The Cure

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
NYRexall

Re: The Cure

#26 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm

I have the Orange show on VHS and a VCD from somewhere. That show is absolute gold. Robert is allowing the band to become a nostalgia act with these cash-cow 'Reflection' tours.

creep
Site Admin

#27 Post by creep » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 pm

NYRexall wrote:I have the Orange show on VHS and a VCD from somewhere. That show is absolute gold. Robert is allowing the band to become a nostalgia act with these cash-cow 'Reflection' tours.
huh???

the reflections shows were great

nausearockpig

#28 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 pm

NYRexall wrote:I have the Orange show on VHS and a VCD from somewhere. That show is absolute gold. Robert is allowing the band to become a nostalgia act with these cash-cow 'Reflection' tours.
yea well it's not like their latest material is all that rad.. In saying that though, concerts in normal tours pull songs from albums way back.. the festivals tour has some pretty neat set lists too...

http://cure-concerts.de/main/2013.php
04.04.2013 Río de Janeiro - HSBC Arena (Brasil)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, Shake Dog Shake, Charlotte Sometimes, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,
E1: Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, Disintegration,
E2: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

06.04.2013 Sao Paulo - Arena Anhembi (Brasil)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, Shake Dog Shake, Charlotte Sometimes, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,
E1: The Kiss, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Fight,
E2: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

09.04.2013 Asunción - Hipódromo de Asunción (Paraguay)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,
E1: Cold, A Strange Day, The Hanging Garden,

12.04.2013 Buenos Aires - Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Argentina)
Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Primary, Bananafishbones, Charlotte Sometimes, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, Fascination Street, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,

14.04.2013 Santiago - Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos (Chile)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,
E1: The Same Deep Water As You, Shake Dog Shake, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary, Cold, A Strange Day, The Hanging Garden,

17.04.2013 Lima - Estadio Nacional (Peru)
E2: Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, Disintegration,
E3: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

19.04.2013 Bogotá - Parque Simón Bolívar (Colombia)
Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Prayers For Rain, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,
E1: The Same Deep Water As You, Cold, A Strange Day, The Hanging Garden,
E2: Shake Dog Shake, Fascination Street, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary,
E3: The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

21.04.2013 Mexico - Foro Sol (Mexico)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Prayers For Rain, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,
E2: Plainsong, The Same Deep Water As You, Disintegration,
E3: Shake Dog Shake, Cold, A Strange Day, The Hanging Garden, Fascination Street, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary,
E4: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

26.07.2013 Ansan - Daebu Sea Breeze Theme Park (South Korea)
Open, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End,

28.07.2013 Naeba - Naeba Prince Hotel Ski Resort (Japan)
Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Prayers For Rain, Sleep When I'm Dead, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, Fascination Street, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,
E1: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

30.07.2013 Honolulu - Neal S. Blaisdell Center Arena (USA/HI)

02.08.2013 Montreal - Parc Jean-Drapeau (Canada/QC)
Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, A Forest, Bananafishbones, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, Fascination Street, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,
E1: The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry

04.08.2013 Chicago - Grant Park (USA/IL)
Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, The Walk, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Trust, Want, Fascination Street, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,
E1: The Lovecats, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry
Granted, they're pretty repetitive (and they include The Lovecats...) but still... not bad..

nausearockpig

#29 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm

creep wrote:
huh???

I guess it depends on what you want: re-interpretations of old material - which in my opinion were fucking great - i've got some fantastic boots from those shows versus new material.. The danger is that as NYRexall implies they could become a cash-cow mockery that goes nowhere, but on the other hand they could record and release some drivel that just tarnishes their legacy..

I just want them to come back to Australia, do the new refelctions tour and tour a new great album.. is that too much to ask??? I'll get the shits if they start playing 60 minute shows lol...

NYRexall

#30 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 pm

creep wrote:
huh???

So is everything TR does.

See how that works?

nausearockpig

#31 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 pm

NYRexall wrote:
creep wrote:
huh???

See how that works?
[blink]DON'T YOU TWO TWAT UP THIS THREAD....[/blink]

Back to fawning over Robert Smith making fart noises...

creep
Site Admin

#32 Post by creep » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:55 pm

NYRexall wrote:
creep wrote:
huh???

See how that works?
i can list plenty of crap the cure has done.

can you do the same for tr fanboy?

get back to me after you actually listen to the new songs.

NYRexall

#33 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 pm

creep wrote: i can list plenty of crap the cure has done.
I already did.
can you do the same for tr fanboy?
No.
get back to me after you actually listen to the new songs.
I already have. They're terrific. You guys are just a bunch of haters because Jane's can't write stuff half this decent anymore.

