has been unable to confirm that the concert will indeed be taking place, but a CBC cameraman currently on scene at Massey Hall says a drum kit with Prince's infamous symbol emblazoned on it is being set up on stage. The cameraman and CBC reporter were then asked to leave the venue.

A long lineup has formed outside Massey Hall in anticipation of the show, with those waiting for tickets speculating whether it will be held tonight or possibly tomorrow."

Artemis

#30 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:16 pm

I think it's really happening. A friend and I are going to go try our luck to get wristbands. :rockon:

From twitter:
Confirmed. Not one but two shows by Prince in TO. Kind of takes you back to the days when the Stones would ambush us.
A look at the stage where prince is performing sent by a friend #toronto #prince #tdot #concert @TorontoComms

Artemis

#31 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 pm

It's not on. I'm glad I didn't go down there already.
From Live Nation Ontario: In response to inquiries, we can confirm that Prince will not be performing at Massey Hall tonight.

creep
Site Admin

#32 Post by creep » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Artemis wrote:It's not on. I'm glad I didn't go down there already.
From Live Nation Ontario: In response to inquiries, we can confirm that Prince will not be performing at Massey Hall tonight.
:hs: then what's the deal with the stage? prince must of backed out at the last minute.

Artemis

#33 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:04 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:It's not on. I'm glad I didn't go down there already.
:hs: then what's the deal with the stage? prince must of backed out at the last minute.
The reason why wasn't given. I'm thinking something must have happened that pissed prince off and he said, "fuck it. i am not playing" i don't know that for sure, just speculating. the pic of the drum kit was taken this morning around 9. if nothing was going on, the venue wouldn't have let people line up and set up barricades. apparently, the venue people came out about 3pm and told people to leave. :noclue:
just heard there are still hundreds of people waiting because they don't believe it's cancelled. all the gear was loaded in today, so they think something is happening.

drifter

#34 Post by drifter » Wed May 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Prince will play a surprise "Rally 4 Peace" concert at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore on Sunday, following the unrest last week over the death of Freddie Gray.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... story.html

Artemis

#35 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:40 pm

Release 40 years ago today...

I was 15 when this came out! :yikes: I played the album to death! Definitely part of the soundtrack of my teenage years.

:heart:

kv

#36 Post by kv » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:40 pm

amen!

trevor ayer

#37 Post by trevor ayer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:47 pm

"Something in the Water" is my jam.