I'm going back to the Cure discussion. 'Bloodflowers' is excellent!

Artemis

#34 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Here's a vid from The Cure last night at Austin City Limits.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/1 ... ast-video/

Setlist: The Cure, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, Texas, 10/12/13

1. “Open”
2. “A Night Like This”
3. “The End of the World”
4. “Lovesong”
5. “Just Like Heaven”
6. “From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea”
7. “Fascination Street”
8. “Pictures of You”
9. “Lullaby”
10. “High”
11. “The Lovecats”
12. “Close To Me”
13. “Hot Hot Hot”
14. “The Caterpillar”
15. “The Walk”
16. “Stop Dead”
17. “Push”
18. “Inbetween Days”
19. “Friday I’m In Love”
20. “Doing the Unstuck”
21. “Want”
22. “The Hungry Ghost”
23. “Wrong Number”
24. “One Hundred Years”
25. “Give Me It”
26. “End”
27. “Boys Don’t Cry”

nausearockpig

#35 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:48 pm

they pulled out Stop Dead a couple of times now.. A b-side from the mid-80s that's never been played before.. RAD....

Artemis

#36 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53 pm

yeah, i watched this last night and was really surprised to hear it live.

i think i posted the wrong youtube above.

the full show from last night is in this link

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/1 ... ast-video/

nausearockpig

#37 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 pm

look at these setlists... makes me laugh when other bands play for around the ninety minute mark and think it's OK. That's not specifically aimed at Jane's Addiction though they're not out of the range of my finger pointing. I'm talking about you Regurgitator....

08.10.2013 Monterrey - Arena Monterrey (Mexico)
Shake Dog Shake, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Sinking, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, Birdmad Girl, The Walk, Stop Dead, Sleep When I'm Dead, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Bananafishbones, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Give Me It, The Top,
E1: Treasure, Other Voices, Charlotte Sometimes, Play For Today, A Forest,
E2: Dressing Up, The Lovecats, Catch, The Caterpillar, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

10.10.2013 El Paso - Don Haskins Center (USA/TX)
Plainsong, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, Torture, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, From Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, Hot Hot Hot!!!, Birdmad Girl, The Walk, Stop Dead, Push, Inbetween Days, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Treasure, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration,
E1: Shake Dog Shake, Bananafishbones, The Caterpillar, Give Me It,
E2: Catch, The Baby Screams, Sinking, Play For Today, A Forest,
E3: The Lovecats, Close To Me, Let's Go To Bed, Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

12.10.2013 Austin - Zilker Park (USA/TX)
Open, A Night Like This, The End Of The World, Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Fascination Street, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, High, The Lovecats, Close To Me, Hot Hot Hot, The Caterpillar, The Walk, Stop Dead, Push, Inbetween Days, Friday I'm In Love, Doing The Unstuck, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Give Me It, End, Boys Don't Cry

Artemis

#38 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:52 pm

nausearockpig wrote:look at these setlists... makes me laugh when other bands play for around the ninety minute mark and think it's OK. That's not specifically aimed at Jane's Addiction though they're not out of the range of my finger pointing. I'm talking about you Regurgitator....
Funny thing is The Cure setlist was pared down for the festival.
Depeche Mode only played about 15 songs during this festival. On their tour they've been playing about 25.

nausearockpig

#39 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Artemis wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:look at these setlists... makes me laugh when other bands play for around the ninety minute mark and think it's OK. That's not specifically aimed at Jane's Addiction though they're not out of the range of my finger pointing. I'm talking about you Regurgitator....
Depeche Mode only played about 15 songs during this festival. On their tour they've been playing about 25.
Yup. As you all know either from my rantings or via your own methods, they regularly play three hour shows.. that's a fucken band!!

Artemis

#40 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Yup. As you all know either from my rantings or via your own methods, they regularly play three hour shows.. that's a fucken band!!
It helps that they have a large body of work to choose from too.

nausearockpig

#41 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 pm

yup. 13 or so albums.. Still, a band we know and l(h)o(a)v(t)e(e) has four (& a half) albums yet only plays for 90 mins... I know, I know, I'm going over old news and rehashing old wounds but come one.... bah! it's a waste of time complaining about it...

I'll be enjoying The Cure's set for the rest of the afternoon I think....

Artemis

#42 Post by Artemis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:10 pm

The Austin show was really good last night.

I'm bummed that their tour didn't make it to my neck of the woods. They played in Montreal only. :sad:

nausearockpig

#43 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 am

This is how awesome the cure is. B sides, soundtrack songs, old faves, singles...
03.11.2013 New Orleans - Festival Grounds at City Park (USA/LA)

"Voodoo Music + Arts Experience"

Mainset:
Shake Dog Shake
Fascination Street
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea (3rd song in, 7+ mins)
The End Of The World
Lovesong
Just Like Heaven
Burn (from The Crow soundtrack. Never played live)
Pictures Of You
Lullaby
High
Hot Hot Hot
The Caterpillar
The Walk
Stop Dead (b-side 1985)
Push
Inbetween Days
Friday I'm In Love
Doing The Unstuck
Bananafishbones
Want
The Hungry Ghost
Wrong Number
One Hundred Years
Give Me It

Encore
The Lovecats
Close To Me
Let's Go To Bed
Why Can't I Be You?
Boys Don't Cry
That's a Voodoo dvd worth buying...

blackcoffee

#44 Post by blackcoffee » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

I was a big Cure fan in high school (85-88). The Head on the Door album was likely my introduction. There was also an arcade we went to that featured a video jukebox type thing and either The Walk or The Lovecats were on it and that really had an impact on me at the time. Also in 85 or so, I found a copy of The Glove. An amazing one-off with Steve Severin that was just gold. I think I read that Robert couldn't sing on it for contractual reasons so they had a female vocalist. I think listening to the Glove had as much influence on me as a young poet as anything I was reading. It's not that it was necessarily good writing, but it was very freeing if that makes any sense. I also had a friend in Wales who gave me a 45 of Cult Hero--another one-off Robert Smith did.

I have memories of a cassette tape that had the Faith album on Side A and Carnage Visors on Side B. I also bought a double album that contained both Seventeen Seconds and Faith. I took the bus down to Pacific Beach from La Jolla and bought it at Licorice Pizza. Those were the days. And those two are likely my fave Cure records. From what I've heard of "newer'" stuff I think Bloodflowers comes as close to any of the older material.

history of cult hero...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_Cult_Hero

kv

#45 Post by kv » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 am

ahhh been wondering wtf nausea's ava was from...knew i had seen that image before

nausea

nausearockpig

#46 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:26 am

kv wrote:ahhh been wondering wtf nausea's ava was from...knew i had seen that image before

nausea

Hahaha busted!

blackcoffee

#47 Post by blackcoffee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:17 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
kv wrote:ahhh been wondering wtf nausea's ava was from...knew i had seen that image before

nausea

Hahaha busted!
Sorry nausea. KV, where is your avatar from ?

kv

#48 Post by kv » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 am

i forget some art mag..i have a few different ones i like the concept

nausearockpig

#49 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Yup so here's The Cure announcing a new Trilogy shows/tour comprising of The Top, The Head On The Door & Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.. that's gonna be a two and a half hour show at least not including any b-sides that they throw in - hopefully that's what they do, would love to hear a live rendition of Sugar Girl.... Oh not to mention the live DVDs supposedly coming and the follow up to 4:13 Dream... Plus the RAH shows... Fuuuuck...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/f ... shows-2014
The Cure announce new album and 'Trilogy' shows
The 'tentatively' titled 4:14 Scream will follow 2008's 4:13 Dream, and will be released in the next few months alongside a series of DVDs. Plus details of new live shows

Robert Smith and his band will play The Top, The Head On The Door and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me in full.
The Cure have announced details of their 14th studio album. The "tentatively" titled 4:14 Scream was unveiled today as part of an announcement celebrating the band's sell out Teenage Cancer Trust gigs, but not a whole lot more information regarding its release as yet exists. So far we know that it was recorded at the same time as 2008's 4:13 Dream, and that it will be released in the next few months.

Alongside vague details surrounding the new album, a live concert DVD will also be made available in the coming months, as well as another 'Trilogy' style show set to take place around the world at the end of the year. Following The Cure's previous full-album shows, this new series will reportedly feature the 1980's albums The Top, The Head On The Door and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me played live in their entirety.

In 2002, The Cure performed albums Pornography, Disintegration and Bloodflowers in full, and 2011 saw the group play Seventeen Seconds, Faith and their debut Three Imaginary Boys, which was released 35 years ago.

After selling out on fan club pre-sales alone, The Cure have also added an extra date at London's Royal Albert Hall in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust. The performances will take place on 28 and 29 March, and mark only the fifth time that the band have played UK indoor concerts in the past decade.
Chain of Flowers lit up over this.. as you can imagine... Looking forward to the various boots.. and of course the scarcity of some of them being as tiresome as ever....

THIS is how a band should be.....

trevor ayer

#50 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:58 pm

nausearockpig wrote: THIS is how a band should be.....
:agree: